• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Roster Moves by the Wings

Rate this topic

Yeah, I'd agree with that. But not that Larkin is necessarily better on the wing than Sheahan or Richards, although he probably is, but more so that Larkin isn't that strong in the faceoff circle at the NHL level yet. Although, he is our future number one center, so I would like to see him start getting comfortable down the middle with the Wings. I don't mind if he hovers around 40-45% in the dots, as long as he continues to improve, which I'm sure he will...

How many faceoffs has he taken? I can think of a couple when Z was thrown out the faceoff and the period where he did have his own line, but that doesn't seem like many.

I agree about Larkin taking his own line.

I'd rather see Larkin taken off that top line than Abdelkader. Nyquist should move up with Hank and Abby, and Larkin should center his own line...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader

Tatar - Larkin - Jurco

Sheahan - Richards - Pulkkinen

Helm - Glendening - Ferraro

I would switch up Pulk and Jurco but otherwise I agree. I thought Pulk looked really good with Larkin in pre season and it seemed to pay off well in that one season game.

Edited by NitzGuy

Well since a shakeup line wise is needed, why not shake up the top line? Maybe switch Abby with someone else to see if it'll spark something...

Maybe it's a better idea to keep our top goal scorer on the top line. Just a thought. Maybe move Larkin, as krsmith suggests, to center his own line.

How many faceoffs has he taken? I can think of a couple when Z was thrown out the faceoff and the period where he did have his own line, but that doesn't seem like many.

I agree about Larkin taking his own line.

16 faceoffs taken - 6 won for 37.5%

Small sample size.

So none of those guys were factors last night. Are Abby, Hank, and Larkin to blame for losing to the Oilers? Or is Smith still on the hook? I just want to learn how the blame game goes around here. I tend to criticize players, coaches, and gms over things I can see over the course of a season or at least a long stretch of games. If a player has one horrible game, I tend NOT to pin every problem with the team on him.

Really? You're this far gone in the man love for Smith? The defense has been bad....Smith was HORRID in the second carolina game. He coughed the puck up repeatedly, did a lousy job of dealing with traffic in front of the net and let at least 1-2 guys in the backdoor for completely open scoring attempts...it's like he wasn't even aware that someone might be so clever as to go to the net from a spot he can't directly see. As a result...the coach sat his ass for two games. We'll see tonight if he can get his head out of his ass long enough to make a clean simple pass coming out of his own end or will he continue to misfire...will he skate into traffic and cough up the puck leaving his end or will he mke that simple pass before two guys converge on him...will he actually locate and stay with the Flames around the net...or will he drift off to look at something brightly colored like a five year-old with ADHD?

Really? You're this far gone in the man love for Smith? The defense has been bad....Smith was HORRID in the second carolina game. He coughed the puck up repeatedly, did a lousy job of dealing with traffic in front of the net and let at least 1-2 guys in the backdoor for completely open scoring attempts...it's like he wasn't even aware that someone might be so clever as to go to the net from a spot he can't directly see. As a result...the coach sat his ass for two games. We'll see tonight if he can get his head out of his ass long enough to make a clean simple pass coming out of his own end or will he continue to misfire...will he skate into traffic and cough up the puck leaving his end or will he mke that simple pass before two guys converge on him...will he actually locate and stay with the Flames around the net...or will he drift off to look at something brightly colored like a five year-old with ADHD?

Im in FULL agreement with you on the Carolina game. Worst Ive ever seen him play. He was on the ice for 4 of the goals, and was mostly responsible for 3 of them. Cant really defend his play for that game.

Im in FULL agreement with you on the Carolina game. Worst Ive ever seen him play. He was on the ice for 4 of the goals, and was mostly responsible for 3 of them. Cant really defend his play for that game.

That's fine...I want to see him do well...we NEED him to do well. It's frustrating when he fades out like that because he's got the talent to be a solid second pairing guy on a Cup winner

In house Suggestion's;

Jensen up for Green on the D, Bertuzzi and Tangradi up for 4th line waive Andersson and Ferraro.

Jensen has shown the past 2 pre-seasons he's gotten better. Elite skating which we haven't got

in abundance on the D would be a help and he's a right hand shot. Led GR in + - last year.

For what Andersson and Ferraro bring to the table id sooner have a bit of snarl and nastiness on

our 4th line that also can contribute to the score board. Liked lil Bert last year in GR's playoff run

and he had a good pre-season. Tangradi is one of a very few bright lights currently in GR's. He

looks like he wants that call from the Joe.

