• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

Jeff Blashill = Dave Lewis 2.0 / Coaching Change

Rate this topic

Who would you have taken his job?

The Koala. There were some really good seasoned coaches available, The Koala being one of them!

I'm not giving up on Blashill nor am I saying to fire him (yet). But I am saying that he had better be finding his way very fast. This is too good of a team to be barely floating around .500 hockey. Babcocks s***ty Leafs are now approaching .500 and this team is far and away better then Taranna

Yeah they won 5-1 yesterday lol honestly that squad isn't terrible, I don't think there's a really bad team this year which is strange, I doubt all these teams can keep it up tho, Also Tampa better get it together... Idk how they aren't ahead of us and Ottowa and I don't even think Stamkos is ppg.

The Koala. There were some really good seasoned coaches available, The Koala being one of them!

I'm not giving up on Blashill nor am I saying to fire him (yet). But I am saying that he had better be finding his way very fast. This is too good of a team to be barely floating around .500 hockey. Babcocks s***ty Leafs are now approaching .500 and this team is far and away better then Taranna

Koala chose Edmonton and I wanted him too but sadly he wanted Edmonton.

How is this team too good to be floating around .500? They've added a PP QB in Green and a good third liner in Richards other than that so far the best player on this team has been a rookie named Dylan Larkin. Kronner has taken a step back, and Pasha will need some time to find find his hockey-gear again. It's been said a few times now but it is true the best coach in hockey had troubles, getting them into the playoffs so if a team isn't significantly improved - which this team isn't! - how is a rookie coach supposed to have them play better? Even as someone who wanted the koala he would have struggled too because even if coaches are having the same philosophy their will always be differences in terms of system - so a learning curve has to be expected.

The problem is, some people went into this season with way too high expectations and now that they are facing the reality they are starting to freak out. I mean, the Oilers are last again so fire McLellan, the Bolts aren't in the playoffs by now fire Cooper?

This thread also shows how blessed the Wings fans have been with Babs and his system maybe now even the Anti-Babcock crowd will appreciate his accomplishments (especially the last few years), even more. Do I think Blashill will be as great as Babock? No but I think he will be a good and maybe even great coach one day..not even can be a Scotty Bowman or Mike Babcock.

Hat irks me is how the players and coaches both say they need a little bit mor. They're kidding, right? They need a lot more killer instinct and a lot more of everything else that would lead to goals scored and better defence. Enough of a little bit more.

Hat irks me is how the players and coaches both say they need a little bit mor. They're kidding, right? They need a lot more killer instinct and a lot more of everything else that would lead to goals scored and better defence. Enough of a little bit more.

Hats irk me, too. Be strong, brother.

Funny. It's as if someone thought you could just remove one coach (or almost the entire coaching staff,) plug in a new one and everything would just continue on as it had or immediately improve without having to work out some kinks.

I'd say we've got the makings of a pretty solid team with a coaching staff that's implementing it's "process" really well.

Some adjustments are clicking in and the rest will follow. For me, I think we're just beginning to see the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station.

Some fans are ridiculous lol, this thread was started because of a basically .500 start after 9 games. That would be awesome if he wins the Jack Adams!

Some fans are ridiculous lol, this thread was started because of a basically .500 start after 9 games. That would be awesome if he wins the Jack Adams!

He could if they keep playing like they are and end up top 3 seed. We're climbing the standings for sure. But realistically I can see us dipping down again before picking it back up. The usual.

Personally these last 5 or 6 games I must say his coaching is at another level.

Who would have thought that Nyquist and Tatar would do as well as they are on a line together. Babs couldn't get them going together. Blash forced it and has been getting results. And as much as Smith annoys me, he's been playing pretty well under Blash - same goes for Kindl.

I think if he won it - that would be sort of funny seeing as though Babs didn't with the Wings..

The way this team is playing, I'd be shocked if we don't finish top 2 in the Atlantic. Overtaking Montreal will be tough for sure, but as of right now they're only 7 points up, and we have the game in hand. I see Ottawa and Boston falling off way before Detroit, and Tampa could turn it around but they'll be in tough trying to catch us, the same way we are with Montreal. They're 5 points back, and we also have the game in hand on them as well. We survived a pretty grueling early schedule, with back to back games virtually every weekend, and it should only get easier from here on out (in regards to the schedule, not necessarily the competition...). We have our Western Canada road trip out of the way, but we still have our California trip coming up in January.

