• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings7

Byfuglien - What would he cost?

Rate this topic

No, we couldn't get him for that. You'd probably have to give a good roster player and a mid level prospect and a high 2nd, or a mid level roster player and a high level prospect and a 1st. Byfuglien is a very good player, you don't get guys like that for a fourth line winger and a young guy who hasn't (so far) panned out.

No, we couldn't get him for that. You'd probably have to give a good roster player and a mid level prospect and a high 2nd, or a mid level roster player and a high level prospect and a 1st. Byfuglien is a very good player, you don't get guys like that for a fourth line winger and a young guy who hasn't (so far) panned out.

You're probably right. What would you give up, if anything for him? Do you think putting him back at forward to jumpstart some lines is a decent thought?

Winnepeg just doesn't seem like a good trading partner. You're asking for one of their best players when they look like a good team that could do some damage in the playoffs. Probably my second favorite team btw

Look at the desperate teams, teams that desperately need scoring

Edited by joesuffP

Winnepeg just doesn't seem like a good trading partner. You're asking for one of their best players when they look like a good team that could do some damage in the playoffs. Probably my second favorite team btw

They are a fun team, I agree. I like their makeup. But I'd love to have Byfuglien. Ha. I wouldn't give up Nyquist and Tatar, but maybe one of them. For a different type of player. Byfuglien is a great forward. In my opinion of course.

They are a fun team, I agree. I like their makeup. But I'd love to have Byfuglien. Ha. I wouldn't give up Nyquist and Tatar, but maybe one of them. For a different type of player. Byfuglien is a great forward. In my opinion of course.

Yeah I think Buff is exactly what this team needs

DeKe-Buff

Kronwall-Green

Smith-Ericsson

I still think Smith-Ericsson would be a great pair for us. Sucks all these injuries destroyed our defense right when I thought they were looking really good against Calgary

Edited by joesuffP

Yeah I think Buff is exactly what this team needs

DeKe-Buff

Kronwall-Green

Smith-Ericsson

I still think Smith-Ericsson would be a great pair for us. Sucks all these injuries destroyed our defense right when I thought they were looking really good against Calgary

Hmm. You'd keep him on defense, eh?

I'd put him back there until we are healthy and then throw him in the Top-6. Let him defend Larkin and Z. Or whoever he'd play with.

I'd keep him on defense too. He's got more value there. Guys who can score 50 points from the back end are incredibly rare. If you want a power forward and you're looking to trade with Winnipeg, get Ladd. He's awesome as hell and fits the bill.

Isn't Ladd a center? I really like Blake Wheeler as well- reminds me a lot of Rick Nash.

At this point I think Mrazek is the guy that would have to be involved in a blockbuster trade. The guy is creating a lot of buzz as a future super star and every team would want him. I think he has the most trade value just ahead of Larkin

Isn't Ladd a center? I really like Blake Wheeler as well- reminds me a lot of Rick Nash.

At this point I think Mrazek is the guy that would have to be involved in a blockbuster trade. The guy is creating a lot of buzz as a future super star and every team would want him. I think he has the most trade value just ahead of Larkin

Ladd's a winger. Wheeler is awesome, but he's not going anywhere. Both Buff and Ladd are in contract years and Winnipeg is having a hard time getting either of them re-signed.

Buff on D? Great, another Dman that doesn't know how to play defense. Not what we need. Right now we need to take it easy and be paitent. Let's get healthy and let the lines form for about 25 games, then see what we need and who we can trade with.

Lol we probably would. This was discussed in a thread extensively this summer, I was a proponent for getting Dustin. Had gotten him for cheaper than now, because WPG are not letting him go unless paid handsomely now.

I'd say something like Pulkky, Sheahan and Helm at the cheapest.

Edited by Jacksoni

Buff on D? Great, another Dman that doesn't know how to play defense. Not what we need. Right now we need to take it easy and be paitent. Let's get healthy and let the lines form for about 25 games, then see what we need and who we can trade with.

The general consensus by hockey analysts is that the Wings needs another top 4 D-man

Lol we probably would. This was discussed in a thread extensively this summer, I was a proponent for getting Dustin. Had gotten him for cheaper than now, because WPG are not letting him go unless paid handsomely now.

I'd say something like Pulkky, Sheahan and Helm at the cheapest.

Nobody on an expiring contract costs three roster players. Hell, guys who aren't on expiring contracts don't cost that much. None of Jarome Iginla, Bobby Ryan, Ryan Kesler, Jason Spezza, Keith Yandle, Jay Bouwmeester, Dougie Hamilton, Tyler Seguin, or Phil Kessel cost 3 roster players.

Where did you come up with this?

Edited by kipwinger

I did say handsomely, and don't think a trade will happen.

I do see them asking something like that, maybe 2 of those, and of course we can't have that, ergo no trade.

Edit: They are in the playoff run, don't forget that. And he's a major part of that.

Edited by Jacksoni

Again, the standard payment for a good player on an expiring contract is a roster player, prospect, and pick. With the quality of each depending on the value of the other. The likelihood of giving up two roster players is small too. Since the kind of guys you'd want, teams aren't giving up, and the kinds of guys they'll give up aren't the kinds you want.

Aside from the odd "hockey trade", which rarely happens with expiring contracts, you're pretty much always going to see prospects and picks as the center pieces of trades for good players. I'd especially expect this to be so in Buff's case because Winnipeg is seemingly stacked with NHL talent (other than a goalie). Seems like they'd be after young guys and not two or three forwards that they don't have a need, or place, for.

Look at the desperate teams, teams that desperately need scoring

The Red Wings?

Again, the standard payment for a good player on an expiring contract is a roster player, prospect, and pick. With the quality of each depending on the value of the other. The likelihood of giving up two roster players is small too. Since the kind of guys you'd want, teams aren't giving up, and the kinds of guys they'll give up aren't the kinds you want.

Aside from the odd "hockey trade", which rarely happens with expiring contracts, you're pretty much always going to see prospects and picks as the center pieces of trades for good players. I'd especially expect this to be so in Buff's case because Winnipeg is seemingly stacked with NHL talent (other than a goalie). Seems like they'd be after young guys and not two or three forwards that they don't have a need, or place, for.

Now that you mention it, maybe they would take a straight up trade for Mrazek (trying to adhere to your trade standards). Which again would be insane of the Wings, so no trade.

Edited by Jacksoni

No to Mrazek....period.

But, I would come with the offer of Helm, (one of) XO/Sproul and a 1st round pick. Even then I would be working like gangbusters to resign him, because to me thats a lot going back to WPG. But if he does what he supposed to do plus re-signs, it'd be well worth it.

to WPG: Darren Helm, Xavier Oullet (or Sproul,) 1st rnd pick.

to DET: Dustin Byfuglien

How I'd use him is most definitely on the top pairing, but I would also put him in front of the net on the top power play.

No to Mrazek....period.

But, I would come with the offer of Helm, (one of) XO/Sproul and a 1st round pick. Even then I would be working like gangbusters to resign him, because to me thats a lot going back to WPG. But if he does what he supposed to do plus re-signs, it'd be well worth it.

to WPG: Darren Helm, Xavier Oullet (or Sproul,) 1st rnd pick.

to DET: Dustin Byfuglien

How I'd use him is most definitely on the top pairing, but I would also put him in front of the net on the top power play.

They will want Mantha.