• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/30 GDT : Ottawa Senators 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I thought blash would keep babs old style but improve our transition, haven't seen any results, except for 2 games maybe, send Larkin down if we keep losing this isn't the red wing way and he might benefit dominating down there, instead of losing up here. Plus it seams like they need him

Edited by MrazekFanBoy

I swear to god if I hear Babcock's name one more time...

The same people bitching about missing Babs are the people who bitched about us sucking last year too. Babs is not the answer. We suck right now. I personally think it will come together, but you know what? Maybe it doesn't this season. Or next. Somebody's gotta be at the bottom. We've been there before.

I'd rather suck because we have the yams to make some changes than to suck because we keep on with the same mediocrity we've had for years.

YOLO

Well, they are 1-6 right now.

And a combined 88-49-15 over the last two seasons. Or do they need to fire Blashill, too?

The same people bitching about missing Babs are the people who bitched about us sucking last year too. Babs is not the answer. We suck right now. I personally think it will come together, but you know what? Maybe it doesn't this season. Or next. Somebody's gotta be at the bottom. We've been there before.

I'd rather suck because we have the yams to make some changes than to suck because we keep on with the same mediocrity we've had for years.

YOLO

No. The only proper response:

Fg1Bzkz.jpg

Edited by Aethernum

20 games guys. We're not hitting the panic button until then. Just go along the ride until then

Our schedule only gets harder from here btw. We've played most of the s***** teams and lost to them.

Maybe we can win against the better teams idk.

I disagree with this part. The back-to-back games every week have been a bad thing for us. Not only are we tired for the 2nd game, it also takes away the time to watch tape on the upcoming team and the time to correct mistakes in practice from the previous game.

Pavel can't come back quick enough.

YOLO

When you got the yams (what's the yams?)

The yam brought it out of Richard Pryor

Also, great post

Also, Pavel Datsyuk

When you got the yams (what's the yams?)

The yam brought it out of Richard Pryor

Also, great post

Also, Pavel Datsyuk

Agree.

But what worries me is he might need 1-2 more weeks after he's back in the line up to actually be his magical self since he didn't have much workout this summer and/or training camp.

We potentially have one month here without a magic man. They need to get a good amount of wins in.

Hoping said haunted house is not in Texas... Ya might not come back.

Northeast PA. He did a heck of a job.... Laser tunnel in fog, projected ghosts on a scrim in a hallway, homemade animatronics props, it was pretty awesome. Without reading through the thread, I miss the butt pats after a win.... Hopefully the boys get angry and turn the Corel Center into a house of horrors for the Sens on the second half of the back to back.

I don't get it... Isn't this practically the same team as last year? What is not working? Are the Wings that dependent on the players that are injured right now?

How could it be possible that their style of play seems to have dramatically changed? The defensive coverage is bad... There is just way too much time spent in the D-zone... I've been looking at the players individually and they're not as crappy as they are made out to be on these boards... But am I not being objective enough?

Damn ... we are the sh&tz !!

It's going to be a long year. You'd think with this combination of players, you could stick a cardboard picture of Babcock behind the bench and we'd get better results than this.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I am getting tired of Blashill always playing Mrazek on the 2nd of back to back games. He should have played Mrazek tonight. I feel the team could have benefited from his puck handling ability because Ottawa took away our space so quickly. Howard was not bad tonight, but again he was not great either. Looking forward to seeing what Mrazek can do tomorrow night.

20 games, if after 20 games theyre still not playing well then we could be in trouble.

But until then, things have to get sorted out, I didn't imagine Blashill would be throwing out random lines all night but I don't think it will last. Every time they show him on the bench he has the stoic look on his face, but tinkering so much kinda seems like a panic move, and I think its been passed down to the players.

Theyre going to have to get it sorted out, for sure because there was some genuinely baffling plays made today. Even Dekeyser seemed rushed, and shaky, which is odd, but I don't see it lasting unless the leadership group suddenly stopped caring, which I doubt they have.

And a lack of scoring at 5on5 is not a reason to blame your 4th line defensive forwards, that's on the top 9. And quite a few times out there, the fourth line looked good in the offensive zone.

But even they're getting frustrated with each other, you could audibly hear miller yell at Glendenning to look next time he went to throw the puck up the ice.

Things aren't going the teams way and its getting to them.

It happens.

They got hot in the preseason and now they're cold. Ha.

Also, remember that this schedule is crazy.

I've never seen a team have to play so many back to backs with a gap in between the next game, then another gap, then another back to back.

Its crazy.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

....and maybe in an attempt for solidarity, the rest of the team refused to train? Again.....I'm looking for anything here.

Um.

Honestly I think we were just dealt a bad hand. The gaps in between games, followed by having to play back to back isn't really the best environment to get yourself back up to game speed. And its not like Blashill can run them through drills in practice with any kind of pace to simulate the game. If he did they'd be dead by the second period of the second game.

And I'm sure there's a Snowball effect from all the other problems they're having on the ice, low confidence, frustration, new coaches for almost everything...

Thems just the cards sometimes.

YOLO

Really? You'd rather us suck, than make the right changes to get over the hump?

Um.

Honestly I think we were just dealt a bad hand. The gaps in between games, followed by having to play back to back isn't really the best environment to get yourself back up to game speed. And its not like Blashill can run them through drills in practice with any kind of pace to simulate the game. If he did they'd be dead by the second period of the second game.

And I'm sure there's a Snowball effect from all the other problems they're having on the ice, low confidence, frustration, new coaches for almost everything...

Thems just the cards sometimes.

You got any more excuses for the team?

I am getting tired of Blashill always playing Mrazek on the 2nd of back to back games. He should have played Mrazek tonight. I feel the team could have benefited from his puck handling ability because Ottawa took away our space so quickly. Howard was not bad tonight, but again he was not great either. Looking forward to seeing what Mrazek can do tomorrow night.

What? Howard was the only guy who did play great. Did you watch?

I don't get it... Isn't this practically the same team as last year? What is not working? Are the Wings that dependent on the players that are injured right now?

How could it be possible that their style of play seems to have dramatically changed? The defensive coverage is bad... There is just way too much time spent in the D-zone... I've been looking at the players individually and they're not as crappy as they are made out to be on these boards... But am I not being objective enough?

Who is new on the team and is constantly there? Blashill.

This isn't rocket science.

I disagree with this part. The back-to-back games every week have been a bad thing for us. Not only are we tired for the 2nd game, it also takes away the time to watch tape on the upcoming team and the time to correct mistakes in practice from the previous game.

Pavel can't come back quick enough.

Both teams play in the back-to-backs, you do realize this right? So tiredness is a dumb excuse.

Agree.

But what worries me is he might need 1-2 more weeks after he's back in the line up to actually be his magical self since he didn't have much workout this summer and/or training camp.

We potentially have one month here without a magic man. They need to get a good amount of wins in.

. I can't wait to see him back on the ice. Hes probably one of the smartest players to ever play the game, and hell help calm the team down...

I love z as a captain, he's literally doing everything he possibly can every night, even to the point of throwing his body around which is crazy, but I always kind of looked at the c as being shared with him and Pavel. Pav doesn't speak the best English, so z was kind of the obvious choice to wear it, but they compliment each other amazingly well.

Z shows you what to do, pav shows you how to do it.