• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Dylan Larkin on opening night roster

Rate this topic

I want him to be in the top 3 scoring for r.o.y, but I don't want him to win it.

Its kind of like the madden curse but for NHL rookies.

Lol.

I think Hank came in 2nd for Calder behind Berret Jackman. You know the difference between their careers...

----

Larkin first Red Wing teenager to score NHL goal in his debut game since Steve Yzerman!

F*** that! I want Larkin to win the Calder over McDavid and Eichel. How unreal would that be? Kids' definitely got it in him.

I believe in the Calder curse just as much as I do the touching the Clarence Campbell or Prince of Whales Trophy curse... and that is, not at all...

I was one of the few that wanted him to start in Grand Rapids, but now that he's up, I hope he never sees an AHL game again. Continue to wreck shop kid. You're a f***ing beauty!

F*** that! I want Larkin to win the Calder over McDavid and Eichel. How unreal would that be? Kids' definitely got it in him.

I believe in the Calder curse just as much as I do the touching the Clarence Campbell or Prince of Whales Trophy curse... and that is, not at all...

I was one of the few that wanted him to start in Grand Rapids, but now that he's up, I hope he never sees an AHL game again. Continue to wreck shop kid. You're a f***ing beauty!

Yeah, he changed your mind realll quick :P

I'm stoked. He's playing better than anyone could've hoped. Should be an exciting season!

I'll admit that he's played better than I expected, however it is still a very small sample size. It's not really that he changed my mind, I knew the kid was going to be good. But if we had the option to do it again, I'd still say he should start the season down in Grand Rapids, and I'm sure I'm one of the few that would say that, but that's okay.

He's looked great so far, and I'm sure he will be great over time (I've already anointed him our future captain...) But let's see how he handles his first bit of adversity, let's see how he handles going a few games without putting up points...

I'll admit that he's played better than I expected, however it is still a very small sample size. It's not really that he changed my mind, I knew the kid was going to be good. But if we had the option to do it again, I'd still say he should start the season down in Grand Rapids, and I'm sure I'm one of the few that would say that, but that's okay.

He's looked great so far, and I'm sure he will be great over time (I've already anointed him our future captain...) But let's see how he handles his first bit of adversity, let's see how he handles going a few games without putting up points...

I'm wondering about this myself. Furthermore, I'm wondering how he'll handle the situation if the Red Wings decide to send him down to Grand Rapids. They can waive Andersson when Helm returns, but what happens when Datsyuk is back? Knock on wood, the team is healthy when that happens.

Is it worth it to expose Ferraro to waivers? Do they move Jurco or Pulkkinen? I don't see those moves as viable options. Larkin's been riding a "high" for about a year now. He's succeeded at every level and continued to climb the ladder. Yes, I'm curious as to how he'll handle a dry spell, but what about how he handles a "demotion"? I think he handles himself well, and he seems to be a mature kid - it'll be interesting to see how this pans out in the next 3-4 weeks.

...or maybe we won't have to wait a week.

#RedWings Helm in white today and Ferraro in gray, meaning Helm could be ready to go.

Lines used in practice:

Lines: Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Larkin Tatar-Richards-Franzen Nyquist-Sheahan-Pulkkinen Helm-Glendening-Miller Jurco-Andersson-Ferraro xtras

Edited by Jesusberg

So does this mean Jurco and Ferraro will be the scratches? Will Helm be on the 4th line with Glendening and Miller?...

Helm-Glendening-Miller

ALSO...

PP Units at practice: Abby-Nyquist-Franzen Zetterberg-Kronwall Tatar-Richards-Sheahan Pulky-Green

No, he's not Ovechkin, but man oh man. Green has a right-handed shooter to pass the puck to on the power play.

