• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/14 GDT : Red Wings at Boston Bruins, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

Are we talking about team with worst sog average? We are happy that we have a strong goaltending otherwise... We would be top 5 picking next season

I don't really care about shots on goal. I've watched the wings lose enough when out shooting opponents 2 to 1. Hell, we outshot San Jose the other day and lost. I do agree that goaltending is currently keeping us competitive, I just don't think the team is that far off from being successful.

We basically had the same team last year except for Larkin and Green and the first half of the season were one of the better teams in the league.

Same guys just looking inferior. Their potential is much higher than this. I'd say it's a coaching thing and also a player thing.

Yes the coaching change has had an impact. Same is true with the Griffins BTW. But and this is the million dollar question. With babcock one of the best in the business and all the player familier with his style and scheme, we barely made the playoffs the last 4 years. Blashill is no babcock at this point in time. So why did so many expect us to be much better? The players are the same. Most of the "panic" by fans has more to do with them than anything that the team is doing/not doing. This is and was an average team going into the season.

Im not gonna wonder why we are not winning with Miller and Andersson in the lineup and Smith and Jurco out of it. Gotta play the best players to get the best performance.

"I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm looking for the right ones. " - Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks, Miracle. Check it out, great movie.

"I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm looking for the right ones. " - Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks, Miracle. Check it out, great movie.

Movie made to make money has nothing to do with the actual game. Brooks just got lucky. It happens once in life.

The best players must be on the ice. In 5 years time span I've never seen us icing the best line up. It is always a trade-off... Now we are playing Athanasiou which is good but Jurco is on the bench and for some reason Andersson is playing. We are playing the worse goalie in the first of back-to-back games... Why? We could have easily won that game against San Jose with Mrazek in net.

I'm not afraid because if things aren't going into a play-off direction come mid January he has to at least consider a shake up.Pasha has 1 year left so we wouldn't get much in return but I'd love to see him winning another cup and it ain't going to happen here for him. Anyways Z would fetch a nice return but it only happens if he asks for a trade and he has a few years left in his deal so that could reduce the return a bit.

Maybe a package around Kronner

TBH, I'm kind of afraid with Kenny's trade skills...

Dats for Gomez 2003

Tatar, NyQuist and Smith for J-Bouw

NyQuist, Smith and 1st (Mantha) for Edler

Wow.

Holland is now being criticized for bad trades he was rumored to be considering, but never actually made?

This is getting silly.

I used to get so annoyed when people said, "Red Wings fans are spoiled". I thought it was elitist and patronizing. But there may be something to it when some of our fans are critical of things their GM was rumored to have thought about. It's not enough that he doesn't make bad trades, he can't even to rumored to have thought about bad trades.

Lol.

Movie made to make money has nothing to do with the actual game. Brooks just got lucky. It happens once in life.

The best players must be on the ice. In 5 years time span I've never seen us icing the best line up. It is always a trade-off... Now we are playing Athanasiou which is good but Jurco is on the bench and for some reason Andersson is playing. We are playing the worse goalie in the first of back-to-back games... Why? We could have easily won that game against San Jose with Mrazek in net.

Exactly. I dont want the Wings to pull off a miracle. I want them to win because they are better. When we play guys with zero upside (Andersson, Miller) over guys with huge upside (Jurco, Mantha), we are just wasting the opportunity to get to that upside. We need to ice our 12 best forwards, and we dont do that? "Do you want Jurco blocking shots like Miller?" Sure, why not. Miller hasnt missed a game in 22 years blocking shots. And our pk is mediocre, so what's it gonna hurt? It's not like Miller is lighting up the scoresheet. "Andersson is good on faceoffs and defensively responsible." Again, BFD. So what. Neither of these 2 guys can score. And our whole team is having a problem scoring goals 5 on 5. Get Mantha and Jurco in the line up. If we lose with them, then we can all say the team just isnt as good as it needs to be. But icing 10 of our best forwards just leaves everyone wondering what could have been.