• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Surgery for Kyle Quincey

Rate this topic

time to make a trade for a soild top 4 no doubt now need to makes some moves if AA plays lights out do we possibly move Helm and ? for a nice repleacement for Q

...or give Marchenko a minute to see if he's capable of filling that role before you bury him back in GR.

...or give Marchenko a minute to see if he's capable of filling that role before you bury him back in GR.

No need to send Marchenko down, but no reason to not push for a top 4 guy either.

Marchenko is an excellent 3rd pair guy at the very least.

Bad news for Q's career in Detroit.

I am full on board with finding a top guy (see Byf thread) and also keeping Marchy here. In order to do so, once you acquire (Byf for example) you need to cut ties with Kindl & Smith. (unless one is already included in the hypothetical Byf trade.)

Kronwall - Byfuglien

Dekeyser - Green

Ericsson - Marchenko

Jensen ( :lol: I ain't giving up! )

I think most, if not all, of us can see that this team will not miss a beat without Kindl or Smith.

Anyhow, crappy luck for Q, but his time here was up soon anyhow, its time for the next wave of defenders.

Edited by LeftWinger

Marchenko has been getting better by the game, but I wouldn't mind if they rotated the young guys in with Q out. Ouellet has done nothing in his whole NHL/AHL career to show he ISN'T ready to play in the bigs, so he deserves a shot. After 2 fantastic pre-seasons, I'd like to see Jensen get a crack too. Good problem to have. Q needs to get healed up correctly, come back and get into a groove going into the second half of the season.

Bad news for Q's career in Detroit.

I am full on board with finding a top guy (see Byf thread) and also keeping Marchy here. In order to do so, once you acquire (Byf for example) you need to cut ties with Kindl & Smith. (unless one is already included in the hypothetical Byf trade.)

Kronwall - Byfuglien

Dekeyser - Green

Ericsson - Marchenko

Jensen ( :lol: I ain't giving up! )

I think most, if not all, of us can see that this team will not miss a beat without Kindl or Smith.

Anyhow, crappy luck for Q, but his time here was up soon anyhow, its time for the next wave of defenders.

Be patient, Lefty. Both guys were 1st rounders for a reason.

Bill, that is not the point. Besides, even if you don't go after a #1/#2 guy, we have too many D up here when it comes to next summer. If you don't want to lose any of the 4 kids, you must get rid of 4 D up here. You can surely trade a young prospect in a package, but unless that package is for a forward, you'd still have too many D.

Kronwall

Ericsson

Dekeyser (re-signed of course)

Green

Kindl

Smith

Marchenko

Ouellet

Jensen

Sproul

None of which can be sent to GR without clearing waivers. Out of that bunch, even if you traded ONE of your kids in a package for a FWD, out of the rest, Smith/Kindl/Ericsson, two are in the way of our kids and the kids are better. So lets say you send Sproul packing in a deal, you still have to dump two of Smith/Ericsson/Kindl in order to fit Ouellet/Marchenko/Jensen. I, for one, do not wish to lose any more than ONE of the kids in order to keep any of the three mentioned "vets."

If you don't get a top guy, you then have:

Kronner - Green

Dekeyser - Marchenko

Ouellet - Ericsson

Jensen

If you acquired a top D guy, you'd then have to dump someone else and I would choose E.

Kronner - Byf

Dekey - Green

XO - Marchy

Jen-Ho

You cannot stunt the growth of our kids just to hang on to Smith or Kindl or E for that matter. The kids are better IMO.

...besides, just because they were 1st round picks doesn't mean anything...Kory Kocur was a first round pick and he was chosen before Recchi, Amonte and Rob Blake. The draft is a gamble, sometimes 1st rounders play to their expectation, most the time they don't. Smith and Kindl haven't and they are topped out with what they will bring to the NHL.

Edited by LeftWinger

I can't believe I'm writing this but Kindl looked very decent so far. I wouldn't trade him, at least not now. He seems to get along much better with Blashills system and his value will only rise for that reason. That is if we want to trade him at all. Right now I see no reason as he seems to develop into the kind of defenseman his draft position promised him to be.

Edited by derblaueClaus

The only trade I could see making sense for both teams right now would be something for Wideman in CGY.

Would have to include an NHL forward such as Tats or Nyquist so I'd be supremely hesitant. A higher end prospect could potentially get it done

I'm not sure if I buy the Byfuglien trade rumors

Edited by WingsallTheway

Tatar or Nyquist for Wideman? That is a joke right?

What else would we be able to offer that Calgary wants?

Kindl, Jurco, Smith, Sproul are none of those

I would never do that trade but I don't know what else we could offer I was just trying to state why a trade likely won't happen. Wasn't very clear in original post

I just know that CGY is looking to unload a Dman for a forward and we could use a Dman. A forward prospect would likely be the fairest price for both sides but i know CGY would want an NHL forward and we only have 2 (Gus, Tats) that are tradeable.

Unless were talking Helm, but I doubt he gets it done alone

Edited by WingsallTheway

Wideman is not a player that Calgary would be looking for a significant return on, he definitely wouldn't garner a top six 30 goal scoring winger. He's 5th on their depth chart, Giordano, Hamilton, Brodie and Russell are all ahead of him. He's also overpaid with one year left on his contract. I would think it would cost a mid level prospect and early to mid round draft pick...

Wideman is not a player that Calgary would be looking for a significant return on, he definitely wouldn't garner a top six 30 goal scoring winger. He's 5th on their depth chart, Giordano, Hamilton, Brodie and Russell are all ahead of him. He's also overpaid with one year left on his contract. I would think it would cost a mid level prospect and early to mid round draft pick...

I think as a rental at the deadline you'd be right about what would have to go the other way, but right now I think they'd want a legit forward.

He is not worth a tats or gus, by any stretch. I was just saying thats who they'd probably be asking for since none of our other NHL ready forwards are really tradeable

Smith + Jurco/Pulks seems to be the agreed upon value over on the CGY board.

Edited by WingsallTheway