Edited by Jesusberg

I agree with you 150%. I think that he will stay up until he hits a significant dry spell, though, unless they're worried sending another player down will be Nestrasil part deux.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/77513-dylan-larkin-turning-pro-will-play-for-gr-immediately/page-8#entry2612694

Edited by _SP_

Took the words out of mouth. I'm extremely happy for him and surprised by how well he is handled the NHL so far but keep in mind it's a very small sample size against argueable the 2 worst teams in the east. If Larkin can keep this up and doesn't look out of place after his 8 game the Wings will have to make a hard decision.

Personally I think the notion that a 18, 19 old can't learn anything in the AHL is false. Jonathan Toews ! of all people wanted to go back to the AHL because he felt he wasn't ready (mentally and physically). The AHL isn't a bad league it's a development league and a very good one at that. So wheter Larkin will stay past his 9 game stint or not one thing is for sure the Wings have one heck of a prospect in him.

The Zetterberg/Nyquist/Abdelkader/Kronwall unit was one of the best in the league last year. I can see why they don't want to change that.

Franzen's with them this year while datsyuk is out so they've already changed the unit by one player. It's more about who's filling in the 5th spot. I'm fine keeping it as the old guard+Nyquist with Franzen. Pulkkinen could work there if we need another shooter, but I do get the Pulkkinen as OV idea with Green. If Kronwall can get shots through than we don't need to consider getting another shooter on the 1st PP.

Franzen's with them this year while datsyuk is out so they've already changed the unit by one player. It's more about who's filling in the 5th spot. I'm fine keeping it as the old guard+Nyquist with Franzen. Pulkkinen could work there if we need another shooter, but I do get the Pulkkinen as OV idea with Green. If Kronwall can get shots through than we don't need to consider getting another shooter on the 1st PP.

I thought they split Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the powerplay last year? Im pretty sure Datsyuk was with Tatar, Sheahan and maybe helm? I forgot which defender was with them maybe Dekeyser

Edited by kickazz

Holland has consistently shown the propensity to do nothing in this circumstance. Unfortunately I just don't see a trade in the cards. We have known about the glut of forwards for some time now

its not a new problem. Larkin made the Wings better both nights and will continue to do so. I'd argue Athanasiou should be in the line-up as well. Letting kids mature when it makes sense is fine,

hurting the team by sending the best talent to the minors because you have no other options is silly and the reason I'm not a Holland fan. If no trade is made I'd ditch Anderson, Ferraro or whoever

else is low man on the roster.

I thought they split Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the powerplay last year? Im pretty sure Datsyuk was with Tatar, Sheahan and maybe helm? I forgot which defender was with them maybe Dekeyser

That does sound right. Dekeyser was on the 2nd PP for much of the year, but Zidlicky was on one of the powerplays at the end of the year and maybe took DK's spot.

I actually forgot who was with Z/Abby/Kronwall/Nyquist - I just assumed it was Datsyuk. My point, though, was that it wasn't Franzen because he was out most of the year and wasn't part of last year's successful PP. And so they have changed it up at least a bit. Do you remember who the missing guy was with Z? Weiss?

That does sound right. Dekeyser was on the 2nd PP for much of the year, but Zidlicky was on one of the powerplays at the end of the year and maybe took DK's spot.

I actually forgot who was with Z/Abby/Kronwall/Nyquist - I just assumed it was Datsyuk. My point, though, was that it wasn't Franzen because he was out most of the year and wasn't part of last year's successful PP. And so they have changed it up at least a bit. Do you remember who the missing guy was with Z? Weiss?

It might have been Weiss actually. I get your point. But i think Franzen will do just as well as Weiss maybe even better?

I liked that Z and D split very much actually. They were dominating the powerplays last year.

The kid is clearly NHL capable, sure it's only been 2 games but he's producing (on the top line at that) and we're a much better team WITH him than without him. If he struggles, let him make his mistakes (and learn from them) against his peers, not minor leaguers.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to hit 30 goals, but let him cut his teeth playing alongside Z and D, that opportunity won't be around for much longer. With that said, tomorrow is going to be his first real test and I'm really looking forward to watching him skate circles around McDavid on the 21st.

Edited by WingsAlways