• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Is Dylan Larkin a lock to stay in the NHL beyond 9-games?

Rate this topic

I have my own opinion on this, but I want to see what others think or if I have missed anything being said from within the organization.

What are the odds of the Red Wings sending Larkin down to GR to not burn a year off his ELC?

What happens when Datsyuk comes back? Do they keep that top line together, or drop Larkin to 2nd line C? What are the lines if Larkin is 2nd C?

My personal take:

1. He's already proved he's a permanent top-6 Red Wing.

2. Franzen going down makes this an easier call.

3. The lines get shuffled around all year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think sending him to grand rapids would save a year of his ELC..? I'm pretty sure that's only if a player goes back to junior within nine games or whatever. Could be wrong but either way, I think Larkin is here to stay.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think sending him to grand rapids would save a year of his ELC..? I'm pretty sure that's only if a player goes back to junior within nine games or whatever. Could be wrong but either way, I think Larkin is here to stay.

No, the OP is right. The slide rule is based off NHL games. I believe it's 10 games and under, rather than nine, but that's immaterial. But I doubt the Wings are worried about that or waiver exemptions. We could be in some cap trouble next summer, but as it looks now we should be in good shape after that.

I'd say he's easily a lock to pass 10 games. Probably here to stay, though a lot can happen in a few weeks. I say give him his own line now, maybe move him back with Z once Dats is back.

Well with the unfortunate circumstance with Franzen and the slim chance that he will be back with the team permanently, I think IMO its a given, even when Datsyuk gets back that Larkin will stay and they will waive either Ferraro or Andersson. Even IF Franzen makes it back to this team, I believe the will still keep Larkin and then waive the other one of the two I mentioned.

edit: In honor of 10,000! Franzen, Quincey, Howard, Helm, Hudler, Manny's Father-in-Law, Hossa, Kindl, Mrazek, Holland, Franson, Jensen, Ericsson, Fedorov, Cleary, He Who Shall Not Be Named, conspiracy, Bettman, Sammy, I was RIGHT, I was WRONG, I told you so, first I liked it, then I hated it, just retire already... ... ... ... ... ... ( I know you love the ...'s)Sheesh, that's THE JUCK ******* POTT right there! I love you all! Goodnight!

Edited by LeftWinger

Well with the unfortunate circumstance with Franzen and the slim chance that he will be back with the team permanently, I think IMO its a given, even when Datsyuk gets back that Larkin will stay and they will waive either Ferraro or Andersson. Even IF Franzen makes it back to this team, I believe the will still keep Larkin and then waive the other one of the two I mentioned.

congratz on your 10,000th post

it consisted of franzen, datsyuk ferraro and anderson. all the names you love dedicated

YA!!!! I didn't even notice the 10,000! Yippee! I am going to go back and edit it to mention all my favorite mentions!

I know the post was pretty vague, and pretty much how most people feel, but I just can't see him going down with the way he is playing... Of course, Holland can and usually does surprise us with his doings!

Edited by LeftWinger

I don't think there's any doubt Larkin is staying put ... When datsyuk returns I can see him centering nyquist and Tatar and giving us 2 great lines ... As for Richards I don't know what we'll do with him

I'd rather see Sheahan cantering the third line with helm and pulkkinen, but I can't see them putting Richards on the 4th line so either helm drops and Richard stays or pulkkinen drops , but seeing as blashill saw him lead he ahl in goals firsthand I can't see him taking him out

And unless someone else gets hurt this really sucks for jurco who I wanted to see get a fair shot here... But ya back to Larkin lol .... He's going nowhere :)

I don't think there's any doubt Larkin is staying put ... When datsyuk returns I can see him centering nyquist and Tatar and giving us 2 great lines ... As for Richards I don't know what we'll do with him

I'd rather see Sheahan cantering the third line with helm and pulkkinen, but I can't see them putting Richards on the 4th line so either helm drops and Richard stays or pulkkinen drops , but seeing as blashill saw him lead he ahl in goals firsthand I can't see him taking him out

And unless someone else gets hurt this really sucks for jurco who I wanted to see get a fair shot here... But ya back to Larkin lol .... He's going nowhere :)

Interesting. I wonder if Datsyuk could get more out of a Tatar and Nyquist wing line.

larkin stays or we RIOT! ....or just complain for 6 months right here in internetland.

dats had amazing chemistry with tatar/helm...i see us having 2 lethal lines when he returns.

move nyquist /richards/pulk to 3rd line, split the minutes between 3 lines and give opponents fits trying to keep up.

glendening/sheahan/miller....is a good 4th for shutdown

Larkin is a diamond in the rough, something the Wings haven't known since Zetterberg/Datsyuk. The chance to emulate and learn from them isn't something he's going to pick up in Grand Rapids and the chance to do so isn't going to be around forever. Richards is a short timer here, Kenny needs to put a nice package together and get us a legit defender.

Edited by WingsAlways

YA!!!! I didn't even notice the 10,000! Yippee! I am going to go back and edit it to mention all my favorite mentions!

I know the post was pretty vague, and pretty much how most people feel, but I just can't see him going down with the way he is playing... Of course, Holland can and usually does surprise us with his doings!

It's quite an accomplishment. Many people didn't think you'd make it this far. :lol: