• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT : @ Red Wings 4, Toronto Maple Leafs 0

Rate this topic

Home opener vs original 6 rival.

Babcock first time back for a season game. - he will be honored with a special clip. and most importantly......

ITS HENRIK ZETTERBERGS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a win boys for all the reasons listed above boys!

Edited by kickazz

Home opener vs original 6 rival.

Babcock first time back for a season game. - he will be honored with a special clip. and most importantly......

ITS HENRIK ZETTERBERGS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a win boys for all the reasons listed above boys!

His beard's birthday too!!

this is the time of the year: leafs fall and get burnt. it smells good, it fills good. it IS good!!

welcome back Mike, hope your frustration level gets a bit higher before midnight :)

Khan, 2 hours ago:

Wings lines the same: Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Larkin Tatar-Richards-Nyquist Franzen-Sheahan-Pulkkinen Miller-Glendening-Ferraro

Defense: Kronwall-Ericsson Quincey-Green Smith-Kindl Jurco, Andersson, Marchenko are healthy scratches.

Power play: Franzen-Zetterberg-Abdelkader (net front), Kronwall, Kindl And Tatar-Nyquist-Sheahan (net front), Green, Richards

I'm pretty much ok with the lines. I liked the potential of Jurco making it when Blashill was announced, but he didn't put up points in the preseason (again..), which makes me support the scratch. Let Teemu unleash the slapper instead. :D

PP2 looks very interesting to me, with a legit right-hand shot and an experienced vet in Richards...we'll see how that goes.

Exitement is here, I can feel it! Let's go! :D

For the drink discussion, my personal favorite right now (ever since I found it a year ago, on second thought.. :D):

272534.png

I feel like Miller is really underrated around here. He has a specific role and he does it exceptionally well. Great PKer. Jurco doesn't fill the need Miller does and vice versa.

This is Babcock coolaid. 5 goals, -3. 17th on the pk last year. What is he doing specifically that makes you want to see him over a faster, younger, bigger, more offensively and defensively gifted player? Jurco, Athamasiou, Nosek, and Larkin are all better than Miller. I love Miller's gamer quality, but the fact is we have better options now that we didnt a few seasons ago.

This is Babcock coolaid. 5 goals, -3. 17th on the pk last year. What is he doing specifically that makes you want to see him over a faster, younger, bigger, more offensively and defensively gifted player? Jurco, Athamasiou, Nosek, and Larkin are all better than Miller. I love Miller's gamer quality, but the fact is we have better options now that we didnt a few seasons ago.

I don't want to see any of those guys playing 4th line, grinder/pk roles. It's not their game. If we were talking more along the lines of Callahan taking Miller's spot I'd sort of understand, though I'd still prefer Miller himself. I don't agree with a lot of the things Babcock did (say, using people where they don't belong), I just think Miller is a great fourth liner/PKer.

edit: and Athanasiou, Nosek, and Larkin are all centers. Miller isn't taking a spot from them.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

I have been waiting way too long for this night! Wish I could be at the game but not able to get out of work in time to make the trip north. LGRW.

As for drinks tonight, I am a simple man and will settle for Yuengling Light. If I get carried away maybe cannonball Fireball whiskey on Red Wing goals, don't think I have any left though.

I have been waiting way too long for this night! Wish I could be at the game but not able to get out of work in time to make the trip north. LGRW.

As for drinks tonight, I am a simple man and will settle for Yuengling Light. If I get carried away maybe cannonball Fireball whiskey on Red Wing goals, don't think I have any left though.

I've got fireball in the freezer that's been waiting for this day!

I don't want to see any of those guys playing 4th line, grinder/pk roles. It's not their game. If we were talking more along the lines of Callahan taking Miller's spot I'd sort of understand, though I'd still prefer Miller himself. I don't agree with a lot of the things Babcock did (say, using people where they don't belong), I just think Miller is a great fourth liner/PKer.

edit: and Athanasiou, Nosek, and Larkin are all centers. Miller isn't taking a spot from them.

I can respect what you are saying. I differ on the center vs winger argument, tho. I think of the 12 forward spots as just forwards. Larkin is a center. He's playing wing tonight. Etc. I think we should play our top 12 forwards. I can't convince myself that I'd rather see Miller in Datsyuk's spot because I dont want to see Datsyuk on the 4th line. I want to see the 12 best guys we have. Put Athanasiou in a pk / 4th line role, he will kick ass. He's fast as all hell. Doesn't matter that he's a scoring line center in G.R. We'll see what happens. Blashill has him in, so maybe I'm dead wrong.