Xavier Ouellet-Mike Green
Brian Lashoff-Nick Jensen

Jimmy Howard (playing full game)

Next Game:

DET.gifvs. TOR.gif

10/3, Red Wings at Maple Leafs ; 7:00EST

Oops, title should read 10/2. Edited by Hockeytown0001

These are the Leafs' projected lines. Per https://twitter.com/HennyTweets :

Projected lineup for the Toronto Maple #Leafs as they take on the Detroit #RedWingstonight in pre-season action:

JVR-Kadri-Winnik
Matthias-Bozak-Lupul
Komarov-Holland-Hyman
Panik-Arcobello-Kapanen

Phaneuf-Robidas
Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-Marincin

James Reimer is in net.

The one thing kind of throwing me off is that Jurco is skating with the other group, again. He was with Nosek-Ferraro last game, so I'm assuming it'll be the same tomorrow night. Kind of weird to see him leading the team in plus-minus (+6) and stuck with a group that looks to be the 12th-14th forwards. At the very least, you'd think he'd be in over Miele.

Not a bad lineup I'd say! Pretty full of NHL'rs on both sides. Is it just me or does that Larkin - Richards - Tatar line look deadly? Wish I could watch it, but I will be traveling back to Detroit for my weekend of work, 80 hours in three days! But hopefully I can find it somewhere on the "Tune-In Radio" app!

Let's Go Wings! This game means nothing, but doesn't it really? Would be nice to give our former coach a nice pre-season whoop up!

It looks nice but I don't know how I feel about throwing Larkin on the wing. He said he hasn't been on the wing in a long time and he'supposed to be our future 1C. I know the switch isn't massive but it feels a bit unneeded at this time.

It looks nice but I don't know how I feel about throwing Larkin on the wing. He said he hasn't been on the wing in a long time and he'supposed to be our future 1C. I know the switch isn't massive but it feels a bit unneeded at this time.

A lot of centers start out on the wing when they first break into the NHL so they're not relied upon as heavily while they get used to the physicality/ tempo/etc, or if there is already too many NHL centermen on the team.

Maybe they're thinking about starting him with the wings on the wing?

I love richards and tatar together, throw larkin on there. Ooooo mmyy gaawwddd

I feel like something just happened in your pants, and we all walked in on it and are now just standing awkwardly in the doorway fiddling with the buttons on our shirt and not knowing where to look.

That being said, I CAN ACTUALLY WATCH THIS GAME?!?!

A lot of centers start out on the wing when they first break into the NHL so they're not relied upon as heavily while they get used to the physicality/ tempo/etc, or if there is already too many NHL centermen on the team.

Yea that's definitely what it's looking like. Everything seems to be pointing to towards him starting in the NHL. He's definitely been given the most opportunity at least.

I almost wonder if they're considering Larkin over Jurco/Pulkkinen for a spot in the lineup (would explain why Jurco's been skating on a line with fringe players). Maybe they're firm on keeping Sheahan at center, and want to see how Larkin looks on the wing. It would mean waiving one of Andersson or Ferraro if Helm's ready for the season opener. Just spitballing here, of course.

Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Larkin-Richards-Tatar
Franzen-Sheahan-Helm
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro/Andersson
Jurco, Pulkkinen

Edited by Jesusberg

I'm also wondering if they are looking to get him into line up opening night. But because we have all of our centers healthy (except Datsyuk), the only way to have him in lineup is having him as a wing.

Edited by kickazz

Not a bad lineup I'd say! Pretty full of NHL'rs on both sides. Is it just me or does that Larkin - Richards - Tatar line look deadly? Wish I could watch it, but I will be traveling back to Detroit for my weekend of work, 80 hours in three days! But hopefully I can find it somewhere on the "Tune-In Radio" app!

Let's Go Wings! This game means nothing, but doesn't it really? Would be nice to give our former coach a nice pre-season whoop up!

How do you put in 80 hours over the course of a 72 hour period? That's some chuck norris level shi t. Edited by WhiteLightning91