There's no doubt that Blashill is a great coach but regardless of who was going to be behind the bench this team has been a team on the rise for a while, and I don't see us slowing down going forward. It may look genius to have Nyquist and Tatar clicking, but they're two really good young players, and they're just entering their prime now. I don't really think it should be that much of a surprise that they're playing well together. I do still think they'd benefit from playing on separate lines but as long as it's working, I guess it's not much point in mixing things up. If we do end up finishing top 2 in the Atlantic, you'd have to think Blash would be in the conversation of Jack Adams candidates. He definitely has a shot at being the first Red Wing coach to win it since some guy named Scotty Bowman exactly 20 years ago...

The way this team is playing, I'd be shocked if we don't finish top 2 in the Atlantic. Overtaking Montreal will be tough for sure, but as of right now they're only 7 points up, and we have the game in hand. I see Ottawa and Boston falling off way before Detroit, and Tampa could turn it around but they'll be in tough trying to catch us, the same way we are with Montreal. They're 5 points back, and we also have the game in hand on them as well. We survived a pretty grueling early schedule, with back to back games virtually every weekend, and it should only get easier from here on out (in regards to the schedule, not necessarily the competition...). We have our Western Canada road trip out of the way, but we still have our California trip coming up in January.

There's no doubt that Blashill is a great coach but regardless of who was going to be behind the bench this team has been a team on the rise for a while, and I don't see us slowing down going forward. It may look genius to have Nyquist and Tatar clicking, but they're two really good young players, and they're just entering their prime now. I don't really think it should be that much of a surprise that they're playing well together. I do still think they'd benefit from playing on separate lines but as long as it's working, I guess it's not much point in mixing things up. If we do end up finishing top 2 in the Atlantic, you'd have to think Blash would be in the conversation of Jack Adams candidates. He definitely has a shot at being the first Red Wing coach to win it since some guy named Scotty Bowman exactly 20 years ago...

I believe the people who thought he should have been fired after what 8 games expected way too much too soon. If a coaching change happens it will take time for him and the team to click, good coaches are able to adjust their systems others are stubborn and try to get a round circle through rectangular shelf. Blashill is a good coach - there is a reason why so many teams were interested in his servicces - will he be a great coach one day? Who knows but I like him and still can't figure out if its him or Babcock talking without watching a video, that's just funny.

But I will say this, people seem to have way too high expectations again like top 2 in the Atlantic I mean is it really that important? It would be nice for a change if this team doesn't have to crawl through the last games in order to make the playoffs (if they even make it). There is still a lot of hockey left, injuries could happen or someone falling of his peak performance so let's keep it realistic and be happy that Tatar, Goose are clicking.

Edited by frankgrimes

Florida also ahead of Tampa, with an extra game to play. If they get in a battle with each other or Tampa look at it being "5 teams ahead of us" rather than looking at points, a distraction like that could make 2nd very achievable for us. Bear in mind Montreal have lost 2 straight as well, so catching them isn't impossible - they also have the WC to prepare for, which is always a tad of a distraction.

Florida also ahead of Tampa, with an extra game to play. If they get in a battle with each other or Tampa look at it being "5 teams ahead of us" rather than looking at points, a distraction like that could make 2nd very achievable for us. Bear in mind Montreal have lost 2 straight as well, so catching them isn't impossible - they also have the WC to prepare for, which is always a tad of a distraction.

Without price Montreal is as vulnerable as they're gonna get.

I think it was understandable that we were upset with the .500 start but when you think about it, the Red wings under Babcock had plenty of stretches where they went .500. This one just happened to be at the start of the season. It's great that we were able to finally adjust to the slight change in system and hopefully this streak continues tonight. :nhl_crach:

I think it was understandable that we were upset with the .500 start but when you think about it, the Red wings under Babcock had plenty of stretches where they went .500. This one just happened to be at the start of the season. It's great that we were able to finally adjust to the slight change in system and hopefully this streak continues tonight. :nhl_crach:

That would be tough since we don't play till tomorrow night :)