• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Roster Moves by the Wings

Rate this topic

I 100% agree with kip here. And those are the exact lines I would have liked to see on Friday night in Detroit.

To me, it would have been just as exciting to see him suit up for the Griffins on a line with Mantha / Bertuzzi / Athanasiou Friday night in Bakersfield...

I'm not hating on the kid at all. He's already one of my favorite players within the organization. I just don't think he should be up with the Wings yet, more specifically as a winger. He's our future number one center, play him where he's most comfortable, play Zetterberg where he's most comfortable... Makes no sense to me...

As for Jurco, as I've made very clear, Larkin should be down in Grand Rapids, so there's Jurco's spot in the lineup... However I do agree with you, I would much prefer seeing him sub in and out of that 3rd line position with Pulkkinen and/or Franzen than see him down on the 4th line where Babcock had him all last season...

I agree, Larkin should be centering that line imo for best possible chance for Larkin and that line I'm general to succeed.

I should have been more clear. Barring injury to a center. I never, ever, want to see Larkin (or Athanasiou) play on the wing when we've got really good wingers sitting on the bench or in the AHL.

Need a top six winger? Give Mantha or Bertuzzi a call. Need a center? Larkin and AA are your guys.

Bingo, we have a winner! My thoughts exactly..

Doesn't AA also play LW though? And Datsyuk and Zetterberg alternate between C and LW, maybe AA and Larkin can do the same.

But that last preseason game DLarkin played the doing

Wing and I thought it was his worse game he played. He looks more comfortable and dominate playing center. I just hope he's not set up to fail on the wing. Or at very least he won't be able to show what he's truly capable of...

I'm curious as to what happens when (if?) Helm returns next week. Do they waive Andersson or send Larkin down to Grand Rapids?

Even if they waived Andersson, they'd need to sit a Pulkinnen type to make room for Helm IF they wanted to keep Larkin in the top six. Or put Helm on the 4th line.

But then Datsyuk comes back and what happens?

The good/bad news is that there will probably always be someone on LTIR. We discussed this same roster crunch situation last year, and Holland just rode it out because of injuries (other than losing Nestrasil).

Edited by rick zombo

Even if they waived Andersson, they'd need to sit a Pulkinnen type to make room for Helm IF they wanted to keep Larkin in the top six. Or put Helm on the 4th line.

But then Datsyuk comes back and what happens?

The good/bad news is that there will probably always be someone on LTIR. We discussed this same roster crunch situation last year, and Holland just rode it out because of injuries (other than losing Nestrasil).

Which is something I'd never consider happening to this team with Babcock in charge. Now... who knows. Management seems really impressed by Larkin. If he continues to impress them, who knows.

I 100% agree with kip here. And those are the exact lines I would have liked to see on Friday night in Detroit.

To me, it would have been just as exciting to see him suit up for the Griffins on a line with Mantha / Bertuzzi / Athanasiou Friday night in Bakersfield...

I'll be at the game in San Diego on Saturday!

With Glendening, Sheahan, Abdelkader, and Larkin we don't need more than one of Miller/Andy/Ferraro/Helm in the lineup.

This is in response to Buppy's comment that was in the Carolina/Detroit thread (ignore the date). This seems like the appropriate place to respond since the thread was locked.

I think you may be taking my comments out of context. I am not advocating for Miller as a "must have" over the people you listed, I am responding to the initial post that said Miller is taking Jurco's spot.

I am happy to have him on our 4th line andI would rather play him then Ferraro or Andy, but I am also realistic that he will likely not be back next year.

Edited by kliq

There's no place for Andersson on the redwings and no future here with the kids coming but can't we even get a 7th rounder for him? He's a big guy , 6'2 I believe who can kill penalties , not the fastest but I'm sure if he goes down Toronto claims him in a second

Just wish we could get a 7th for him and toss it Anderssons way

There's no place for Andersson on the redwings and no future here with the kids coming but can't we even get a 7th rounder for him? He's a big guy , 6'2 I believe who can kill penalties , not the fastest but I'm sure if he goes down Toronto claims him in a second

Just wish we could get a 7th for him and toss it Anderssons way

People don't pay for garbage. This isn't NHL16. Loads of better players went unclaimed. Why is that so hard to understand?

People don't pay for garbage. This isn't NHL16. Loads of better players went unclaimed. Why is that so hard to understand?

Leafs will claim him .... Who's loads better that went unclaimed? Mitch Callahan? I know some people here love him but the kids gonna be a career ahler after a short NHL stint ( if he even gets that)

Leafs will claim him .... Who's loads better that went unclaimed? Mitch Callahan? I know some people here love him but the kids gonna be a career ahler after a short NHL stint ( if he even gets that)

Have you been following the league? Players far beyond Mitch AHL Callahan and AHL Andersson have cleared. This isn't hard.

Not "loads" but Richard Panik? Not to mention people like Curtis Glencross are still available for nothing.