We need a spark from somewhere but my main concern is the shot differential, not use to it as are

many others on here.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jensen get the call. Although, I think both Ouellet and Marchenko are still ahead of him in the pecking order (I disagree with). As for Tangradi and Bertuzzi, I'd say no to both. I'd absolutely take Tangradi over Andersson, but I'd take Jurco over both, no question. Put Jurco in the middle 6, and Glendening back at 4th line center. Bertuzzi isn't ready, he needs a full season down in Grand Rapids. No need to rush the kid.

Smith really responded well to being scratched, hopefully Kindl can do the same. I really liked the pairs last night up until Green's injury so I think Blash should continue to mix it up. Ericsson and Kronwall just can't move the puck well together

Kindl-Kronwall

DK-Quincey

Smith-Ericsson

Cut down the first pairs minutes. Smith-Ericsson could be a really good pair for us and we know DK-Q is quality

Also, sit Pulkinnen bring in Jurco. We look small and weak? Sit the midget and bring up one of the biggest forwards in the system. Kind of a no brainer. If our third line isn't going to score anyways might as well add size, maybe get some scoring.

Edited by joesuffP

Smith really responded well to being scratched, hopefully Kindl can do the same. I really liked the pairs last night up until Green's injury so I think Blash should continue to mix it up. Ericsson and Kronwall just can't move the puck well together

Kindl-Kronwall

DK-Quincey

Smith-Ericsson

Cut down the first pairs minutes. Smith-Ericsson could be a really good pair for us and we know DK-Q is quality

Also, sit Pulkinnen bring in Jurco. We look small and weak? Sit the midget and bring up one of the biggest forwards in the system. Kind of a no brainer. If our third line isn't going to score anyways might as well add size, maybe get some scoring.

Who would you bring up?

Athanasiou - 6'2", 190

Mantha - 6'4", 195

Nosek - 6'2", 200

Bertuzzi, 6'1", 195

Those are the leading candidates.

I like bringing them up in the order I listed them. Curious to see if anyone wants to see Mantha yet?

DetroitHockey.Net @detroithockey96 5m5 minutes ago

The Red Wings have placed Brad Richards on IR, according to the roster on their site.

DetroitHockey.Net @detroithockey96 4m4 minutes ago

Which is interesting because they didn't have to do that unless they were planning on calling someone up.

I am kinda shocked Jurco hasn't played more games. I think he should be rotating in with another player here and there, don't like how he is being handled especially since we aren't winning.

Our whole organization and fanbase thinks our 4th line guys are irreplaceable. Its absurd. Why cant we score when we arent on the pp? We average 163 lbs per forward and we play slow, career 4th liners over fast, young guys. Its pretty simple.

Subtract Miller and Andersson.

Add Athanasiou and Nosek.

Immediate team improvement.

But Miller is so good on the pk. But Andersson is so good at faceoffs. But but but...

We need to FRIKING SCORE!!!

Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman 2m2 minutes ago

Wings GM Ken Holland said Kyle Quincey will miss tonight's game with an undisclosed injury. Team recalled Alexey Marchenko from Grand Rapids

Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman 1m1 minute ago

Team won't know about Green's availability till they get to rink according to Wings GM Ken Holland.

Our whole organization and fanbase thinks our 4th line guys are irreplaceable. Its absurd. Why cant we score when we arent on the pp? We average 163 lbs per forward and we play slow, career 4th liners over fast, young guys. Its pretty simple.

Subtract Miller and Andersson.

Add Athanasiou and Nosek.

Immediate team improvement.

But Miller is so good on the pk. But Andersson is so good at faceoffs. But but but...

We need to FRIKING SCORE!!!

What's absurd is your obsession with Miller.

We have one of the fastest teams in the league, we're having a problem with puck movement, not skating speed. Our smallest line last night was by far our best. Only 4 of our 18 goals have come on the PP. You don't fix our scoring by replacing the 4th line with kids who haven't even shown they can score consistently in the AHL.

Quit with the stupid hyperbole. Miller is a good role player, and no one here would say anything more. 4th line winger is the least important position in the lineup. Even if he was a problem, which he isn't, he is literally the least of our problems.

The 2nd and 3rd lines looked good for once. Unfortunately they couldn't cash in last night, but if they keep playing like that they will. (I'd rather see Jurco on the 3rd, with Glendening bumping Andersson from the 4th though.) I would like to see AA get a shot if Richards is going to be out, give him a real opportunity rather than plug him in a role he's not suited for.

There it is... Green out tonight too

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 1m1 minute ago

Mike Green out tonight for Red Wings. Suffered upper body injury Friday's game at Calvary.

So Quincey did get hurt on the brutal BS hit

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 30s30 seconds ago

Kyle Quincey out with concussion per Ken Holland. Brad Richards on IR. Marchenko called up.