• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/13 GDT : Lightning 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Tough game. Zetterberg and the crew must be pretty pissed since basically losing game 7 to the small triplet lineup of Tampa .

Jurco out and Helm grabs a spot in the 4th line. Jurco in trouble but he'll get his chances this season.

Let's see if Helm's speed translates to good things in the 4th line. Should work nicely if he keeps his legs going 100%, relentlessly.

No bet on this one.

Edited by Jacksoni

Another awesome looking GDT! Hopefully it means another win for our boys. (though if they go on a winning streak due to the GDT pics, does that mean Hockeytown001 has to keep doing awesome pics for every game?). :)

I have a feeling that if the Wings can stay out of the box and avoid giveaways in our own zone that they will come out on top. Tatar and Nyquist are due.

Nice looking GDT. As long as the Wings show up with some energy and don't look like they are skating through mud, I like our chances. Lines 2-4 providing a little offense wouldn't hurt either. LGRW!! I would like to see Mrazek in net tonight. He has a good history against TB.

I realize that Jurco on the 4th line isn't ideal, but I'm very wary about using it as too much of a crutch either. Last year Stephen Weiss scored 25 points in 52 games on the fourth line. Kindl scored 13 points in 35 games with almost no ice time. Glendening had 12 goals from the fourth line.

He's got to get on the board. If he does that, he'll get an everyday spot. And if he has an everyday spot, the next time the lines need juggled, he might well end up with a little more icetime.

But he has to produce despite the limitations in playing time. It's not impossible, it's just hard. But we've seen it happen before.

I was also thinking of glendog's goals.. he may be on the fourth line but it's a fourth line with at least some goal scoring potential.

I've been pretty against him on the fourth line but, at the same time, Jurco is getting closer and closer to make it or break it time.

Play well on the fourth, points or not, and get moved up. Being a healthy scratch isn't doing him any favors

I don't agree that he's getting close to "make or break" status. Abby toiled away on the bottom lines for years before he figured out his offensive game. It takes awhile. I think that Jurco is fine where he's at. He's only 22, so he's got plenty of time to grow. My only point is that he needs to produce if he wants a spot. And while it's hard to produce on the fourth line, it's not impossible. If he's as offensively gifted as I think he is, and he thinks he is, then he's got to make it happen.

Right now there's a huge opportunity for a big winger to land a spot on the top 9. Nyquist is playing bad, and no matter what they do with him, it leaves two small guys playing together (which isn't working out). If we don't get some depth scoring, one of our skill guys is going to see the bench soon, and Jurco could be well positioned to take that spot if he's making things happen on the fourth line in the mean time.

i did say "closer" (mostly just based on how many guys will be pushing for spots in the next couple years)....

and I meant closer to make it or break it for the wings.. not the NHL. but, point taken. solid assessment of where he's at.

here's to hoping he takes the chance and runs with it.

I got you. I don't think you're hating on the guy or anything, and there are definitely very few spots available.

I really liked him in the preseason with Tatar and Richards. Clearly Blashill likes the idea of a big winger with Tatar and Richards because he just moved Franzen up there. If Franzen isn't ready for that kind of ice time and/or Jurco plays well in the fourth, he could very well find himself back up with those two. He needs to see this as a process...and for that matter so do the fans. Again, I don't love him on the bottom line, but I like it a lot more than seeing him on the bench.