• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/7 National Hockey League games GDT

Rate this topic

Some of us would kill to have this fool on the team, he is exactly what the Wings have been missing for way too long. A big, rugged, nasty powerforward that will score you 20 + goals each year.

You'd kill to have a man who runs around and hits other men in the genitals on this team?

Some of us would kill to have this fool on the team, he is exactly what the Wings have been missing for way too long. A big, rugged, nasty powerforward that will score you 20 + goals each year.

Take Lucic, add about 75 IQ points, remove about 20 punds of fat, and give him a soul and you have Abdlekader: a big, rugged, power forward that can score 20 goals. No need for the "nasty" part.

I watched Montreal and Toronto last night. Montreal is bad. They're pretty fast, but very weak. No grit to their game at all. Price was often the difference between leading the game and being tied, or behind. That said, Toronto struggled mightily (and lost) to a pretty bad team. So there's always that for a silver lining.

Take Lucic, add about 75 IQ points, remove about 20 punds of fat, and give him a soul and you have Abdlekader: a big, rugged, power forward that can score 20 goals. No need for the "nasty" part.

Lucic has scored 20+ goals in 3 of his 7 pro seasons. So it's not even like he regularly scores that much. He occasionally does. Otherwise he's just a dumb tub of s*** that takes bad penalties and doesn't play defense.

I watched only the second period and I thought Toronto played a very structured, disciplined game. Hard to say if that was because Montreal played bad, but the Habs were struggling to get their offense going. I was actually surprised how Toronto played in that second period. They won't make the playoffs, but they already are beyond the dumpster fire they were last year and won't be easy to play against.

Edited by derblaueClaus

I watched only the second period and I thought Toronto played a very structured, disciplined game. Hard to say if that was because Montreal played bad, but the Habs were struggling to get their offense going. I was actually surprised how Toronto played in that second period. They won't make the playoffs, but they already are beyond the dumpster fire they were last year and won't be easy to play against.

Babs teams are never easy to play against. They "compete" as hard as anyone. But I've always maintained that unless he's got superstar talent (which he doesn't in TO) his teams will pretty much always lose close games because his system doesn't allow for guys to play a structured game AND makes plays consistently (unless they're Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom) like. They'll always lose more close ones than they'll win because nobody on that team is good enough to do both, and nobody else is empowered to make a play at the risk of abandoning the structure.

This has been a common theme the past couple years, and will be this year. If Price doesn't go Hasek again Montreal might not make the playoffs, they just aren't very good. Leafs still suck though.

there is a reason why many are saying the Habs are going as far as Price can take them. He for sure will need some help from the offense sooner than later.

I don't get the Looch hate yeah that spear was disgusting and he should be ashamed that's not how real men are playing but denying that he can be a brute force on the offense when he's on is false. Looch is at his best when he plays angry and with a chip on his shoulder.

Edited by frankgrimes

there is a reason why many are saying the Habs are going as far as Price can take them. He for sure will need some help from the offense sooner than later.

I don't get the Looch hate yeah that spear was disgusting and he should be ashamed that's not how real men are playing but denying that he can be a brute force on the offense when he's on is false. Looch is at his best when he plays angry and with a chip on his shoulder.

I would say the exact opposite. Looch is one of the least disciplined players in the NHL and loses his composure very easily. As soon as he gets riled up he makes dumb decisions and embarrasses himself. Like hitting other men in the genitals behind the play.

Edited by number9