• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Janmark nylen makes the Dallas roster

Rate this topic

And you think Nill would of asked for janmark to be in the deal if he didn't know his potential?

He's playing on the 2nd line with spezza btw not bottom 6

That's fine. There would be no room for him in the top six (basically forever) either.

Like I said, Nill ran the Wing's draft so he essentially drafted Janmark. He obviously liked him. That doesn't mean that other GMs did. And Nill wasn't offering Detroit a top 4 defensemen. In fact, no one was, not for a reasonable price. I'd say Nill was doing Holland a favor in that trade, if anything. I certainly don't think Kenny gave it a second thought, and for good reason.

Anyways fine I'll let it go :P ... Im just gonna hope he turns out the be the next zetterberg lol

So you can tell us how right you were? Nice.

That's fine. There would be no room for him in the top six (basically forever) either.

Like I said, Nill ran the Wing's draft so he essentially drafted Janmark. He obviously liked him. That doesn't mean that other GMs did. And Nill wasn't offering Detroit a top 4 defensemen. In fact, no one was, not for a reasonable price. I'd say Nill was doing Holland a favor in that trade, if anything. I certainly don't think Kenny gave it a second thought, and for good reason.

So you can tell us how right you were? Nice.

No question there was no room for him here and with the prospects coming I won't miss him ... Just don't like the return we got

And to the 2nd part ... Yes :)

And you think Nill would of asked for janmark to be in the deal if he didn't know his potential?

He's playing on the 2nd line with spezza btw not bottom 6

That's just something we'll have to disagree with , I know I'm in the minority but I don't think legwand brought anything to the table and still think we could of made the playoff push with jarnkrok instead ... That's another topic though

Umm when he was dealt ... When .... He was one of our top prospects , top 10 I believe (googled for old prospect rankings but had no luck) ranked higher than athanasiou .... Just cause that isn't the case now doesn't diminish his worth at the time of the deal

Anyways fine I'll let it go :P ... Im just gonna hope he turns out the be the next zetterberg lol

Not true at all. He's centering the 4th line. Spezza is centering Nichushkin and former Red Wing great Patrick Eaves.

From Nill's comments it also sounds like Janmark will end up back in Sweden at some point this season.

What player would Janmark replace this year? Nobody. So he'd go back to Sweden. Who would he replace next year? Mantha? AA? Bertuzzi? Nope. Back to Sweden, probably for good.

He wasn't a top prospect. He was a middling prospect and made a team with a weaker forward group than the Wings. He had virtullay no chance of ever being a Red Wing, better to get a gut like Cole than nothing at all.

If he hadn't been trades he'd be scoring his goals in Sweden instead. Not any kind of loss

ITS ALL KIND OF LOSS, WE LOST HIM FOR PEANUTS, PEANUTS!!!!

PANNNNIIIICCCCCCC!

PANICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!

PANIC!

BTW, I'm not making fun of anyone, it was the hayrides tonight, and me and my Buddy were driving some tractors.

Needless to say we got drunk afterwards and make fun of the kids who fell off the sleds.

Don't judge me, its a lot funnier in real time

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Everyone's all butt hurt about Janmark while failing to realize that the important piece we lost in that trade was Patty Eaves. He's so, he's so right handed, it's marvelous.

Wrong trade. Eaves was in the Legwand deal. Have to wait for Jarnkrok to score for that joke.

If he hadn't been trades he'd be scoring his goals in Sweden instead. Not any kind of loss

But he's not , he's scorin his goals in the nhl ;) .... Again just bothered we didn't use him In a package to get a dman instead of damaged goods ... Anyways

Not gonna pretend I watched the whole game but from what I seen he's been pretty good and he's got the most shots on his team along with sharp and 2 others I believe at 3 per

Wrong trade. Eaves was in the Legwand deal. Have to wait for Jarnkrok to score for that joke.

He got an assist ... Does that count?

Is it possible that the kid could be good AND still be no big loss to the organization?

