• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

3 Bold Predictions for 2015-16

Rate this topic

Hopefully this will be something fun for a boring Monday morning.

1. Kessel scores less than 35 goals on Crosby's wing.

2. The Florida Panthers make the playoffs, the Canadiens don't.

3. Neither McDavid, nor Eichel, win the Calder Cup (but I don't know who does).

Kip is winning with his bold predictions

Here's my predictions, all Red Wings related because... F*** other teams...

1. Pulkkinen leads the Red Wings in both power-play goals and total goals on the year.

2. Howard gets nominated and plays in the All-Star game and is in the Vezina conversation at the end of the season.

3. Zetterberg plays in 80 games and puts up 70+ points, which is good for second in team scoring.

I am Not bashing on you with this quote, I can see where you were at when thinking this in early October. Then he got a dislocated shoulder, which probably wasn't too hard to accomplish, him being hobgoblin sized for the NHL.

With that said, a small lol is in order.

Well, he was the leading goal scorer in the AHL. But it did not, and will not translate to the big league. Undersized, too long windup for the shot (something I've been scaling off in my personal game), needs time to setup i.e. he needs to be stationary for the big slapshot.

Simply not enough time or size for him to do magic.

1. Cleary will wear #11 this year....for the Griffins.

2. Athaniesou will be the 2nd kid to earn a permanent spot on the Red Wings at forward.

3. Larkin wins the Calder Trophy.

These predictions are very close to hitting the mark spot on. Larkin won't win the Calder, but he is/was close. Very nicely foreseen overall. 2.5 out of 3.

Well, he was the leading goal scorer in the AHL. But it did not, and will not translate to the big league. Undersized, too long windup for the shot (something I've been scaling off in my personal game), needs time to setup i.e. he needs to be stationary for the big slapshot.

Simply not enough time or size for him to do magic.

Yep. Too one dimensional, and the one thing he brings he can't do with the speed of the NHL game. Wonder if he gets moved this summer..that's if there's any interest. He's taking up a roster spot for nothing.

The one bold prediction of the Wings having the most 20 goal scorers is especially painful. Does anyone have twenty yet? Last time I checked Larkin and Tatar were close.

Edit: Larkin has 23 and Tatar 21. Not even a 25 goal scorer on the team. Yeah. That's gotta be worst in the league.

DET isn't the worst in that category, but pretty close, 2nd worst. Toronto doesn't have a single 20 goal scorer, 2 guys are at 19 goals.

EDM comes in a close 3rd worse though, they only have 2, 20 goal scorers, but they both have 25.

I don't think the Wings want to be in the same category as TOR and EDM this year.

Kip is winning with his bold predictions

Its almost like I know what I'm talking about eh? Lol.

To be fair, McDavid would clearly have won the Calder if not for his injury (he still might), so we will call it 2 for 3. Still, kudos to me for the Kessel and playoff picks. Nobody called that, either on LGW or in the hockey press, at the time.