• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bill Berzeench

Smith-Kronwall

Rate this topic

How many more dumb mistakes is Smith supposed to make? Before it was giveaways and putting goals in own net and now it's running over your own teammate.

He's turning 27 soon and not a sign of generating common sense.

Kronwall -Green

Quincey - Dekeyser

Ericsson - Kindl/Marchenko

Aside from colliding with Zetterberg, I really liked how Smith was playing that game. On the other hand, Ericcson looked just awful. I was really confused when they put him back with Kronwall.

Are you thinking that Kindl might be the common denominator on the bad defense side of things? I'm leaning that way.

Get rid of him while he's still got a speck of value left. Bring Big Buff.

Are you thinking that Kindl might be the common denominator on the bad defense side of things? I'm leaning that way.

Yes the common denominator is the guy that scored the game winner and follows Blashill's whole mentality of "defenseman stepping up to offense". Kindl is on Blash's good side like it or not.

Get rid of him while he's still got a speck of value left. Bring Big Buff.

How do you rank our defensemen? I rank them like this:

Dekeyser

Kronwall

Smith

Green

Quincey

Marchenko

Ouellet

Ericsson

Kindl

Jensen

Sproul

Lashoff

I value Smith a lot more than everyone else. I think his speed and attitude are good to have in our lineup.

How do you rank our defensemen? I rank them like this:

Dekeyser

Kronwall

Smith

Green

Quincey

Marchenko

Ouellet

Ericsson

Kindl

Jensen

Sproul

Lashoff

I value Smith a lot more than everyone else. I think his speed and attitude are good to have in our lineup.

Quincey, Marchenko, and Green are all better defenseman than Smith. They read the play better than Smith does and tend to be in their position more often than not.

Smith almost always has to hustle back because he gets out of position or has to make the silly diving play to save a goal. Good defenseman don't need to make diving plays to save a goal (sure it might look cool, but in reality all that indicates is that you screwed up your positioning), good defenseman are two steps ahead of the opposing teams offense and counter them before they can do anything. Refer to Lidstrom youtube videos.

Edited by kickazz

Quincey, Marchenko, and Green are all better defenseman than Smith. They read the play better than Smith does and tend to be in their position more often than not.

Smith almost always has to hustle back because he gets out of position or has to make the silly diving play to save a goal. Good defenseman don't need to make diving plays to save a goal (sure it might look cool, but in reality all that indicates is that you screwed up your positioning), good defenseman are two steps ahead of the opposing teams offense and counter them before they can do anything. Refer to Lidstrom youtube videos.

I meant to post it to Bill. did you rank Smith higher than Green and Quincey because they're injured?

Edited by NerveDamage

Dekeyser is surely not our best defenseman.

Quincey

Kronwall

Dekeyser

Toss Up The Rest

Really, Quincey better than Kronwall? Although I agree that he hasn't played to the level we all expect from him. Don't know if it has anything to do with that phony game 7 suspension.

Edited by NerveDamage

Dekeyser is surely not our best defenseman.

Quincey

Kronwall

Dekeyser

Toss Up The Rest

You really must just be trying to get a reaction.

Q is not better than Kronwall or DK

And, "Toss Up The Rest?" that means that you think that Brenden Smith or Kindl might be better than Green. Green was quite good before his injury.

I wont disagree with you that Smith gets out of position. My pet peeve with Smith is his shift lengths. He doesnt get off the ice when he should and gets caught out of gas too much. That's a mental problem, and that seems to be his biggest shortcoming. Hd doesnt think the game.

But be real, Lidstrom aspirations are just pointless. Especially for Smith. Not even close.

NerveDamage, no. Those are my rankings all healthy.

Overall ranking including defense, hockey IQ, offense.

Kronwall

Dekeyser (yes green is better offensively than DK, but obviously DK is a much safer and less liable D-man)

Green

Quincey

Marchenko

Rest are literally garbage and we're basically stuck with them. But even so the list continues for me as -

Ericsson

Kindl

Smith

DK, Kronwall and Marchenko have good hockey IQ and are good defensively (although Marchenko makes a good amount of mistakes but I'll say he's still developing). Kronwall is very good offensively as well while the other two aren't. Kronner can easily put up 50 points if given the opportunity (but having a s**** D partner sort of doesn't help). Kindl is a better offensive D-man than Smith peroid. But both Kindl and Smith have terrible hockey IQ and the fact that they are both in their upper 20s and still make dumb plays consistently is concerning. At this point in their career I'm not sure how much more they can improve. Maybe a little bit more? It's not like they're 22 or 23 years old.

Ericsson is a turnover machine but he has grit and has damn good fighting skills that he should utilize more. I think he's a good 3rd pair D-man. Unfortunately I think he became a bit sheltered under Babcock and doesn't seem to want to drop the gloves or throw his body as much. IDK.

Edited by kickazz

Bwa ha ha ha. You don't like it when you get BUSTED, do you?

Smarty pants.

What's there to be busted about? You think Holland is a bad GM because he signed players that were predicted to have a decent upside? Hah. Ok.

Let's put some perspective in that head of yers. Lets say we sign Danny D like EVERYONE is saying right away for say hmm 5 million a year.

Let's say in 2 years Danny D ends up sucking.

Now let's say we ship Howard off and sign Mrazek to I don't know, 6 million for 8 years. Let's say in just 1 year Mrazek starts sucking.

Ah this is when the hindsight bias sets in. "Blame Holland! It's his fault we signed that s**** goalie Mrazek and that crappy defenseman Dekeyser!"

All the while things looked great and fans were on board when it first happened.

It's easy to be a player hater with some hindsight bias Mr. Berzeench . Nice try but there is no bust ;)

Holland has a job to do and things don't always work out the way you expect them to.

Now what would be nice is if we can ship some of these players off for a good return.

Edited by kickazz