• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rooter2309

Day to Day Practice thread

Rate this topic

Haven't seen this posted yet...

@AnsarKhanMLive: #redwings have assigned forward Tomas Jurco to Grand Rapids on conditioning assignment.

I'm kind of surprised there haven't been more questions / concerns expressed by Red Wings reporters regarding the whole Jurco situation. I know he was having back issues a few weeks ago but was that still an ongoing thing? Is that why he's been scratched every game? I'm hoping that's the case, and he goes down to GR for the next couple weeks, rips s*** up and regains a little confidence and gets going up in Detroit.

The kid has way too much skill to be sitting every game. There's no question that it's a confidence thing right now. Hopefully he gets back on track really soon.

Yeah, that's interesting that he's going to GR. Seems like a good thing to get him playing somewhere.

A question for someone who knows more about waivers: Doesn't this mean that he has to have been injured? Otherwise, wouldn't he have to pass through waivers and risk losing him? Or can you go for a conditioning stint and skip waivers if you have been scratched for a certain number of games?

Bahaha yes I agree Smith is definitely all heart! Mostly out of necessity though seeing as he lacks a brain lol.

All of our D have had their moments this season but Smith is easily the worst Dman on the team right now. If we didn't have so many forwards I'd love to convert him. He'd be better in a wing role with less defensive responsibility and where he can use his speed.

Now you are speaking my language, brah.

Yeah, that's interesting that he's going to GR. Seems like a good thing to get him playing somewhere.

A question for someone who knows more about waivers: Doesn't this mean that he has to have been injured? Otherwise, wouldn't he have to pass through waivers and risk losing him? Or can you go for a conditioning stint and skip waivers if you have been scratched for a certain number of games?

I think it's allowed for conditioning reasons like a few weeks even without injury as long as the player agrees to it.

Now sure 100% though. Anyone mind pulling the rule book out?

Edited by kickazz

Lines look awful. Nyquist is our biggest offensive weapon at the moment and he gets screwed with his minutes... Pulkinnen suuuucks..Tatar too but I know he is capable
Datsyuk getting shafted as per usual... Bertuzzi, Cleary, Richards

Sheahan has played great on the 4th, hopefully he keeps it up in a scoring role

Starting to question Blashill's favouritism to Pulkinnen
If Babs was here still Pulks and/or Tatar would be sitting right now. You better add something to the team if your a midget right now they're both passengers

Q skating... Due back end of January. We'll be a lot deeper on the back end. I always though Smith and E would make a very good pairing

Kronwall-Green

Quincey-Deke

Ericsson-Smith

Would you:

1) trade Kindl and keep Marchy as #7

2) send Marchy down and keep Kindl as #7

3) keep Marchy and Kindl and only keep 1 reserve forward

??

Would you:

1) trade Kindl and keep Marchy as #7

2) send Marchy down and keep Kindl as #7

3) keep Marchy and Kindl and only keep 1 reserve forward

??

I wonder if Blash/Holland are thinking of going this route, since we have yet to call up a forward since Miller and Pulkks went down.

Gives Holland more time to make some decisions and we don't have to waive or send anyone down.

Also, despite some improved play this year, I really think Kindl has played himself out of a roster spot. Yeah, Blash might use him to give someone a rest here and there, but once Q is back... he's done and the one that gets moved.

I wonder if Blash/Holland are thinking of going this route, since we have yet to call up a forward since Miller and Pulkks went down.

Gives Holland more time to make some decisions and we don't have to waive or send anyone down.

Also, despite some improved play this year, I really think Kindl has played himself out of a roster spot. Yeah, Blash might use him to give someone a rest here and there, but once Q is back... he's done and the one that gets moved.

I agree. Our defense looks really solid lately. I havent seen that many outnumbered attacks in the last 15 games. We were giving up odd man rushes frequently in the first 10 games, and that was a bit scary. Seems like Blash righted the ship in the defense department.

I know we've been wondering why Danny D has been off this season..

I feel like having Q back will help. Him and Danny D were a good pair last year.

Glad to see him on ice.

Good point. Q is not super flashy, but he's a stabilizer. Allows his partner to play a little more aggressive.

If we could unload some dmen and somehow pick up a decent offensive dman we would be insanely deep on D.

Green-Kronwall

Dekeseyer-Quincey

Ericsson-Wideman

That's a group that can get it done in the playoffs even if they don't have that true #1 70 point defensmen. Another option would be to go and get a legit top six scorer and move Helm to the bottom six energy role, which he excels at imp, one of the very best in the league. We could make significant upgrades from these rentals at the deadline and be a serious contender

Edited by joesuffP

Joe, watch Green carefully for the next 3 to 4 games. He's not as great as everyone thinks. I haven't been too impressed with his good offensive join / bad defensive lapse ratio. I wouldnt mind seeing him on the 2nd pair with Quincey and Dekeyser playing with Kronwall.