• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/24 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Canucks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Great to see the boys pull it out in OT. I was just way too tired when I got back (went out for a couple drinks after the show last night and had to get up to play a church service this AM). Looking forward to seeing the DVR of the game.

From reading the thread, seems like Mrazek wore the backpack to carry the team and keep it close, Z tried all game, and the switch was flipped for the third and OT. Mrazek with the assist on the winner was too fitting.

How did the D look with the injuries? I assume Ericsson was poor again, but how did Q, Smith, Kindl, and Marchenko look? Thanks in advance for any details.

Side note: Jimmyemeryhunter, when you get that nacho craving, here's a recipe to try: take nacho cheese Doritos, pit some Frito Lay jalapeño cheddar dip on each one, cover with shredded pepper jack cheese. Do as many layers as you wish, then nuke for 90 seconds. It's so bad for you and may sound nasty, but it is so good. (I was way skeptical until I tried it)

Awesome second half of the game :) and thank God for the CBC Sports app that allowed me to watch the game!!!

One thing though, anyone else ticked that there was no right-handed shot on that 4-3 in OT???

I mean they won and everything, so I'm not complaining but why not use the advantage?

I know you meant watch tapes of Chris Farley, not bring him in, for obvious reasons... :lol:

The 3 guys that scored last night are exactly the guys we need to get rolling. Z will be Z, Pav will be Pav, Larkin, for all he has already, is only 19 years old. Tats, Pulk and Gus need to be our gunners, our go to guys, and last night they did it. So happy for them! I feel bad for Jurco, it seems that when he is in, he does't do too much to keep himself in...sadly, he may be one of those guys that may be moved in some manner.

How did Marchy look last night?

March looked good for traveling across the country, arriving around noon, playing on probably not much sleep. He didn't make mistakes but at the same time wasn't expected to be a game changer. All in all he did his job well.

This team has lacked motivation for years. That is the biggest issue I have.

Edited by KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Marchenko was good. Played the defensive game. Thought he was a good replacement for Quincey.

Cant imagine playing 3 games in 4 nights or whatever and being called in to play with 4 hours of sleep

Edited by kickazz

How did Marchy look last night?

Good positioning, played it safe, didn't look out of place. Looked stable on the board battles. Not creative, probably intentionally. Overall a good 9 to 5 performance.

Great to see the boys pull it out in OT. I was just way too tired when I got back (went out for a couple drinks after the show last night and had to get up to play a church service this AM). Looking forward to seeing the DVR of the game.

From reading the thread, seems like Mrazek wore the backpack to carry the team and keep it close, Z tried all game, and the switch was flipped for the third and OT. Mrazek with the assist on the winner was too fitting.

How did the D look with the injuries? I assume Ericsson was poor again, but how did Q, Smith, Kindl, and Marchenko look? Thanks in advance for any details.

Side note: Jimmyemeryhunter, when you get that nacho craving, here's a recipe to try: take nacho cheese Doritos, pit some Frito Lay jalapeño cheddar dip on each one, cover with shredded pepper jack cheese. Do as many layers as you wish, then nuke for 90 seconds. It's so bad for you and may sound nasty, but it is so good. (I was way skeptical until I tried it)

Ericsson wasn't great, but honestly hr had some bad luck last night. Broke his stick going to pass out of the zone and took a tripping call trying to get the puck forward. Marchenko had some really solid plays, and one really noticeable one where he had time but just threw the puck up the boards without looking right to a Vancouver player.

Smith had a better game than kindl, but they both had their moments.

I know smith scored, and blash wants to try to get them scoring but I think oulette would be an upgrade over either of them.

And that sounds like a lot of work for nachos, ha. I'm gonna try it, Cuz it sounds like one of those things that would be good, but I just went to the gas station and got those nastily delicious bastards with the machine cheese.

Ha.

Q was out with a concussion.

E looked okay. There was the stick breaking incident that Jimmy mentioned. FSD said I a couple times that they were impressed with Ericsson, so maybe I just wasn't watching him closely enough.

Smith got caught on the PP in the first and gave up a shorthanded breakaway. Luckily, they didn't score. He also made the play that lead to pulkkinen's goal.

The Defensive play of the night, though, was Dekeyser saving the game by stopping a puck on the goal line.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Ericsson wasn't great, but honestly hr had some bad luck last night. Broke his stick going to pass out of the zone and took a tripping call trying to get the puck forward. Marchenko had some really solid plays, and one really noticeable one where he had time but just threw the puck up the boards without looking right to a Vancouver player.

Smith had a better game than kindl, but they both had their moments.

I know smith scored, and blash wants to try to get them scoring but I think oulette would be an upgrade over either of them.

And that sounds like a lot of work for nachos, ha. I'm gonna try it, Cuz it sounds like one of those things that would be good, but I just went to the gas station and got those nastily delicious bastards with the machine cheese.

Ha.

I think Smith-Kronwall would solve a lot of issues.

Green Kronwall

Dekeyser Quincey

Ericsson Smith/Kindl

Q and D was our best pairing last year, they know exactly where the other will be.

Green is a good tandem to Kronwall who can be both defensive and offensive. Green will mess up but not like Ericsson does and Kronner is used to bailing out his partner (E) a lot anyway.

Ericsson on third will do him good imo. Smith/Kindl rotate.

This ofcourse is all once Q and Green come back..

Green Kronwall

Dekeyser Quincey

Ericsson Smith/Kindl

Q and D was our best pairing last year, they know exactly where the other will be.

Green is a good tandem to Kronwall who can be both defensive and offensive. Green will mess up but not like Ericsson does and Kronner is used to bailing out his partner (E) a lot anyway.

Ericsson on third will do him good imo. Smith/Kindl rotate.

This ofcourse is all once Q and Green come back..

Green Kronwall seem to be a good one for the part of the game they were together and DD and Q are also proven to be good together from last year. But....the problem I have with that is that it makes an offensive pair and a defensive pair. I'd still go with that, but if it doesn't look ideal I think it be a good idea to try K+Q and DD-Green. I know I'll get some backlash for having Q on the top pair, but he's honestly been one of our best defenders this year and it would make for more balenced pairs.

^Normally I'd agree with. But I feel like having a pair of defensive minded defenseman could help alleviate all these these oddman rushes. There's been too many of them. I just want us to play it safer and make some good controlled zone passes.

Is there video of this game changing hit?

I wish, I tried to find it because I missed it during game.

Blashill, Tatar and crew have been on a Zetterberg "high" talking about him carrying the team.

Didn't realize he played close to 25 minutes last night. Holy s****..

Edited by kickazz

So, does Blashill start Mrazek on Tuesday?

I'd go with Jimmy. Both Jimmy and Mrazek are doing well.

I feel like benching Jimmy would screw up his confidence. Not sure if thats a smart move if they're tryig to maintain a tandem.

Mrazek doesn't seem to care much if he doesn't start, kid will play with confidence regardless.

Jimmy takes things to the heart a bit too much.

Coaching is sometimes like parenting. Hah.