• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

Jeff Blashill = Dave Lewis 2.0 / Coaching Change

Rate this topic

Each one of these losses to s***e teams could end up being nails in the coffin down the road. What ever Blashill's plan is up until now it is not working... maybe it did in the AHL but so far it's a belly flop in the big league. Didn't the team finally respond in Vancouver after Zetterberg let them have it? .... after ZETTERBERG let them have it!! He is the Captain and he must lead but the guy has never been known for verbally blasting the team. That was Babcock doing that. This team does not seem prepared enough and it shows at game time. I think Blashill can be a fine coach but his learning curve better be a very steep one. And yes, I do believe this is a better team... many young player have gotten some very valuable experience (regular season and playoffs), we FINALLY got that big RH defenseman we have been needing and it has been a non-factor, we now have 2 capable starting goalie's, Zetterberg is looking better then he has in years, Franzen is better on the shelf then on the ice. I'm seeing a very ill prepared team then what we are use too.... Where is our #2 PP from last season? Never going to have that again until they consistantly get shots on net. Not looking to run Blashill or any player out of town but we need to start seeing steady and consistent improvement each and every game not only when our mild mannered Captain gets pissed off.

This is a better team on paper than the past few seasons.

That's a fact.

Similar injuries in other seasons.

Babcock got more out of his players.

This is unacceptable.

We are wasting talent right now.

Make a move.

A big move.

Give Tony the reigns.

Make a splash.

Make people wake up.

While we're at it, waive Pavel. The guy hasn't even scored a goal yet. So much for a playmaker.

Do you think they are playing well?

Do you think Blashill is saying anything to give you confidence he can turn this team into something?

No, I don't think they're playing well. But firing a coach 10 games into his NHL career seems rash. Back to the point I was making, he hasn't had one of the best players on the team and several key players have already missed time due to injury.

It wouldn't be fair to fire a guy before he's given a chance to prove himself with the full roster.

This is a better team on paper than the past few seasons.

That's a fact.

Similar injuries in other seasons.

Babcock got more out of his players.

This is unacceptable.

We are wasting talent right now.

Make a move.

A big move.

Give Tony the reigns.

Make a splash.

Make people wake up.

How exactly is this a fact? Stars are a year older , Richards is a very capable 3 line center and Green has an injury history and needs Danny D. to cover up his mistakes

Some people went into the season with crazy unrealistic expectations give Blashill time he will adapt but also give him a better roster to work with. Sure Babcock is he better coach but that guy is the best coach in hockey and at this point a veteran Blas is a rookie. Unbelievable not even a friction of the season has been played and people are calling for his head.

Babs already got the best out of this team which means playoff bubble and first round exits. May be harsh but that's the cold hard reality although guys like Larkin and Mantha are promising

Edited by frankgrimes

Holland and co won't accept missing the playoffs simple as that. This is a playoff team. If we continue to nose dive and keep losing in the same kind of fashion something will change here. The record doesn't bother me as much as the way we are losing. We look like the worst team in the league

How exactly is this a fact? Stars are a year older , Richards is a very capable 3 line center and Green has an injury history and needs Danny D. to cover up his mistakes

Some people went into the season with crazy unrealistic expectations give Blashill time he will adapt but also give him a better roster to work with. Sure Babcock is he better coach but that guy is the best coach in hockey and at this point a veteran Blas is a rookie. Unbelievable not even a friction of the season has been played and people are calling for his head.

Babs already got the best out of this team which means playoff bubble and first round exits. May be harsh but that's the cold hard reality although guys like Larkin and Mantha are promising

What?!

Last year the excuse was our stars are young.

Now, they are too old?

You can't have it both ways.

People age when they don't die.

So why'd we sign an injury-riddled Green? Don't get me started on Holland.

If Babs had Larkin, don't even get me started. He'd definitely not split him and Z up.

For context's sake. Jon Cooper was 5-8-3 in his first 16 NHL games. It takes a second for new coaches to find their groove with the team. Can we maybe give it af****** minute?

This. It's unreal, yet so typical, that people are ready to fire Blashill 10 games in. The team is adapting to a new style, growing pains are a real thing people. Blashill is a proven winner, how about you give him a second?

Edit: and wasn't our start last year fairly similar to this? Babcock is not the end all be all.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

If we were losing but still playing a somewhat respectable style of game, I would agree, too early. But the way they are playing against these terrible teams is embarrassing. We managed 4 shots in the third, down a goal and against one of the worst teams in the league. Babs would have lost his mind. I would appreciate a scathing interview from somebody at least

For context's sake. Jon Cooper was 5-8-3 in his first 16 NHL games. It takes a second for new coaches to find their groove with the team. Can we maybe give it af****** minute?

They should be 2-7.

Their record is better than they've played.

Let's also keep that in mind.

Other than that, good point. Good pull of fact. I like that in a rebuttal. Thanks.

This. It's unreal, yet so typical, that people are ready to fire Blashill 10 games in. The team is adapting to a new style, growing pains are a real thing people. Blashill is a proven winner, how about you give him a second?

What's his new style? What is the team's identity? Do you know it? I don't...

Just because they are a year older on paper doesn't mean much Frank. At least our case. It's not a strong argument here.

Zetterberg is playing like he's 2 or 3 years younger.

A star "becoming a year older" doesn't mean much if they're still performing well if not better than their expected age. We see this happen more often than expected. I'll be honest I didn't expect Z to have a great start this year like he has thus far.

But I agree with your other points.

Edited by kickazz

Edit: and wasn't our start last year fairly similar to this? Babcock is not the end all be all.

The Wings started 6-2-2 last year...

I would say Cooper has a bit of a better squad to go with. With that said though looks like The Beard has spoken.

http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=858330&catid=885

1:53 mark. Zetterberg basically said nothing new in the coaching system to get used to and says the players are making too many mental errors and not executing.

Putting it on the squad basically.

Edited by kickazz

They had Summer camp and a pre-season to honeymoon and get to know one another.... wait, most of the team already played for him so they should already know each other very well. I'm not calling for Blashill to get out of town but he had better change whatever he is doing because it is not working. They don't look prepared, they don't look fast, they barely even get shots on net! This is a better team for reason I have said in other threads and these early losses to crap team will come back to bite us if things don't change big time as of yesterday.