• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

11/13 GDT | Sharks @ Red Wings | 7:30 PM ET | FSD

Rate this topic

Love the lines. Been saying Sheahan should be tried as a winger. He can do the dirty stuff along the boards and in front of the net a lot better as a winger. Hopefully he will shoot more h

Pretty sure Sheahan played on Richard's wing at the beginning of the year and it didn't work

I dont like playing Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line. We should spread the wealth now that we finally have a chance to. We need more balanced scoring.

Tatar/Zetterberg/Larkin

Abdelkader/Datsyuk/Nyquist

Miller/Glendening/Helm

Sheahan/Athanasiou/Pulkkinen

Usually I'd agree, but Datsyuk probably doesn't have too much in the tank just coming back so I'm fine with it.

Later, if we split them, I like your lines, but I'd switch Tatar and Nyquist. Nyquist is pretty much only good 5-on-5 when he's with Z and Datsyuk and Tatar were really good together last year when Helm was also on that line.

Pretty sure Sheahan played on Richard's wing at the beginning of the year and it didn't work

Usually I'd agree, but Datsyuk probably doesn't have too much in the tank just coming back so I'm fine with it.

Later, if we split them, I like your lines, but I'd switch Tatar and Nyquist. Nyquist is pretty much only good 5-on-5 when he's with Z and Datsyuk and Tatar were really good together last year when Helm was also on that line.

Babcock did the same when Zetterberg was coming back from his back injury. Eased him in with Datsyuk on the top line. Worked well given the circumstances, remember Z needed a loong time to get well. He got healthy, according to himself, right before this season started.

I'm home from Toronto this weekend and am going to the game... really dissapointed that mrazek isn't playing I was really hoping he would. I think it shows blash has more faith in mrazek to get us a win on the 2nd half of back to backs.

Either way I am very lucky the magic man happens to be back tonight. I'm calling a magic goal. 4 to 2 wings!

I doubt Blashill has any issues with confidence in either of his goalies. They've swapped back and forth for almost every game this season.

They also have almost identical numbers.

Anybody else find these camouflage jerseys kind of ridiculous? Are they just being worn in warm-ups, or are they going to be worn in-game?

Warmups only. Then signed and auctioned. I'd like to have the Larkin or Datsyuk camo one for my pond games. Too big for my wallet though.

Edited by Jacksoni

I dont like playing Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line. We should spread the wealth now that we finally have a chance to. We need more balanced scoring.

Tatar/Zetterberg/Larkin

Abdelkader/Datsyuk/Nyquist

Miller/Glendening/Helm

Sheahan/Athanasiou/Pulkkinen

Datsyuk isn't 100% let alone even be able to play center. Word is he is playing on wing for now. Could be wrong.

Whole team was a mess back then. Find it hard to believe he would just become useless at wing. If he can play center he can play wing

I doubt Blashill has any issues with confidence in either of his goalies. They've swapped back and forth for almost every game this season.

It's no coincidence that mrazek has played every 2nd half of the back to backs. Despite that he still has better numbers.

Also, Detroit has lost every time this season when either goaltender has started consecutively.

Howard lost on 10/16 vs. Carolina after beating Tampa Bay on 10/13.

Mrazek lost to Edmonton on 10/21 after losing to Montreal on 10/17.

Mrazek lost to Carolina on 10/27 after beating Vancouver on 10/24.

I see no reason not to keep alternating starts for the time being.

It's no coincidence that mrazek has played every 2nd half of the back to backs. Despite that he still has better numbers.

How much better are his numbers?

I watched the third period of the Toronto game. Those guys are really skating and playing well. I can't help but wonder why the wings rarely played like that under Babcock. Now, with Blashill, with the exception of a couple of games, they don't skate and have trouble completing a pass. Certainly the wings are more talented than Toronto. What gives?

No they have even numbers. Mrazek had a shutout his last game to bring thme even. Prior to that Jimmy was better. They are both playing great! Rotating every game is working so don't mess with it. It is our O that has been the issue.

An awesome Flashy GDT and No. 13 is back. What can go wrong tonight ?

Let's hope that question doesn't get answered tonight. You will be held responsible. :angry:

Had tickets to this game but had to give them away, so I hope the boys entertain me well via TV tonight. Looking forward to Datsyuk's inaugural appearance.

An awesome Flashy GDT and No. 13 is back. What can go wrong tonight ?

I shouldn't have asked this question..... :unhappy: #jesuiseuropéen Thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families and friends in Paris.

Edited by derblaueClaus

It's so exciting to have Datsyuk back in the squad! He's usually one to be pretty cautious about his returns, so I'm not too worried about him having to be careful out there. He might have some rust to shake off, but even a rusty Pasha is a pianist of his own caliber. Here's to a magical evening!

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Larkin, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen)

Sharks 1

:siren: Let's Go Red Wings!!! :siren: