• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

10/23 Tacky GDT Red Wings @ Calgary Flames 9:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Holy Changes Batman!

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago

New defense pairs: Kronwall-Green Quincey-DeKeyser Smith-Ericsson Looks like Kindl will be scratched.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago

New lines: Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist Tatar-Larkin-Pulkkinen Helm-Sheahan-Glendening Miller-Andersson-Ferraro

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 46s47 seconds ago

Looks like Smith is getting an opportunity on the power play, on the second unit with Tatar, Larkin, Pulkkinen and Sheahan (net front).

Could Brad Richards actually be scratched?

Holy Changes Batman!

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago

New defense pairs: Kronwall-Green Quincey-DeKeyser Smith-Ericsson Looks like Kindl will be scratched.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago

New lines: Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist Tatar-Larkin-Pulkkinen Helm-Sheahan-Glendening Miller-Andersson-Ferraro

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 46s47 seconds ago

Looks like Smith is getting an opportunity on the power play, on the second unit with Tatar, Larkin, Pulkkinen and Sheahan (net front).

Interesting.

1. Any line Andersson is on automatically looks useless. Even if it was Crosby, Malkin, Andersson. Still useless.

2. Smith with Ericsson could be fun to watch. That is, if you're a Calgary fan.

3. Will Bret "The Hitman" Hart be in the building?

4. I've thought about using that Hudler picture before, but didn't know if it was ban worthy.

5. 3rd line should be fun to watch. Three guys who will go after the puck. Helm and Glendenning together is a treat.

6. Much like Modano and Weiss, I didn't notice Brad Richards was on the team until your post brought it up.

Holy Changes Batman!

That's the defense I've been hoping to see. hopefully quincey and dekeyser can pick up their chemistry right where they left off.

Tatar Larkin Pulk has so much potential it's silly but if they don't deliver at least chances right out the gates, I expect a lot of line shuffling.

Also, hopefully the new lines will get nyq going.

all in all, stoked for the game. LGW!!

Holy Changes Batman!

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 46s47 seconds ago

Haha damn Blashill's mixing the s*** out of this lineup. I really love the looks of these lines though. Richards kinda needed a scratch and now he's got that helm - sheahan - glen line he's been wanting to use. Defense pairing look good to danny and quincy played good together last season. If that first pairing can keep it in the offensive zone we should be alright but we'll see. Should be an interesting game to watch that's for sure.

Holy Changes Batman!

Uh, scratch Andersson, put Glendening back and bring Jurco in. Why is Jurco not getting a shot here?

Edit: To clarify, I am extremely happy about the shake up. I mostly like the look of those lines.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero, 100%

F*** Andersson. Can we please just waive this guy already so he's no longer an option to put in the lineup?...

Why not have Glendening in his usual 4th line center spot and Jurco up with Sheahan and Helm? Or better yet, up with Tatar and Larkin and move Pulkkinen down with Sheahan and Helm...

If that second line isn't pushed to the perimeter all night long I'll be shocked. Replace literally anyone on the second line with anyone on the third line and I'll be happier. Then again, lines on paper rarely behave how I'd expect in an actual game so maybe they kick ass tonight.

Everyone on the Andersson hate train yet? Because it's leaving the station at 9 PM. The guy is fairly capable of playing a 4th line center position. Not much else but that's the role he plays. Glen is capable of more than that and I'm excited to see what he can bring when given an opportunity. And Jurco doesn't deserve the 2nd line role over Pulk. Jurco's had chances there, now Pulk can and he's already capitalized there this season.

Andersson brings absolutely nothing other than decent defensive ability. Emmerton >>> Andersson.

Glendening may eventually be capable of more, but for now, he is best suited for 4th line center. He's a great shutdown 4th line PK guy, Andersson is not.

Jurco would be a much better option on that second line. I agree with most that Tatar and Pulkkinen should not be on the same line together. Tatar and Jurco have a ton of chemistry together and they looked great together in preseason.

I thought Kindl made some impressive offensive plays against Edmonton, one of our best dmen that game, weak defensively as per usual tho

Agreed. But signing 5 defensemen to 4-5 mil each pretty much means you gotta play those 5. Ericsson is not gonna sit, unfortunately. He could use a week off to get his shyte together.