I can't recall the last time our prospects were this good and with the young kids in Detroit already we won't miss janmark even if he's good and becomes a star ... Our d depth is what's the problem and I'm not a fan of giving up promising kids for old damaged ufa vets

Just think we need to find some young promising d's to go along with our fantastic forwards and mrazek

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I can't recall the last time our prospects were this good and with the young kids in Detroit already we won't miss janmark even if he's good and becomes a star ... Our d depth is what's the problem and I'm not a fan of giving up promising kids for old damaged ufa vets

Just think we need to find some young promising d's to go along with our fantastic forwards and mrazek

There are no "do-overs." It's done. Move on or don't. ...but you're wrong. He won't be missed even if he does end up good.

So... What are Marchenko, XO, Jensen, Sproul, Saarijarvi? Chopped liver?

There are no "do-overs." It's done. Move on or don't. ...but you're wrong. He won't be missed even if he does end up good.

So... What are Marchenko, XO, Jensen, Sproul, Saarijarvi? Chopped liver?

I'm not wrong cause I never said he'd be missed ... Re-read .... Our prospects are so good even if janmark becomes a star won't matter to us

Those defensemen you mentioned are good ... Just good , don't think either of those guys are 1-2 pairing dmen and if were lucky sproul and saarijarvi can become quarterbacks on the ppl's and can fetch us 30-40

I'm hoping ouellette turns out to be a Vlasic

The problem with drafting defensemen though is that it's harder to tell if they'll be first pairing or not until a few years into their NHL careers, unless they're a top 5 pick, like a Keith, Doughty or OEL. Defenseman take longer to develop than forwards, and we don't get low first round picks. The guys we have in waiting probably won't be winning Norris trophies, but those type of guys are rare in the draft and rarely available through free agency or the draft. Green was a good addition. As for XO, Marchy, Jensen, and Sproul, decisions will need to be made pretty soon. DDK, Kronwall, Green and E are likely to hold their spots. I have to think that Q will not be re-signed. That leaves 2 spots for 6 defensemen, including Smith and Kindl. There are going to have to be trades made in the next few seasons. We can't possibly keep them all.

I agree with your overall point here, however, Doughty was the only "top 5" pick of the players you mentions at #2. Ekman-Larson was close at #6, but Keith was a late second round pick (#54).

I don't think Ouellet or Sproul are going to be anything close to what Keith was, but they were both picked 48th and 55th respectively. Also Weber is another absolute stud that was drafted in the later second round (#49).

I don't necessarily believe that in order for a player to become a top pairing defenseman or a top line forward, they need to have been a top draft pick. Players like Ouellet and Sproul 'could' become top pairing defenseman, I just don't see it happening... I don't believe we have a single player or prospect on the back end, under the age of 25 that has top pairing potential, and that is worrisome to me. I think DeKeyser is the only player we have of that caliber and he will be 26 this season. We desperately need to add a few top end defensemen to the organization...

I agree with your overall point here, however, Doughty was the only "top 5" pick of the players you mentions at #2. Ekman-Larson was close at #6, but Keith was a late second round pick (#54).

I don't think Ouellet or Sproul are going to be anything close to what Keith was, but they were both picked 48th and 55th respectively. Also Weber is another absolute stud that was drafted in the later second round (#49).

I don't necessarily believe that in order for a player to become a top pairing defenseman or a top line forward, they need to have been a top draft pick. Players like Ouellet and Sproul 'could' become top pairing defenseman, I just don't see it happening... I don't believe we have a single player or prospect on the back end, under the age of 25 that has top pairing potential, and that is worrisome to me. I think DeKeyser is the only player we have of that caliber and he will be 26 this season. We desperately need to add a few top end defensemen to the organization...

I think it'll happen by trade ... With athanasiou mantha bertuzzi svechnikov coming and possibly holmstrom nosek , add that to the fact we already have pulkkinen Tatar nyquist Sheahan jurco and Larkin with the team we just have a ton of kids and abdelkader, zetterberg glendening will probably be here another 3-5 years at least

I can see a nyquist pulkkinen 1st + dman prospect for a good dman