• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ami

Joke of the week: NHL Department of Player Safety

Rate this topic

I actually agree with the ruling. The head snaps back, which makes it look bad, but that whiplash from what I see.

It is kind of a dick move to hit a player when they're pinned against another one of your players. Don't think there's any rule against that, though.

I actually agree with the ruling. The head snaps back, which makes it look bad, but that whiplash from what I see.

If one agree with one ruling here, it would be hard to agree with another.

If in Kronwall's case suspension is nahded out, Rinaldo's case should be very much similar.

If one agree with one ruling here, it would be hard to agree with another.

If in Kronwall's case suspension is nahded out, Rinaldo's case should be very much similar.

I don't think these 2 situations are very similar. Kronwall left the ice before the hit. Kronawall isn't squared to the hit and makes contact with his arm. Kronwall hits a player moving the opposite direction so the impact is greater (this is a factor). Kronwall wasn't given a penalty on the ice while Renaldo was ejected from the game and given a major penalty.

I don't think these 2 situations are very similar. Kronwall left the ice before the hit. Kronawall isn't squared to the hit and makes contact with his arm. Kronwall hits a player moving the opposite direction so the impact is greater (this is a factor). Kronwall wasn't given a penalty on the ice while Renaldo was ejected from the game and given a major penalty.

As argument could be made that this factor (when comparing the two hits) is somewhat offset by the teammate pinning the guy and resulting whiplash effect in Rinaldo's hit. Otherwise, I agree.

And, I'm just now realizing that all you were saying is that they were different. So, I agree completely.

Edited by barabbas16