• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/21 GDT : Red Wings at Edmonton Oilers, 9:30 EST

Rate this topic

The McCartney story goes that back in the 70's his band, Wings had their concert in Detroit and someone gave him the sticker because it was The Wings and McCartney stuck it to his guitar because of that, unfortunately not because he was a Red Wings fan. I think the story said he didn't even know what the Red Wings were. Somewhere out there is a pic of all his back-up box guitars and they all have the Wings logo on them like its some kind of trademark now. This story could be an urban legend, but either way, its still cool to see our logo on his guitar!

I wish Iggy Pop had a giant Wings logo tattooed on his chest. That would be way more kickass. McCartney is weak...and British. Iggy Pop is the musical equivalent of a prison riot. That's the kind of guy I want representing my team. Oh, and he's from Michigan.

Screw McCartney and his Pens sticker, our city's got a better class of musician.

0844_151426_iggypop.jpg

Edited by kipwinger

At least I finally get to watch one...Seems as though most games are on Fri thru Sun when I'm working, or they're on nights when I gotta take them to Cub Scouts, or soccer.

Is Iggy pro, or anti enforcer ?

I just gotta know.

The man once said of himself:

"I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm. I'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb. I am the world's forgotten boy, the one who searches and destroys."

What do you think? Iggy IS a deterrent.

Two scratches in a row for Smith. Blashill says he'll get in on this roadtrip. It would interesting if Kindl scored a couple of points tonight. See if they'd be willing to scratch someone else or if it will always be one of those two.

I have a rehearsal for a production of Grease tonight so I will miss the first period. It's my first show up in Binghamton, but the director was apparently impressed with my playing (he changed keys on three of the songs and told me when I got there and I just nailed it on the fly). The best part is the guy is involved with a LOT of theater stuff and he got me a serious in for the professional theaters in the area so it looks like I may get some pit gigs for equity productions moving forward. Here's hoping the Wings kick that much ass tonight against the Oilers (even if it would be a double digit blowout).

I have a hunch that Tatar gets on track with his scoring, Larkin steps up to make a decisive statement of his intent to compete for the Calder, and Zetterberg continues to be awesome.

Let's Go Wings!

(And, as usual, Killer GDT graphic as usual!!!!)

Edited by TheXym

Nope if you haven't seen him playing yet trust me he is worth watching no matter which team you are cheering for. Same thing can be said about Jack Eichel these 2 are something else.

Red Wings game plan per Blashill and crew:

"Watch McDavid play"

Edited by kickazz