• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Mike Green out 2-3 weeks

Rate this topic

Yeah. As much as I'm not high on Kronwall - Ericsson, it's a pairing that has and does work. Is it Lidstrom - Rafalski? No. ...but it'll work.

Pairing Smith with DeKeyser and Kindl with Marchenko is reasonable. Offensive minded guy with a steady "stay at home" guy. If Kindl is playing "better" than Smith, swap 'em up.

DK - K

M - S

I would like to see the following pairs.

Kronwall-Smith

Dekeyser-Kindl

Ericsson-Marchenko

Smith has done well paired with Kronwall before. I imagine that Dekeyser would allow Kindl to be more offensive and then a shutdown pair in Ericsson/Marchenko.

I would like to see the following pairs.

Kronwall-Smith

Dekeyser-Kindl

Ericsson-Marchenko

Smith has done well paired with Kronwall before. I imagine that Dekeyser would allow Kindl to be more offensive and then a shutdown pair in Ericsson/Marchenko.

When Danny D first came into the league him and kindl were a good pairing, that's when Kindl was at his best

So Detroit has the highest quality of players injured this season and third most man games lost.

I suppose we can say: At least we're not Pittsburgh as they've had a ridiculous amount of injuries and very high quality players who have also been injured in the past 5 years. Detroit looks to be in the top 10 but could be worse I guess.

So Detroit has the highest quality of players injured this season and third most man games lost.

I suppose we can say: At least we're not Pittsburgh as they've had a ridiculous amount of injuries and very high quality players who have also been injured in the past 5 years. Detroit looks to be in the top 10 but could be worse I guess.

The NHL is for 6'3" 225 lb guys who like contact. We haactan abundance of 180 lb sissy boys. The injuries dont surprise me at all. We always choose to be the "get hit" in the hit or get hit equation.

The NHL is for 6'3" 225 lb guys who like contact. We haactan abundance of 180 lb sissy boys. The injuries dont surprise me at all. We always choose to be the "get hit" in the hit or get hit equation.

Actually, the NHL is for guys who can skate. Erik Karlsson, Tyler Johnson, Johnny Gadreau, etc are not big guys, but man can they skate. We didn't get beat by Wayne Simmonds last year in the playoffs. We didn't get beat by Raffi Torres and Dustin Byfuglien. We got beat by 5'8" 180lb fast as lightning Tyler Johnson. So you're just wrong, sorry. Ask the Bruins how being big and bad worked out for them. Maybe we get hurt more than some teams, but that doesn't mean we should go trade all our small guys for big guys simply because they're big.

Actually, the NHL is for guys who can skate. Erik Karlsson, Tyler Johnson, Johnny Gadreau, etc are not big guys, but man can they skate. We didn't get beat by Wayne Simmonds last year in the playoffs. We didn't get beat by Raffi Torres and Dustin Byfuglien. We got beat by 5'8" 180lb fast as lightning Tyler Johnson. So you're just wrong, sorry. Ask the Bruins how being big and bad worked out for them. Maybe we get hurt more than some teams, but that doesn't mean we should go trade all our small guys for big guys simply because they're big.

We got beat after a 6'5" 235 lb defenseman slashed Glendening and knocked him out for 10 minutes of game 6. And in those 10 minutes, Tampa turned the tide and the series. We won when Abdelkader concussed a ducks player and turned the tide in that 2013 first round series.

Close to half of the teams in this league are shorter in height and smaller in weight on average then the Wings.

We're actually right around the middle and the disparity is not as much as you think.

But hey who like stats anyways...

Who are you keeping your head up for outside of Kronwall, Abdelkader, and Datsyuk?

We got beat after a 6'5" 235 lb defenseman slashed Glendening and knocked him out for 10 minutes of game 6. And in those 10 minutes, Tampa turned the tide and the series. We won when Abdelkader concussed a ducks player and turned the tide in that 2013 first round series.

Who are you keeping your head up for outside of Kronwall, Abdelkader, and Datsyuk?

Lets just go get us some Torres, Cooke, Carcillo and Downie then if it's injuring other guys that wins playoff series.

So silly not realizing that's what brings home championships.

Lets just go get us some Torres, Cooke, Carcillo and Downie then if it's injuring other guys that wins playoff series.

So silly not realizing that's what brings home championships.

We havent won without the Drakes, Kocurs, McCartys yet. Might want to consider having one guy who can really bang.

We havent won without the Drakes, Kocurs, McCartys yet. Might want to consider having one guy who can really bang.

Difference is, guys like McCarty and Drake could make more then a physical difference. I wish we could get a guy like clutterbuck, or such. A guy that is hell on the forechecking but if he gets the chance to shoot he can bury it. Size doesn't matter, the style does. A lot of the best grinders, aren't 6-5 230.

I hate them but guys like Marchand, Shaw, they make a difference and if they were on our team we would love them. It's what we need guys like Callahan to become.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

I like Callahan but if we're looking for Marchand and Shaw type players, look no further than Tyler Bertuzzi. This kid is cut from the exact same mold as these guys. Can't wait for him to make that sort of impact with the Wings in a couple years.

Except hes 6'1 and gonna be around 220 in his best years.

Mmmmmmmmmmm

And on that note.

Sometimes I wonder if the change or adjustment to drafting strategies has gotten us away from our bread and butter.

We've been drafting bigger guys, especially with our late round flyers where in the past we would have went for the undersized super skilled guy.

Like instead of mike McKee, we could have Tyler Johnson.

(I'm not sure if the draft years match up, just making a point.)

Mmmmmmmmmmm

And on that note.

Sometimes I wonder if the change or adjustment to drafting strategies has gotten us away from our bread and butter.

We've been drafting bigger guys, especially with our late round flyers where in the past we would have went for the undersized super skilled guy.

What are the chances McKee ever makes it to our big club? I haven't seen him in years. If he could take a forth line role, i would be so stoked, that guys a bad mother. I wish we had more big bodies.

What are the chances McKee ever makes it to our big club? I haven't seen him in years. If he could take a forth line role, i would be so stoked, that guys a bad mother. I wish we had more big bodies.

Mmmmmmmmmmm

And on that note.

Not taking away from your point, but I dont even think Johnson was drafted. I think Stevie signed him as a UFA similar to the way we signed DD.