• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman19

Hemsky still not suspended?

Rate this topic

Was just wondering if i'd missed it or if the NHL has really been doing all they could against detroit these days.

Considering the numerous non calls against the wings these past few games, the disallowed goal and so on....I was really expecting Hemsky to get at least 3games out of this hit on ericsson.

Thoughts?

Was just wondering if i'd missed it or if the NHL has really been doing all they could against detroit these days.

Considering the numerous non calls against the wings these past few games, the disallowed goal and so on....I was really expecting Hemsky to get at least 3games out of this hit on ericsson.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Yeah, the league isn't out to get the Wings.

Thoughts?

this league under current commissioner, if there is a slight chance, will never admit their official made a bad decision even for sake of eliminating head shots. They will go an extra mile if that's about Red Wings

Edited by ami

The Department of Player Safety is a bunch of hypocrites. I think that is well established, so this isn't surprising. For hits like this, I think an explanation should be provided whether there is a suspension and/or fine or nothing. Explain why it deserves suspension and/or fine and explain why it doesn't. To seemingly ignore the hit completely looks like they don't want to discipline the player, but they can't defend the decision.

That doesn't count, because it was a "hockey play.". And we're talking Hemsky on Ericsson.

So, interference is included in the definition of "hockey play?" Also, Bennett could easily have accomplished what he was trying to do without hitting Quincey in the head.

That doesn't count, because it was a "hockey play.". And we're talking Hemsky on Ericsson.

:) then I'd guess again - 10 stitches on eyebrow doesn't count as an injury.

ok, but how about getting double minor for same 'non-injury' caused by highsticking...

our little friend Ales didn't get anything out of it, not even a minor.

but for sake of fairness, Wings get a present from moronic referee a moment later - a non-call on blatant trip. :)

As I said before, if this league want to get rid of head shots, boarding, charging causing serous injuries, it has to start punishing their beloved morons/referees.

:) then I'd guess again - 10 stitches on eyebrow doesn't count as an injury.

ok, but how about getting double minor for same 'non-injury' caused by highsticking...

our little friend Ales didn't get anything out of it, not even a minor.

but for sake of fairness, Wings get a present from moronic referee a moment later - a non-call on blatant trip. :)

As I said before, if this league want to get rid of head shots, boarding, charging causing serous injuries, it has to start punishing their beloved morons/referees.

According to the NHL, it's OK, unless it isn't.