• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Raffi Torres at it again.

Rate this topic

He's so bad at being a grinder. How hard is it to avoid headshots ya dumbo. If almost all of the other grinders can do it why can't you..

He took a few strides but I thought it looked shoulder to shoulder, at least didn't look like he was targeting the head on purpose to me. Maybe I'm blind.

He could have avoided it in this case imo. dudes head was down. I do notice it was close to shoulder tho.

Wow i just looked at the gif. Ouch!

Edited by kickazz

He's so bad at being a grinder. How hard is it to avoid headshots ya dumbo. If almost all of the other grinders can do it why can't you..

He could have avoided it in this case imo. dudes head was down. I do notice it was close to shoulder tho.

Wow i just looked at the gif. Ouch!

Yeah, honestly I don't have a problem with the hit. He got rocked. Sometimes you get rocked. This is hockey. This is life.

San Jose Sharks forward Raffi Torres will have a hearing with the National Hockey League on Monday after receiving a match penalty for an illegal hit to the head of Anaheim Ducks forward Jakob Silfverberg.

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported Torres has waived his right to an in-person hearing.

Torres was assessed the penalty in the first period of Saturday's exhibition game.

Silfverberg left the ice and did not return.

"He"s OK. Thank goodness for that," Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said. "He was kept out just for precautionary reasons. Knowing this was the last pre-season game, there was no sense bringing him back. He could’ve played.""

Sharks coach Pete DeBoer called the play "unfortunate."

According to NHL rules, any player who receives a match penalty "shall be automatically suspended from further competition until the Commissioner has ruled on the issue."

Torres has been suspended four times in his NHL career, the most recent coming during the 2012-13 Stanley Cup playoffs. Torres was suspended for the remainder of the second round against the Los Angeles Kings for an illegal check to the head of Jarret Stoll.

Torres was handed a 25-game suspension in 2012 while playing for the Arizona Coyotes after landing a late hit on the Blackhawks' Marian Hossa. The 25 game suspension is the third-longest handed down by the league.

Looks like he could get a pretty lengthy suspension....

It's being reviewed for the same reasons as the hossa hit.

And supposedly he's not considered a "repeat offender" because he hasn't been suspended for the past 18 months. but hasn't he been injured most of that time?

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/10/04/torres-offered-in-person-hearing-potentially-setting-up-long-suspension/

Good riddance :bye1:

edit: also, who in their right mind gave him an A??? hopefully that's just a matter of not enough starters playing in a preseason game.

Edited by amato

do you really believe it?

I dont'. until they use equal measure to everyone regardless offender status

Why do you think the NHL should not take past suspensions/actions into consideration when handing out suspensions?