• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Roster Moves by the Wings

Rate this topic

Makes you wonder wtf we do when his contract is up :(

Nothing. By then Larkin will be a number 1 center, and we'll have Sheahan, AA, and Zetterberg still on the roster. Pavel is an amazing player, but losing him isn't the same as losing Lidstrom. We'll be fine.

Sure...those wins were due to Brendan Smith playing...Abby, Hank and Larkin were non factors...

So none of those guys were factors last night. Are Abby, Hank, and Larkin to blame for losing to the Oilers? Or is Smith still on the hook? I just want to learn how the blame game goes around here. I tend to criticize players, coaches, and gms over things I can see over the course of a season or at least a long stretch of games. If a player has one horrible game, I tend NOT to pin every problem with the team on him.

Sweat all season long if you want. 76 games is a long time. I'm not ready to throw my hands up in exasperation after 6 games. Particularly when we've been here before, and we've got a better team now. We'll be fine.

Aw, hell, kip, I've been sweating while watching Wings game since 1988.

Edited by Internet.Unknown

So none of those guys were factors last night. Are Abby, Hank, and Larkin to blame for losing to the Oilers? Or is Smith still on the hook? I just want to learn how the blame game goes around here. I tend to criticize players, coaches, and gms over things I can see over the course of a season or at least a long stretch of games. If a player has one horrible game, I tend NOT to pin every problem with the team on him.

Didn't you say Smith was a failure just like 2 days ago?

You talked down the 35 year olds, Drew Miller right around the season started.

So for you to come out and pretend like "I only criticize players over the course of the season" is just bull.

Get your story straight there fella.

Edited by kickazz

Didn't you say Smith was a failure just like 2 days ago?

You talked down the 35 year olds, Drew Miller right around the season started.

So for you to come out and pretend like "I only criticize players over the course of the season" is just bull.

Get your story straight there fella.

Yes, I dont think Smith has lived up to his billing over the last 2 years +. But I dont base my opinion on him for one bad game.

Yes, I dont think Smith has lived up to his billing over the last 2 years +. But I dont base my opinion on him for one bad game.

Yet you're making it a point to show that we lost more games with Smith being scratched than him on ice?

So he's a failure because he hasn't lived up to expectations for 2+ years.

But now you want to look at 3 games we lost without Smith and wondering why he's still on the hook? Why not ask this a year from now rather than just looking at 3 games? Aren't you contradicting your own approach to assessing player performance?

I just don't get how you say "Well I don't base my opinion on one bad game" but in a previous post you mention "Look our PK is bad get rid of Drew Miller" after only having played 6 games this season.

It just sounds like you're nitpicking your arguments simply because you dislike Drew Miller.

I just don't get how you say "Well I don't base my opinion on one bad game" but in a previous post you mention "Look our PK is bad get rid of Drew Miller" after only having played 6 games this season.

It just sounds like you're nitpicking your arguments simply because you dislike Drew Miller.

You're a selective post reader. We were 17th on the pk last YEAR. And we are off to a poor start so far. I have zero dislike for any of these players. I have dislike for Drew Miller playing over Athanasiou, Mantha, Jurco, Ferraro, or Nosek. I feel like we should play our 12 best forwards. If our 12 best make 4 grind lines, so be it. If our 12 best make 4 scoring lines, fine. Drew Miller's specialty penalty killing and non-existent offense/physicality/speed are not helping the Red Wings. How many games do we need to see this before it sinks in? Cal Ripken's iron man streak is impressive because he was GOOD. Drew Miller's streak is impressive because a stupid GM and a stupid coach (maybe 2) have failed to see that he is NOT that good.

P.s. hope you arent getting upset or taking anything personally. Im just debating with you. Meant to be in a friendly manner.

You're a selective post reader. We were 17th on the pk last YEAR. And we are off to a poor start so far. I have zero dislike for any of these players. I have dislike for Drew Miller playing over Athanasiou, Mantha, Jurco, Ferraro, or Nosek. I feel like we should play our 12 best forwards. If our 12 best make 4 grind lines, so be it. If our 12 best make 4 scoring lines, fine. Drew Miller's specialty penalty killing and non-existent offense/physicality/speed are not helping the Red Wings. How many games do we need to see this before it sinks in? Cal Ripken's iron man streak is impressive because he was GOOD. Drew Miller's streak is impressive because a stupid GM and a stupid coach (maybe 2) have failed to see that he is NOT that good.

P.s. hope you arent getting upset or taking anything personally. Im just debating with you. Meant to be in a friendly manner.

Let's not talk about selective. I think what's selective is blaming Drew Miller for PK of an entire team. Which you've repeatedly done.

