• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Crosby says Zetterberg most competitive player he ever faced as pro

Rate this topic

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2015/10/04/Pittsburgh-Penguins-Sidney-Crosby-s-will-to-win-is-in-his-genes/stories/201510040068

Typical Crosby praise interview but he singles out Zberg (and Forseberg) as his most intense competition as a pro.

“It’s pretty feisty [play­ing against them],” he said. “At times, pretty in­tense. Those guys are guys you re­ally go head-to-head against [as a cen­ter], tak­ing face­offs. “You see them all game, all over the ice. It’s not like a de­fen­se­man you might have a cou­ple of rushes against, or maybe you’re in the cor­ner with him the odd time. You play the same po­si­tion, and you’re go­ing up against him ev­ery shift.” Pre­dict­ably, Crosby ap­pre­ci­ates the way guys like Zet­ter­berg go all-in ev­ery time they hop over the boards.

:eh:

I don't know if I would use the term average, but I agree with the premise. Z isn't big, doesn't skate particularly well and never possessed high-end skill like Pav.

That's not a knock on Z by any means -- I think that's why so many of us love him (myself included). He really does compete at a level that I have seen few athletes match.

Edited by GoWings1905

Apparently all you have to be is an average player to become the captain of one of the most successful organizations in sports history.

I don't know if I would use the term average, but I agree with the premise. Z isn't big, doesn't skate particularly well and never possessed high-end skill like Pav.

Here's my thing on this matter. What is high end skill? Flashyness? I don't think you can compare The Beard to The Magician. They both have very different styles of play. And both excel in their own individual ways, especially in their primes.

I would agree. I keep hearing about how great Crosby is and I see the stats, but I only watch the Red Wings, and Crosby doesn't do much against the Wings. I assumed it's because Zetterberg is always shutting him down.

I would agree. I keep hearing about how great Crosby is and I see the stats, but I only watch the Red Wings, and Crosby doesn't do much against the Wings. I assumed it's because Zetterberg is always shutting him down.

Aye but Glendog is now our shutdown forward over Z.

Times are changing

Edited by kickazz