• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rooter2309

Day to Day Practice thread

Rate this topic

I know I always am anxious to see practice related material and I'm sure some good discussion could always come from lines and injury updates given to us by the diggers.

Or anything else anyone sees about practice. I enjoy when Roose posts his Periscope link to watch some practice.

For example, a cool picture from Khan of Larkin getting some extra work with Datsyuk after practice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTEC81NUkAAnTUe.jpg

Sorry, unsure how to just posts the pic right here, but you guys and gals all get the idea.

Nyquist-Z-Abby

Larkin-D-Tatar

Boom

Like it.

Helm-Shehan-Pulkinnen

Miller-Gelndening-Ferraro

Just for the love of God, no more Andersson on the third line. I know we've won both with him in that slot, but I still want to see Jurco get some games in before Pavel comes back to see if he can produce something moving forward this year

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/11/red_wings_mike_green_has_first.html

Green might be back Friday. He was alternating with Marchenko which would make a Kindl-Green pairing, that doesn't sound very good to me.

Forwards from practice:

Justin Abdelkader-Henrik Zetterberg-Dylan Larkin

Tomas Tatar-Riley Sheahan-Gustav Nyquist

Joakim Andersson-Darren Helm-Teemu Pulkkinen

Drew Miller-Luke Glendening-Landon Ferraro

Glad to see Helm at center over Andy - much better on draws. Jurco was switching in with Helm's line - Replace Andersson with Jurco!

I actually like Andersson in the lineup. His hockey IQ is pretty underrated, whichever line he's on is safe and structured. Great 4th liner but we really need size up the lineup so it is what it is. Not like the third line would score with Jurco in anyways

Nyquist-Z-Abby

Larkin-D-Tatar

Boom

While I love the idea of Larkin and Dats together, Z and Larkin have been developing some pretty chemistry so far. Not sure I'd want to break that one up.

How about a Larkin-Dats-Z line, just for kicks?! :lol:

Edited by Aethernum

While I love the idea of Larkin and Dats together, Z and Larkin have been developing some pretty chemistry so far. Not sure I'd want to break that one up.

How about a Larkin-Dats-Z line, just for kicks?! :lol:

I honestly think, given enough to time, Z would develop chemistry with any talented player. The Nyquist-Z combo has been our best for years, Abby was Dats wingman for years until he went down and then boom and now Larkin. I also think Dats has been shafted over the years with less then stellar line mates... Cleary, Bert and Helm no offense

Andersson has been more useful to us lately. Not sure how or why he suddenly is, but he's simply doing good enough.

--

Larkin - Zetterbrg - Abby

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abby

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abby

Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm

So many combos possible and they're all very good and proven to be effective. Excited to see what Blash does in a couple weeks here.

Edited by kickazz

People still want Jurco in even though Andersson's been the better player? Interesting.....

Jurco's only been in 4 games. I think he looked good in 2 games that I saw (minus a bad penalty) - I didn't watch the other 2. I still think he will be a solid player for this team. If we're not playing him now when we have these injuries, I don't see how he's getting in this year.

Andersson has been pretty good the last few games. I'd actually take out Ferraro first from the lineup - guess I should have written replace Andersson with Jurco, slide Andy down to the 4th line.

All from various Khan tweets:

Smith not skating today at practice. (unsure why)

Ferraro and Richards also out.

AA still up with the big club

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 31s31 seconds ago

Interesting, Datsyuk skating on line with Zetterberg and Larkin. Abdelkader moved to bottom six. Doesn't mean Datsyuk ready for sure.

Whoa.

So....

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Larkin

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar

Abdlekader - Athanasiou - Pulkkinen

Miller - Glendenning - Helm

?

Not sure how I'd feel about taking the only remotely "power forwardy" forwad out of the top 6.

Whoa.

So....

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Larkin

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar

Abdlekader - Athanasiou - Pulkkinen

Miller - Glendenning - Helm

?

Not sure how I'd feel about taking the only remotely "power forwardy" forwad out of the top 6.

Honestly I don't really care, Z-pav-Larkin don't need a big body on there line, z and pav protect the puck so well and larkins speed/skill will compliment them well

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 38m38 minutes ago

Datsyuk said he's not ready to play tomorrow.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 31m31 minutes ago

Blashill said Mrazek starting tomorrow vs. Washington.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 31m31 minutes ago

Blashill said Smith is sick. Status for tomorrow uncertain.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 30m30 minutes ago

Blashill said plan is to play Datsyuk with Zetterberg initially when Datsyuk returns. Hasn't decided who other wing will be.