• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT : @ Red Wings 4, Toronto Maple Leafs 0

Rate this topic

Assuming most of you are Lions fans (I'm a Packers fan, Green Bay is only 2 hours from here), I'm surprised you guys aren't more sympathetic to the "Owen" jokes.

I remember when by little brother was born about 13 years ago, there were jokes about naming him Owen after the Lions record (my dad is a Lions fan).

And of course who can forget that "Owen 16" season not long ago, which was capped off by a loss to the Packers if I'm not mistaken :bye:

It seems that Tats and Gus need to shake off some rust.

it seems like neither of them have put some weight on or even trained this summer, I mean Tats will be fine but goose needs another ten pounds or he needs to get a new playing style, Z won't be here forever and he probably won't even play with him this year that second line needs some work

Assuming most of you are Lions fans (I'm a Packers fan, Green Bay is only 2 hours from here), I'm surprised you guys aren't more sympathetic to the "Owen" jokes.

I remember when by little brother was born about 13 years ago, there were jokes about naming him Owen after the Lions record (my dad is a Lions fan).

And of course who can forget that "Owen 16" season not long ago, which was capped off by a loss to the Packers if I'm not mistaken :bye:

Ha. Dude, we endured that season, bringing it up doesn't bother us.

Lions fans are like maple leaf fans, except we know we're terrible.

I'm a Lions fan. I don't live in Detroit anymore, but I was able to be there for the 16th game of that infamous season. All kinds of places were advertising their "0 and 16" parties. I think I would have actually been disappointed if they'd won that game (although the Lions' losing streak at Lambeau is getting ridiculous).

Edited by Y19

Babs is the one who put himself on the hotseat. Not us. If he fails in Toronto, we will get an infinite source of laughter for years to come. If he does well, screw it he's Babcock, of course he did well. F the Leafs. Winning = Detroit.

Babs is the one who put himself on the hotseat. Not us. If he fails in Toronto, we will get an infinite source of laughter for years to come. If he does well, screw it he's Babcock, of course he did well. F the Leafs. Winning = Detroit.

I like Babcock.

But. Lately a lot of my Canadian friends have been p***ing me off. Talking about how he's going to get em a stanley cup and the Red Wings will miss playoffs in the next year or two without him.

I hope Toronto continues to be a pile of rubble and Babcock and Shanny fail.

I like Babcock.

But. Lately a lot of my Canadian friends have been p***ing me off. Talking about how he's going to get em a stanley cup and the Red Wings will miss playoffs in the next year or two without him.

I hope Toronto continues to be a pile of rubble and Babcock and Shanny fail.

No doubt, I don't think Babs will turn around the Leafs. I think a a crappy team will have a great coach and they will continue to suck like always. Meanwhile the Wings make cup runs

Anyone that watched this game would have to be absolutely f***in crazy to suggest Larkin would have been better off in GRs.

If Babcock was the coach Larkin would not be playing in this game. If injuries forced him to play the kid it would be on the forth line, lucky to get 8 minutes.

Wonder where our former coach would've slotted The Kid?

FORTH LINE, 8 minutes

If Babcock was the coach Larkin would not be playing in this game. If injuries forced him to play the kid it would be on the forth line, lucky to get 8 minutes.

FORTH LINE, 8 minutes

Yes. Babcock prefers hard on the puck, good in the dot, and 1 goal losses. Andersson would be playing 22 minutes a night with Glendening and Miller still if Babs was still around.