• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Roster Moves by the Wings

Rate this topic

We have too many forwards. Our GM is not doing his job.

If having too much talent is our GM's biggest flaw, consider yourself pretty damn lucky to be a Wings fan. As a Lions fan I know when a GM is not doing their job, Holland does not fall in that category.

Who are you referring to???

Bickell? Think if he was like 1.2 or less he'd be claimed but no ones taking his contract

Not "loads" but Richard Panik? Not to mention people like Curtis Glencross are still available for nothing.

Can't really speak of panik cause haven't seen him play much , know he was in Tampa but if they let him go and now the leafs don't want nothing to do with him , that can't be a good sign?

Glencross I'm surprised cause he had like 20 goals a season , but that was like 5yrs ago I think? He's what 32-34 ? Maybe he's out of shape or something , no clue , don't know if he went on a tryout or not

But your right I do recall reading something about NHL vets being out of jobs due to salaries of higher players and teams are going with cheaper younger players

I'd have to check who's still u signed , Martin havlat I think is still out there and Derek Roy is in Switzerland but I never been a fan of his

Can't really speak of panik cause haven't seen him play much , know he was in Tampa but if they let him go and now the leafs don't want nothing to do with him , that can't be a good sign?

Glencross I'm surprised cause he had like 20 goals a season , but that was like 5yrs ago I think? He's what 32-34 ? Maybe he's out of shape or something , no clue , don't know if he went on a tryout or not

But your right I do recall reading something about NHL vets being out of jobs due to salaries of higher players and teams are going with cheaper younger players

I'd have to check who's still u signed , Martin havlat I think is still out there and Derek Roy is in Switzerland but I never been a fan of his

You now what, I was actually mixing up Panik with Winnik....my bad. I have no clue how good Panik is. Glencross is 32.

If having too much talent is our GM's biggest flaw, consider yourself pretty damn lucky to be a Wings fan. As a Lions fan I know when a GM is not doing their job, Holland does not fall in that category.

Thing is we have a ton of bottom line guys ... It's only now that we got the kids coming up last few years and more to come that we have a ton of great talent likely to be on the 4 lines

Guys like helm Andersson Ferraro and probably Miller will be gone after this year or the one after .... Clearly is gone now , Callahan won't be a wing ...who knows who else I'm forgetting

Think jurco has loads of talent but I don't know if he'll have the chance to show it here u less we package a kid or 2 for a dman

So you think Andersson will be claimed because Brian Bickell has a high salary? lol There's a news flash coming your way.

You asked me who had a high salary that went unclaimed, I mentioned Bickell ... If he had 2 yrs at 850 000 your telling me no one would take him?

Andersson has this year I think and that's it? What 700 000? That's not a big contract to take on ... Everyone thought nestrasil would go unclaimed as well ...

Thing is we have a ton of bottom line guys ... It's only now that we got the kids coming up last few years and more to come that we have a ton of great talent likely to be on the 4 lines

Guys like helm Andersson Ferraro and probably Miller will be gone after this year or the one after .... Clearly is gone now , Callahan won't be a wing ...who knows who else I'm forgetting

Think jurco has loads of talent but I don't know if he'll have the chance to show it here u less we package a kid or 2 for a dman

You don't seem to realize that having an abundance of bottom 6 talent is good. It means you can pick out the best forward talent possible. The one's left out are useless. You can't trade them. So what? Screw em. Sometimes you lose worthless assets for nothing. It's not a big deal.

You don't seem to realize that having an abundance of bottom 6 talent is good. It means you can pick out the best forward talent possible. The one's left out are useless. You can't trade them. So what? Screw em. Sometimes you lose worthless assets for nothing. It's not a big deal.

I know that but I think our talent is so good right now we're gonna have real threats on the 3rd line now , saw a post that had the lines for tomorrow I think ...

3rd line was nyquist Sheahan and pulkkinen , when's the last time we had a 3rd line that could potentially be this good? 20 goal scorers on the 3rd line +. Datsyuk zetterberg Larkin abdelkader Tatar Franzen on the top 6

Helm glendening Miller 4th? ... Now i might be biased cause I'm a wings fan but I think it's possibly our best team since we won in 08 and bettman gave Sid the 09 cup :)

Gotta fix up the d situation and we could "shock" a lot of people

I Couldn't care about the anderssons

I'd rather lose Ferraro to waivers before Andersson tbh

Rather keep Landon , he's younger and faster ... That being said I think they'll be both gone within 2 years Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Reposting this here to add Jurco's TOI...

