• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT : @ Red Wings 4, Toronto Maple Leafs 0

Rate this topic

Been waiting all summer for today! Went through the closet yesterday and pulled out my lucky red boxers for tonights game.

What's everyone's official drink of choice for Opening Night?

Crown Royale Regal Apple whisky sours!

And a shot of Sobieski Vodka for each goal!

What's everyone's official drink of choice for Opening Night?

Considering I have a game at 8:30, probably whatever whoever's turn it is to bring beer brings :P

So glad real hockey is back! LGW!!

Edited by amato

Stop and think back for a moment guys, think back over at least the last 10-15 years. Outside of the 01-02 season (which was marred at the beginning by the 9/11 attacks that took some of the "fun" out of the season openener,) When was the last time you have been more excited and giddy or even seen so much interest and hype for the opening night of a Red Wings season? We've had coaching changes, we've had rookies debut, we've had UFA's making their debut, but just reflect on all that is going on today, and that is exactly it, ALL OF THAT is going on right now! Today! Not only a new coach, but outside of Granato, a new coaching staff and philosophy, not only is a rookie debuting, but a 19 year old local kid who just got drafted 16 months ago, PLUS the rest of our young players like Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Pulkkinen! We're excited for a new life for Smith and Kindl, Howard has regained his pre-injury play, Mrazek is here to stay, no longer do we have an average back-up that may see some spot play once in a while.we, once again, have a legit 1a and 1aa goalie tandem. We have the UFA right handed offensive d-man that Holland has coveted for years and years. We have no less than 8 kids in GR (if not more) who can be called up and step right into the NHL if needed and contribute. We FINALLY have a team where the best players will play and not lose out to the veteran just because of seniority. There is a lot of buzz in Hockeytown this season opener, take a big inhale of it and breathe it all in, this, my friends, is the beginning of our new generation of a Red Wings super team. We witnessed Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Kozlov, etc... all grow together as a team and it seems we have a core today that if kept together, can stay together (just like our 90's team) for a long, long time. This area has not been this excited in forever...

Take it all in my friends! Let's Go Wings!

Stop and think back for a moment guys, think back over at least the last 10-15 years. Outside of the 01-02 season (which was marred at the beginning by the 9/11 attacks that took some of the "fun" out of the season openener,) When was the last time you have been more excited and giddy or even seen so much interest and hype for the opening night of a Red Wings season? We've had coaching changes, we've had rookies debut, we've had UFA's making their debut, but just reflect on all that is going on today, and that is exactly it, ALL OF THAT is going on right now! Today! Not only a new coach, but outside of Granato, a new coaching staff and philosophy, not only is a rookie debuting, but a 19 year old local kid who just got drafted 16 months ago, PLUS the rest of our young players like Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Pulkkinen! We're excited for a new life for Smith and Kindl, Howard has regained his pre-injury play, Mrazek is here to stay, no longer do we have an average back-up that may see some spot play once in a while.we, once again, have a legit 1a and 1aa goalie tandem. We have the UFA right handed offensive d-man that Holland has coveted for years and years. We have no less than 8 kids in GR (if not more) who can be called up and step right into the NHL if needed and contribute. We FINALLY have a team where the best players will play and not lose out to the veteran just because of seniority. There is a lot of buzz in Hockeytown this season opener, take a big inhale of it and breathe it all in, this, my friends, is the beginning of our new generation of a Red Wings super team. We witnessed Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Kozlov, etc... all grow together as a team and it seems we have a core today that if kept together, can stay together (just like our 90's team) for a long, long time. This area has not been this excited in forever...

Take it all in my friends! Let's Go Wings!

Well said. I listened to the Puck Podcast recently and they pointed out that of our 08 Cup winning team only Zetterberg, Kronner, Datsyuk and Franzen are still on the team. We witness a new generation taking over. And with Babcock gone and Larkin, Pulkkinen, Tatat, Mrazek and Nyquist on the roster it starts tonight. It's a great time to be a Red Wings Fan. Can't wait for for the season to start.