• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Dylan Larkin on opening night roster

Rate this topic

What if Larkin stays entire season on the roster and wins rookie of the year. :)

Goals.

I want to see how he plays with Z and Abby. I have a good feeling about it. Catiously optimistic.

----

Think about this folks..

Our top prospect and potential future captain is on the starting line with elite player and CURRENT captain and possible future hall of famer.

The story is really epic the more i think about it.

Edited by kickazz

What if Larkin stays entire season on the roster and wins rookie of the year. :)

Goals.

I want to see how he plays with Z and Abby. I have a good feeling about it. Catiously optimistic.

----

Think about this folks..

Our top prospect and potential future captain is on the starting line with elite player and CURRENT captain and possible future hall of famer.

The story is really epic the more i think about it.

Seriously. LGW should be in full rejoicing mode.

How many times have people called for inserting our top prospect onto the top or 2nd line, and it never happens.

Well it's happening now.

As if. This ain't LGWs if there's no bitchin' about something.

True sign of the apocalypse: LGW all agrees on something.

We've sent down plenty of players after they played great for us and proven themselves in real games. Mrazek, Nyquist...

Yup. ...and the handful of games he's going to get at the NHL level is only going to help, not harm.

Anyone thinks Larkin has a chance of sticking around all year? Was thinking of doing a lottery ticket here with the hopes he could contend .... Pays 10 dollars x your bet (you can add other picks) if you select any other rookie as Larkin isn't mentioned in the list

the obvious mcdavid eichel domi Reinhart hanican strome Bennett I believe were the only mentioned ones

I'm thinking if Larkin sticks around top 6 all year he might have a shot along with panarin from Chicago if he plays with Kane all year

I like this move for it's reflection on Blashill. In the article with mlive he says something like: "we thought, I especially thought that he makes us that much better..." He wanted to make it known that he pushed for this. Many 1st time coaches, I'd imagine, might defer to experienced management (though we don't know if others' opinions were different) or err on the safe side afraid of criticism or just unsure of their footing. It bodes well for the hope that we have a guy confident in his approach and vision for the team and won't just go along with previous norm.

I'm sure I won't agree with all his moves (Pulkkinen over Jurco? I Would even put Jurco on the 4th rather than have him sit. Don't like Nyquist with Tatar.) but it's good to see that he looks to be a strong leader.

PVD, we usually agree on most things Red Wings, so let's just agree to disagree on this one. I think he should have started the season down in Grand Rapids, and proven himself down there first. That's not saying I'm not excited as hell to see what he can do with the Wings Friday night. And now that he's up, I hope he never looks back, plays 82 games and scores 100 points, on his way to the Calder Trophy this season...

Surprised there's so many against him playing for the Wings. He most likely gets sent down when Helm/Datsyuk return, so I don't see why playing top line minutes with Zetterberg would hurt his development in any way whatsoever. If he shows he's not ready, he'll get sent down knowing exactly which areas he needs to improve in. And if he does well, then that's great.

Surprised there's so many against him playing for the Wings. He most likely gets sent down when Helm/Datsyuk return, so I don't see why playing top line minutes with Zetterberg would hurt his development in any way whatsoever. If he shows he's not ready, he'll get sent down knowing exactly which areas he needs to improve in. And if he does well, then that's great.

Being thrust into a role like he is being put into can be a tough thing for an 18 year old kid. If he comes in and cant handle it, it could hurt his confidence. I hope that doesn't happen, and personally I don't think it will, but it could. Nobody wants to see Larkin turn into a Daige, Stefan, DiPietro etc. That's why some people are against it.

If Larkin makes this team better, he'll stay regardless. They didn't keep him on the roster just because there was room for him. They kept him because they believe he is ready for the NHL now. If he excels, he keeps his roster spot. It's someone else that will be moved elsewhere IMO. If the intention isn't to give him a legit shot at sticking with the team full time, he'd be playing on the top line with GR tomorrow night. Only way he gets sent down is if he struggles. And I think it is fantastic. Comparing him to Jurco really isn't fair. Two very different situations.

As for being bumped into the NHL over other guys, he is simply the most ready. Hockey isn't about tenure, it is about icing the best team you can. Every season a small few 18 and 19 year old kids break into the league. It is about time we have one that is good enough at that age. He already shown he can hang with NHL calibre talent. I see no reason why he can't learn his stuff with the Wings instead of GR. You save that for the kids who need to develop their game.

Being thrust into a role like he is being put into can be a tough thing for an 18 year old kid. If he comes in and cant handle it, it could hurt his confidence. I hope that doesn't happen, and personally I don't think it will, but it could. Nobody wants to see Larkin turn into a Daige, Stefan, DiPietro etc. That's why some people are against it.

I here you in many ways, but I honestly think better he start here than come up randomly midway through. The grind of the regular season from the get go is a very different grind than one felt when you're a random call up at mid-season because someones injured. You get excited to be here and play above where you're at and when the struggles come, you flounder. Happens too often. I think it's fine to let guys develop, but if they're special and you're going to bring them up, do it from the get go or leave them.

I here you in many ways, but I honestly think better he start here than come up randomly midway through. The grind of the regular season from the get go is a very different grind than one felt when you're a random call up at mid-season because someones injured. You get excited to be here and play above where you're at and when the struggles come, you flounder. Happens too often. I think it's fine to let guys develop, but if they're special and you're going to bring them up, do it from the get go or leave them.

For the record, I wasn't saying that was my opinion. The statement made was that the poster was surprised some people were negative to him being on the roster, and I gave what I believe is the reason for some of the negativity.

My personal opinion is somewhere in the middle. I think Holland is one of the best ever in developing young talent, and as frustrating as it is to some that he loves to "let them develop", nobody can deny his track record. Sometimes a guy comes in who doesn't need to develop in the minors, and if Larkin is one of those guys I am absolutely thrilled.

I think with Larkin it's not only his play style but also his maturity that's impressing the management. A good attitude and leadership goes a long way.

For a teenager he is very very mature. They probably feel he can handle the pressure.

This. He's a baby that plays/acts like a 35 year old. And he's got the talent to back it up. Future C in the making.

If he sticks with the team this season and plays as well as we all expect him to, is there any question whether or not he will be the next captain of the Detroit Red Wings?... I don't think so.

After Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Kronwall have all retired, it is a real possibility that we could see Larkin, Abdelkader and DeKeyser (three Michigan natives) as the captain and alternate captains... Pretty cool stuff. :cool:

If he sticks with the team this season and plays as well as we all expect him to, is there any question whether or not he will be the next captain of the Detroit Red Wings?... I don't think so.

After Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Kronwall have all retired, it is a real possibility that we could see Larkin, Abdelkader and DeKeyser (three Michigan natives) as the captain and alternate captains... Pretty cool stuff. :cool:

My bet would be Larkin or dekeyser and I agree with you that whichever doesn't become captain gets the A along with abdelkader

I said this when they drafted Larkin and I got called names.

NAMES!

Its about time. Tired of sitting on talent and depending on half baked alternatives that just aren't that impressive. Give em hell Larkin!!! Maybe we'll see other young guys before the season is over (Athanasiou)

I'll be his biggest fan all year long!!

I agree. Miller and Andersson are not useful when you have burners like Athanasiou and Larkin ready to tear it up.

that would be sick! im so hype for tomorrow #gowings