I don't understand why people keep saying that Jurco has the skills to be a legitimate NHL player, but he hasn't proven he can do so yet... In order to prove something, you need to be given a shot. Jurco hasn't been given a legitimate shot in my opinion and he continues to be misused. I'm very surprised Blash isn't using him properly after what he showed he can do when put in a scoring role. I think it would be a huge mistake to trade Jurco at this point, as I believe he will eventually become a legit top 6 winger. His stock is at an all time low right now. He needs to get into some games and be put in a situation to succeed before you can even think about giving up on the kid.

I don't think we should be looking to trade him either, since as you say, his value would be pretty low right now. But he's had plenty of opportunities. I'll post the numbers later, but he spent quite a bit of time with skilled players. Even on the 4th line, if he really is so skilled, he should be able to produce more than what we've seen from Miller, Eaves, Helm, Glendening, etc. in the past.

There simply isn't room for everyone to play in the top 6 or even top 9. The only two really even debatable in the top 9 right now are Pulks and Sheahan, who are in the same situation as Jurco. Have to "misuse" someone. May even have to get rid of someone before we're really sure what they are. It's just reality.

I think a 4th line of Jurco-Glen-Helm would have a lot of potential. The 4th line may not be the best situation for Jurco's stat line, but it's better than not playing at all.

edit to add:

Jurco's linemates last season (playoffs included), 5v5:

Sheahan - 224:35

Miller - 208:13

Glendening - 189:07

Tatar - 158:48

Helm - 115:09

Andersson - 90:09

Zetterberg - 78:40

Datsyuk - 65:30

Nyquist - 62:07

Weiss - 50:22

Cleary - 44:09

Nestrasil - 41:52

Franzen - 31:51

Abdelkader - 21:28

Pulkkinen - 18:39

Ferraro - 0:38

He also had ~71ish minutes on the PP, which I think we can assume was almost all with skilled players.

I think you may be taking my comments out of context. I am not advocating for Miller as a "must have" over the people you listed, I am responding to the initial post that said Miller is taking Jurco's spot.

I am happy to have him on our 4th line andI would rather play him then Ferraro or Andy, but I am also realistic that he will likely not be back next year.

I got what you were saying, I was just trying to point out that Miller could be considered redundant with all the other capable PKers we have in the lineup. So in a sense he is taking Jurco's spot. I would take Ferraro out first, but I'd still have Jurco in ahead of Miller once Helm comes back.

Now, if Larkin goes to GR when Datsyuk gets back I'd put Miller back in, with Jurco and Pulkkinen fighting for a spot.

Rather keep Landon , he's younger and faster ...

Pretty sure they both sit in the pressbox at exactly the same speed. :)

Helm gets injured too often. I don't want to see him hit anymore with his fragility. A bigger 4th liner would be a more volume hitter that can actually punish the other team's defenders and wear them down somewhat. Not a guy that gets hurt eating cotton candy.

Helm gets injured too often. I don't want to see him hit anymore with his fragility. A bigger 4th liner would be a more volume hitter that can actually punish the other team's defenders and wear them down somewhat. Not a guy that gets hurt eating cotton candy.

That stuff is dangerous, bro. Out 2-4 weeks with upper molar decay. You know how bad that can stimg.

Don't we need someone who can throw an actual bodycheck? The 4th line isn't going to play Mike Babcock minutes anymore.

You mean like the big, punishing, body checkers that Chicago and Tampa have on their 4th lines? Nah, those pantywaists can't hack it..

We need a 4th line like the Islanders. Clutterbuck and Martin. Hells Yeah! Those guys hit anything that moves, which is why their team is so successful.

You mean like the big, punishing, body checkers that Chicago and Tampa have on their 4th lines? Nah, those pantywaists can't hack it..

We need a 4th line like the Islanders. Clutterbuck and Martin. Hells Yeah! Those guys hit anything that moves, which is why their team is so successful.

Except Chicago and Tampa have more talent offensively, which is why they made the Finals. When you lead the league in goals and when you have Tayes, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Sharp, you don't need a lot of big forwards.

I think it helps to have someone who can wear defenders down and make us tough to play against in a long series. A guy that can win some battles along the boards. I heard enough about the "team speed" crap a few years ago, before Boston kicked our asses. Speed by itself won't win. As Mr. Miyagi said, "First need balance". We need a more balanced lineup. I actually would keep Ferraro around for now. I think he plays a physical game. Not the biggest guy, but competes. He's more of a 4th liner than Jurco. Jurco has more skill and size, but didn't show me much last year.

Edited by GMRwings1983