• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

McDavid with a dirty hit not called.

Rate this topic

I don't understand how that was a missed call, I think of a missed call as something that happened out of the ref's sight.

He was watching the whole play, to me that was a bad no call, very similar to the Lions/Seahawks call (not a lions or seahawks fan).

Semantics I know, but that is the most dangerous place on the ice for that hit, poor officiating which is problematic in this league, well really all leagues.

Isn't there a review process for this, I am not saying that hit deserved a suspension, but someone needs to say "Hey kid, keep that up and we will probably be suspending the guy who took your head off!", and then let the rest of the world know he has been warned, then when he does it again no one is surprised when he is suspended, or we can all be up in arms when nothing happens (the more likely scenario given who he is)!

Transparency would be nice!

My question is what would have happened had the hit been reversed, and McDavid ends up face down?

EDIT: Got lost in my own thoughts, my original point was the league needs to be more transparent and tell the fans and teams if they spoke to McDavid or the officials about the hit!!!

Edited by Opie

what are you talking about? how anyone would doubt Marcf****** Joannette judgement? He was 3 feet away he saw no dirty nothin'...

Edited by ami

the worst part of the non call is that the ref was just feet away and was looking right at it. He put his whistle towards his lips and then stopped. I think that the hit was maybe, in his judgment, far enough away from the wall that he didn't slam into it hard enough, he also jumped right back up and got in the play. That being said, it was directly from behind, in the numbers and near the boards. Maybe Dallas should send the video to the league and get their ruling.

the worst part of the non call is that the ref was just feet away and was looking right at it. He put his whistle towards his lips and then stopped. I think that the hit was maybe, in his judgment, far enough away from the wall that he didn't slam into it hard enough, he also jumped right back up and got in the play. That being said, it was directly from behind, in the numbers and near the boards. Maybe Dallas should send the video to the league and get their ruling.

The ref probably thought about it but hesitated because it was the league's new golden boy, It sounds like the tin foil hat in me talking but one has to wonder what goes through their minds. It's horses*** if you ask me.

Isn't this why the coach's challenge is being implemented? (I don't fully understand it yet) If I was Lindy Ruff I would have taken a $10k fine before I remained quiet about that.

If that was Dan O'Halloran watching the play, and it was in front of the net, and McDavid played for the Wings, and McDavid was Holmstrom, it would've gotten called. Just sayin.

My bad. It wasn't Marc ******* Joannette, but it wasn't O'Halloran either.

It was another remarkable NHL referee Rob Martell (http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20152016/GS020043.HTM).

Joannette wears number 25 and I confused Martell's 26 with Joannett's.

If it was Homer, he would get suspended for at least a game, while Kronwall would get 2 or 3 as a frequent offender.

There's no conspiracy. He should have suspended for the hit, period.

Kronwall was suspended for a hit that wasn't penalized when it happened in the playoffs. There is precedent for suspension after the fact.

what are you talking about? how anyone would doubt Marcf****** Joannette judgement? He was 3 feet away he saw no dirty nothin'...

Nice use of a ref's full name and way to prove kip's point. Whiny fans are whiny.

My bad. It wasn't Marcf****** Joannette, but it wasn't O'Halloran either.

It was another remarkable NHL referee Rob Martell (http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20152016/GS020043.HTM).

Joannette wears number 25 and I confused Martell's 26 with Joannett's.

If it was Homer, he would get suspended for at least a game, while Kronwall would get 2 or 3 as a frequent offender.

And the hits keep coming.