• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings7

Byfuglien - What would he cost?

Rate this topic

9m/yr would Be tough to work into the salary cap and re-sign our guys. But if he hadn't signed and the kings arent looking like contenders (and we get our stuff together) our first round pick to replace the one they lost would probably be enticing, along with some other assets that Wed need To get rid anyway for the cap/roster spot. Assuming they get an extension done pre trade, I'm sure they'd be able to make it work.

Well Nyquist is signed for the next 5 years. Mantha and Larkin are on ELC

so the only big one coming up will be Danny D.

10, 27 is a lot of money sure but you gotta pay to get. If it really happens and Lombardi continues to play hardball I don't care what it takes to get it done just do it. Kopitar would be instantly our best player, lessen the blow of losing Pasha and reducing the workload for Z..while Larkin can be groomed as a second line center. I mean someone like Kopitar doesn't make it to UFA anymore.

But dreaming aside I'm absolutely shocked that Lombardi and Cheveldayoff are playing hardball with Ladd and Kopitar. Although it's great for the rest of the league.

Kopitar in a wings jersey would be a dream come true. He's part of the reason I like the Kings.

Also, out of nothing more than curiosity, I wonder when the last time a sign then trade happened. I can't think of one. usually it's the other way around.

Anyway, trading for him would be the tough part.... I can't imagine him not re-signing here.

Well Nyquist is signed for the next 5 years. Mantha and Larkin are on ELC

so the only big one coming up will be Danny D.

10, 27 is a lot of money sure but you gotta pay to get. If it really happens and Lombardi continues to play hardball I don't care what it takes to get it done just do it. Kopitar would be instantly our best player, lessen the blow of losing Pasha and reducing the workload for Z..while Larkin can be groomed as a second line center. I mean someone like Kopitar doesn't make it to UFA anymore.

But dreaming aside I'm absolutely shocked that Lombardi and Cheveldayoff are playing hardball with Ladd and Kopitar. Although it's great for the rest of the league.

Abby, helm, pulkkinen, mrazek, Ferraro and I'm pretty sure any of the d men that are out of waiver exceptions contracts all expire.

So we probably have to make a move either way honestly, we can't keep all these guys.

I never new the Wings were his fav team.

That's insane.

It used to be you grew up in a another country, the red wings were probably your favorite team.

I think he's in the age bracket Just old enough for this to be true. Ha.

Abby, helm, pulkkinen, mrazek, Ferraro and I'm pretty sure any of the d men that are out of waiver exceptions contracts all expire.

So we probably have to make a move either way honestly, we can't keep all these guys.

It used to be you grew up in a another country, the red wings were probably your favorite team.

I think he's in the age bracket Just old enough for this to be true. Ha.

I'd drive Helm to the airport if it meant freeing up space for Kopitar.

Helm, Abby won't cost a lot to re-sign...4,5 for years same with Helm. Ferraro, Pulkinnen could be traded to free up cap space. Mrazek is on ELC

Also iirc Andersson Is also on a one year deal.

He's Honestly a pretty ideal 13th forward, and mrazek Is on a one year deal through the end of this season, he'll still be an RFA but he's no longer on his ELC.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2014/7/1/5861384/free-agency-2014-red-wings-extend-petr-mrazek

were gonna have some turn over but I don't know if its enough to get kopi And those we do keep.

I'm not a cap expert though, so I'm sure there's a way to work it out.

It's pretty incredible how we've made the playoffs 24 years in a row by refusing to overpay for overhyped free agents, refusing to be impatient with our pieces, and refusing to give up draft picks easily...and yet those are exactly the things fans on this forum want us to do more than anything. :glare:

As a Buff fan, i'd love him here. I think he is at his best, even offensively, when he is back on defense. Having the flexibility to have a player capable of jumping up on wing and playing defense is a huge plus also.

After the moves we made, landing Green and Richards, considering recent history, I don't really have much confidence in another big move to bring him here, but i'd embrace it and be thrilled.

I don't think many would like the price though.

As a Buff fan, i'd love him here. I think he is at his best, even offensively, when he is back on defense. Having the flexibility to have a player capable of jumping up on wing and playing defense is a huge plus also.

After the moves we made, landing Green and Richards, considering recent history, I don't really have much confidence in another big move to bring him here, but i'd embrace it and be thrilled.

I don't think many would like the price though.

Good post. I agree. Gonna take Mantha + to land him.

I still say it won't take Mantha. Look at all the pending UFA's that were traded last season, it didn't take that much to move them. Even Kessel didn't garner a TOP prospect and he wasn't even a pending UFA. No team is looking to overpay for a player they may not even retain after July. The ONLY way it'll cost a player like Mantha is if Holland doesn't care if he loses Byf or Mantha and just wants to outbid all other teams. Unless another team has an inside track or is aobut to negotiatie a deal to sign Byf, I cannot think of one team that would give away a 1st, roster player AND one of their top 3 prospects just for a rental, no rental is worth that, unless, like I said, he commits to a contract the same day he is acquired.

I still maintain that Helm, Sproul (or XO) and a 1st would be plenty to obtain him, it may even be overpayment and a ton to lose if Byf walks after July. Especially if the Wings don't get their act together, that 1st rounder may be a good one.

I don’t see this happening, at least not now. First of all, there is a strong change that Det and Win will be in competition this year over the wildcard. If Win wanted to trade him, I'm sure their first choice would be a team in the West.

Secondly, they are in a similar situation as us, I don’t see them unloading as they want to make a run as well. Maybe if come January they are out of it and we are in it, then it will be a different story.

I don’t see this happening, at least not now. First of all, there is a strong change that Det and Win will be in competition this year over the wildcard. If Win wanted to trade him, I'm sure their first choice would be a team in the West.

Secondly, they are in a similar situation as us, I don’t see them unloading as they want to make a run as well. Maybe if come January they are out of it and we are in it, then it will be a different story.

We are not in the same conference as WPG

I think this is the issue. They may have no chance in hell in re-signing him, but why would they let him go for anything less than something that's going to help them in their playoff run. They're in the toughest/tightest division in the league and they'll need Buff or someone of his caliber just to ensure they're in the Wild Card picture.

I like the idea of getting a player of dustins tier. However, every team is only interested in a few players: Nyquist, Tatar, maybe a few prospects, you get the point. They dont want grinders like Jurco. Perhaps Pulkkinen and a draft pick or two could score Byfugelin.

imagine getting rid of ericcsson & smith and adding wideman & bufuglien?

yeowza!

we would have to lose some cash overhead, and some talent, but what an improvement!

calgary would want active forwards (jurco/sheahan/ferraro) while winnipeg would want future defense.(xo/sproul..etc.)

anaheim "might" be interested in smith+3rd for fowler...which i would do.