So about about the Smith situation then? Shouldn't he continue to be on the hook for the rest of the season regardless of the 3 games we lost without him? Since we are looking at "years" rather than one or two or a few games.

Let's not talk about selective. I think what's selective is blaming Drew Miller for PK of an entire team. Which you've repeatedly done.

So about about the Smith situation then? Shouldn't he continue to be on the hook for the rest of the season regardless of the 3 games we lost without him? Since we are looking at "years" rather than one or two or a few games.

Ok, first things first - it's 2 games. Smith has played in 4, sat for 2. And he should be criticized for poor play, but we shouldnt put the blame solely on him when we lose.

And I havent blamed Miller for the entire pk being junk. Im making a point that whatever pk magic people say or think he has isnt helping us much. Our pk is junk.

Nobody blames our losses on Smith. He is just arguably, our worst defensemen. His bad plays get pointed out because he's frustrating to watch. Very rarely one player can cause a team to lose. Some games Smith just can't do anything right and sometimes he flies under the radar/plays well, I've yet to see him put together a standout performance

Edited by joesuffP

Drew Miller is a fantastic defensive forward and an excellent penalty killer. Our PK being bad has nothing to do with Miller not belonging on this roster and a lot to do with some of the other guys being terrible on the PK. Miller plays a necessary role that I don't want any of the other guys you listed playing because Miller is better at it than they would be. The truth is we take penalties. We then need to kill those penalties. Miller is better at it than most of the guys we got. He fills a role, hence, role player. Not wanting Miller because he's not as good overall as some of those other guys is like not wanting a kicker on a football team because he's not as good if an athlete as some wide reciever. It's stupid.

Nobody blames our losses on Smith. He is just arguably, our worst defensemen. His bad plays get pointed out because he's frustrating to watch. Very rarely one player can cause a team to lose. Some games Smith just can't do anything right and sometimes he flies under the radar/plays well, I've yet to see him put together a standout performance

Rewatch the Tampa Bay series. Aside from a few gaffs in game 6, Smith was outstanding. Especially in game 7 where he was thrust into the top pairing role. I'd like to see Smith with Green. I think those 2 would feed off each other.

Ok, first things first - it's 2 games. Smith has played in 4, sat for 2. And he should be criticized for poor play, but we shouldnt put the blame solely on him when we lose.

And I havent blamed Miller for the entire pk being junk. Im making a point that whatever pk magic people say or think he has isnt helping us much. Our pk is junk.

So your logic is. I get to call him a failure. But "don't nobody dare blame him for a loss". You still haven't answered if he should be off the hook based on these few games. Because if you think he's a failure after years of assessment, then why should 2 or 3 or whatever games change anyone's mind?

As far as Miller, I recall the other day you blaming him for our PK while he wasn't even on ice during the actual PK.

Rewatch the Tampa Bay series. Aside from a few gaffs in game 6, Smith was outstanding. Especially in game 7 where he was thrust into the top pairing role. I'd like to see Smith with Green. I think those 2 would feed off each other.

Yet you said he was a failure after 2+ years of assessing him...

Can you come to a conclusion about him instead of flip flopping every other post.

So your logic is. I get to call him a failure. But "don't nobody dare blame him for a loss". You still haven't answered if he should be off the hook based on these few games. Because if you think he's a failure after years of assessment, then why should 2 or 3 or whatever games change anyone's mind?

As far as Miller, I recall the other day you blaming him for our PK while he wasn't even on ice during the actual PK.

Yet you said he was a failure after 2+ years of assessing him...

Can you come to a conclusion about him instead of flip flopping every other post.

I love Smith. Got a signed photo on my desk at work. He's awesome!

I'd rather see Larkin taken off that top line than Abdelkader. Nyquist should move up with Hank and Abby, and Larkin should center his own line...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader

Tatar - Larkin - Jurco

Sheahan - Richards - Pulkkinen

Helm - Glendening - Ferraro

Agreed. In both the Edmonton game and 1st Carolina game the offense looked a lot better when Larkin was moved. The problem is that Larkin is better on the wing than Sheahan and Richards.

I'd rather see Larkin taken off that top line than Abdelkader. Nyquist should move up with Hank and Abby, and Larkin should center his own line...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader

Tatar - Larkin - Jurco

Sheahan - Richards - Pulkkinen

Helm - Glendening - Ferraro

I like it.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. But not that Larkin is necessarily better on the wing than Sheahan or Richards, although he probably is, but more so that Larkin isn't that strong in the faceoff circle at the NHL level yet. Although, he is our future number one center, so I would like to see him start getting comfortable down the middle with the Wings. I don't mind if he hovers around 40-45% in the dots, as long as he continues to improve, which I'm sure he will...