• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

amato

Abby Signs 7-year, 29.75 mil Extension

Rate this topic

Abby is the prototypical Red Wing that proves if you're a real professional, that works hard the possibilities are endless. He'll be a great veteran presence, hopefully his body holds up. Hasn't missed any significant time his whole career so I'm positive he won't break

So we have 18M tied into Ericcson, Kindl, Abby, and Quincey

Who's making fun of Toew's and Kane's contracts now?

You're comparing 4 players salary to 2 and two of those guys are done after this season. Our salary situation is pretty good right now. Ericsson is the only guy that might be overpaid and realistically he isn't.

Abby is the prototypical Red Wing that proves if you're a real professional, that works hard the possibilities are endless. He'll be a great veteran presence, hopefully his body holds up. Hasn't missed any significant time his whole career so I'm positive he won't break

You're comparing 4 players salary to 2 and two of those guys are done after this season. Our salary situation is pretty good right now. Ericsson is the only guy that might be overpaid and realistically he isn't.

He's our arguably worst defenceman and paid 4.25M... for the next 6 years....

Wouldn't say were in a good cap situation. The only reason were under the cap right now is because Franzen is on IR.

Bottom line is alot of guys on our team are overpaid

Edited by WingsallTheway

I wouldn't say anybody is overpaid actually. E is objectively a top 4 defensemen on this team despite what you think about him. We have too many players not too much salary. Who in your mind is overpaid besides Ericsson which is objectively wrong? Kindl? He's gone next year so I'm not worried about it, not like he has a massive cap hit anyways

Abby is like Dan Cleary 2.0. He's a heart and soul guy who's inauspicious start will yield a very productive player for the next handful of years. After which time we'll renegotiate as he declines.

I haven't felt this good about talent management since Dolph Ziggler cashed in Money in the Bank on Del Rio. And we all know that turned out just fine.

I wouldn't say anybody is overpaid actually. E is objectively a top 4 defensemen on this team despite what you think about him. We have too many players not too much salary. Who in your mind is overpaid besides Ericsson which is objectively wrong? Kindl? He's gone next year so I'm not worried about it, not like he has a massive cap hit anyways

He shouldn't be a top 4 dman...that money could have went elsewhere to a legit top 4. I don't understand how its ok to pay him that much just because we were forced to give him top minutes. He plays top pairing minutes even though he plays like a 6th dman

Quincey is overpaid, Kindl is here next season as well. Even Green is overpaid. Abby's contract will be bad in 3-4 years.

#1,2 defenceman who make roughly the same as Quincey and Green:

Roman Josi 4M

OEL 5.5M

Keith 5.5M

Adam Larsson 4M

Yandle 3M

Edited by WingsallTheway

He shouldn't be a top 4 dman...that money could have went elsewhere to a legit top 4. I don't understand how its ok to pay him that much just because we were forced to give him top minutes. He plays top pairing minutes even though he plays like a 6th dman

Quincey is overpaid, Kindl is here next season as well. Even Green is overpaid. Abby's contract will be bad in 3-4 years.

Well nobody agrees with you. No top four defensemen are playing for under 3M around the league that should give you some realistic expectations. Ericsson is a top 4 around the league

Well nobody agrees with you. No top four defensemen are playing for under 3M around the league that should give you some realistic expectations. Ericsson is a top 4 around the league

I find it hard to believe 29 other NHL teams would welcome Ericsson at his caphit, even if he fit. If he is a top 4dman then my expectations of a top 4 NHL defenceman have to be drastically lowered

Edited by WingsallTheway

I think this is way to long of a deal and for arguably too much money.

We've seen this before, Franzen.

Why not just do old school deals of 4 years or less?

I hope he works out. He definitely needs to start scoring now.

Even if the cap stayed the same, these 4M cap hits aren't really going to affect how you build your team. The term just guarantees he stays a wing for life, not a trade able player and they would never take him anyways. It's those 7-10M deals that prevent you from making deals. With those contracts your accepting the core of your team and that it will never change, you live and die by those deals

So we have 18M tied into Ericcson, Kindl, Abby, and Quincey

Who's making fun of Toew's and Kane's contracts now?

These guys play at least!!

Howard, Franzen, and Cleary cost $10 mil momil

Like the abby signing, but Holland is a buffoon.

No he's not. I agree with him. Please speak for yourself only.

Meh, just a bit more than I was looking at, but heck, if Franzen stays LTIR, then it's almost a wash. I agree with you's though, Ericsson IS NOT a top 4 D-man and gets paid maybe not too much, but for too long. Good thing is, Q will be off the books next year, Richards (if not traded at the deadline) will also be off the books.

You have to guess DD is going to cost you at least E's money and Mrazek is going to be at least $3.5M if not closer to $5M. It's going to get tight, very tight. Someone said it earlier, a few guys are well overpaid on this team for the results we get. Just look at any cap sight, they are the team with the highest cap on most days. The highest paid team and we are not Stanley Cup favorites outside of our own minds.