• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bill Berzeench

10/27/15 - Carolina Hurricanes vs. Detroit Red Wings - TACKY Mad Libs

Rate this topic

I have to say that this team is not coached very well. Fort the game that both Babcock and Blashill want to play, the wings don't have the right kind of players. They cannot win a puck battle because our players are not aggressive enough, tough enough or big enough.

I'm not ready to pass judgment on the coaching staff as a whole just yet. I am ready to see a new strategy on the power play, though. I don't know if it needs to be taken away from Ferschweiler or whoever is running it, but it needs to do something other than create momentum for the opposition.

This one was 100% on the forwards. Zero second chances, outside game all night. If Nyquist and Tatar don't stop constantly curling back towards the blue line in the offensive zone instead of north-southing it to the net, I may explode.

That being said, in a close game like that, the winning team can't have two unassisted goals.

This one was 100% on the forwards. Zero second chances, outside game all night. If Nyquist and Tatar don't stop constantly curling back towards the blue line in the offensive zone instead of north-southing it to the net, I may explode.

That being said, in a close game like that, the winning team can't have two unassisted goals.

Well, it's difficult to agree with that when the goaltender literally and single-handedly gifted a goal to the other team.

That's why I said….

Of course. Still, it seems rather inaccurate to say that the loss was 100% on the forwards, considering Mrazek's blunder. Perhaps, (100% on the forwards) that would be true if he had just let the D play the puck.... but then, would it even have still been a loss in that case?

Edited by barabbas16

Sheahan has done nothing this season. Not only is he not scoring but his lines all suck too. He needs to show us what he can do.

But man the stats don't lie. Blash isn't getting what babs got out of these guys and its showing on the ice.

The refs were awful tonight too.

Sheahan has done nothing this season. Not only is he not scoring but his lines all suck too. He needs to show us what he can do.

But man the stats don't lie. Blash isn't getting what babs got out of these guys and its showing on the ice.

The refs were awful tonight too.

What exactly was Babcock getting out of these guys the last 3 years anyway? Also, Babcock had a great team to start with in 2006 and time to figure things out after that. Blashill's had 9 games.

this was the first game in many years I did finish... it was too painful. this team gradually became banal and boring. i guess, 'new era' hasn't started yet?

What exactly was Babcock getting out of these guys the last 3 years anyway? Also, Babcock had a great team to start with in 2006 and time to figure things out after that. Blashill's had 9 games.

I thought Babs did good when both Hank and Pav went down in 2014. I thought he made good use of the tools we had at our disposal and putting together that kid line really worked out.

I give Babs credit where deserves. He was a great coach. Pissed off the players sure, but he did what he could.

Basically what I mean is he turned a subpar roster into a playoff contender. I'm not sure what any other coach would have been able to do. I don't think think any of the other top coaches could have done any better in his place. That was probably the first time I felt like he got snubbed for the Adams trophy. Just my opinion tho.

Edited by kickazz

I thought Babs did good when both Hank and Pav went down in 2014. I thought he made good use of the tools we had at our disposal and putting together that kid line really worked out.

I give Babs credit where deserves. He was a great coach. Pissed off the players sure, but he did what he could.

Basically what I mean is he turned a subpar roster into a playoff contender. I'm not sure what any other coach would have been able to do. I don't think think any of the other top coaches could have done any better in his place. That was probably the first time I felt like he got snubbed for the Adams trophy. Just my opinion tho.

I know I know. It's still mediocrity. Right now, Blashill's not as good at getting this team to play middle-of-the-road hockey as Babcock was. What's the diff? Babcock's teams weren't ever that close to contending after 2009, and neither is Blashill's right now. But he has 73 games to do something about it. Babcock can't do anything about the fact that he's 0-5 with the Wings in the last 5 playoff games where they could have clinched a series. Regardless of how poorly Blashill might do, it's not like Uncle Mike left us at the alter.

I just dont understand why this team accepts it without any fight. How do 20 players just put their heads down and put their tails between their legs and accept it? Get in a God Damn Fight or something. Do something that shows the fans you dont like losing. Tonight was just pathetic. Complete waste of time. If they cant show up with more grit and enthusiasm than that, just forfeit the fricking game and save us all the agony og watching that crap.

we haven't been good since Franzen went out! Wait, what? Maybe its just a coincidence...or is it?

Sheahan isn't being seen out there because of his linemates...no offense to Helm or Glen, but literally, there is no offense there. Put Tats and Jurcs back with him. (I was for sure that Gus played on that line, but ya that was the year Gus spent most the year in GR in favor of Cleary, Sammy and Bert.)

The thing is.

They were even worse without our guys being injured (besides Datsyuk).

Even when Franzen was in the line up and the only other guy injured was Datsyuk. For example our first game against Carolina (which we luckily won), was horrible.

We had a good game against Tampa tho. Regardless just pointing out that with or without injuries we have sucked in the overwhelming majority of the games.

Got this from twitter today:

"The Red Wings have lost to the Hurricanes twice, Flames and Oilers--those three teams combine for a 4-20-0 record vs everyone else"

Edited by kickazz