• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
derblaueClaus

The suprising rise of Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

I think after last nights game and Kindls performance this topic deserves his own thread. If one player was able to profit from the change from Babs to Blash it's Jakub Kindl. It's stunning how this guy changed performance wise. Under Babs he was nothing but a liability, a plug. Now he is our leader in goals by defenseman and trailing only Kronwall and Green in points. Even better, he is starting to find his defensive game. Sure, sometimes he still makes bonehead plays but it's a far cry from days past where you were guaranteed a heart attack when Kindl was near the puck.

At the beginning of the season I was all for trading him, no I'm strongly against it. Kindl makes this team better and I don't see an available and realistic upgrade to trade for. Keep it up Jakub !

I think after last nights game and Kindls performance this topic deserves his own thread. If one player was able to profit from the change from Babs to Blash it's Jakub Kindl. It's stunning how this guy changed performance wise. Under Babs he was nothing but a liability, a plug. Now he is our leader in goals by defenseman and trailing only Kronwall and Green in points. Even better, he is starting to find his defensive game. Sure, sometimes he still makes bonehead plays but it's a far cry from days past where you were guaranteed a heart attack when Kindl was near the puck.

At the beginning of the season I was all for trading him, no I'm strongly against it. Kindl makes this team better and I don't see an available and realistic upgrade to trade for. Keep it up Jakub !

You're a brave individual. An iconoclast. A pioneer. Be prepared to be mocked and ridiculed.

I sort of agree with you though.

I still think he is too inconsitent. He's been worse, but still, I think he's better served in a package deal. But that is just my opinion. If, Holland can dump E and Smith by time the next season starts and K is still here, I cannot be too mad, because with Q done, it still leaves room for 3 of our 4 young guns. K will still be #6 or #7 on the list, IMO, but his cap hit is fine for another season. What would the pairs look like then? Maybe K with Marchy? XO and Dekeyser? House needs to be cleaned by next october.

I think the fact that his 2 goals are leading the Wings' D is more indicative of the team's lack of scoring from the back end than it is a great positive for Kindl. Also, being 3rd in D scoring on the team is not really new for Kindl... I think he was 2nd or 3rd in both 12-13 and 13-14, and he would have easily been 3rd last season except that he only played 35 games.

Overall, though, I agree that the coaching change has been a good thing for him individually and his play has been noticeably improved so far this season.

Edited by barabbas16

He's a hack.

Good patch-up-defenseman until mister right comes type of player.

However as far as I know there ain't no mister right in our pipeline. Which makes me disillusioned. Big word I know.

Kindl has been much, much better this year.

But he still panics when gets pressured which leads to some scary moments.

If Howard and Mrazek(who both had their only questionable games recently) hadn't been so stellar this year, and hadn't bailed us out so much the outrage would be higher.

But he's a good 3rd pairing guy.

He's putting up points which is good.

He was predicted by Hank to be the most improved player this season.

I'd say he's doing OKAY. I'd like to see a continued increase.

His stats are better than Ericssons if that puts anything into perspective lol

Edited by kickazz

If Blash can drill it into his head to put the body on guys in his own zone like he did last night he should get by. Ozzie made a good point last night, we don't have to be knocking guys on their ass to be physical but you have to be physical. He have to lay the body on guys or we're only taking the space they want us to

He's been alright. I'd like to see him skate the puck more often, when he tries to make quick passes up the wall he usually gets himself in trouble. There's no doubting his talent though, with the puck and in the O-zone he can bring it. If he can get more consistent in his own zone during the year, I don't think anyone will be complaining. (He's played much better than Ericsson too.... for context)

He's been much better for sure, I'd all but given up on him. Though people will probably flame me for this, I also think Smith has looked much better and at times looked more potent offensively than Kindl. Defensively I only ever notice the dumb mistakes they make, but admittedly it's less. Or I get angry less anyway, lol.

Kindl and Smith are by far our most athletic defenseman but I'm very careful to tag anyone our "best" after doing that with Ericsson and Kronner a few years ago. We as fans only notice when defenseman screw up or make good offensive play. I think this is why both Kindl and Smith get so much attention (good and bad). I think the Jury is still out on Green but he definitely moves the puck as well or better than anyone we have.

Whose still out on Green? Doesn't he lead all defensemen in points despite missing the most games?

Playing defense...I think we all knew what we were getting offensively.....and no, Kronner has more points.

Edited by gowings00

yes Kindl iks better. But he was so bad that anything looks better. his game is O, he D sucks and he falls down all the time. he is a 3rd pair guy for us. I hope some other team sees more than that and we can move him and Smith. neither are getting the job done and we need a top 4 guy to pair with Kronwall. Ericsson is worse but also has a bigger cap hit and a NMC so nothing we can do atm.

I suggest watching other teams play. No teams defense is perfect defensively, I say we're a middle of the pack team on defense. Good depth but no high end talent. Thankfully we don't have a guy like Karlsson, he would be castrated here. Then there's our good defensive guys like E who is the worst player in the world around here. Our defense is as good as it's ever been since Lids left

Someone quick, put the word statement in a boiling pot.

Boiled statement.

Kindl has been better than Marchenko, Smith, Kronwall and E in my opinion.

Offensively I agree. Defensively, I think Marchenko has the higher natural IQ than Kindl. Marchenko is still very young and he's already playing on par with some of our current D-men. Can you imagine if he's 28 years old like Kindl is?

--

Praise from Blash.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/11/17/detroit-red-wings-jakub-kindl/75911454/

Edited by kickazz

I suggest watching other teams play. No teams defense is perfect defensively, I say we're a middle of the pack team on defense. Good depth but no high end talent. Thankfully we don't have a guy like Karlsson, he would be castrated here. Then there's our good defensive guys like E who is the worst player in the world around here. Our defense is as good as it's ever been since Lids left

Stats bare that out. We are currently 13th in goals allowed and 9th in PK. Middle of the road for sure. But is being average ok? Right now for the the wailing and nashing of teeth we are the 6th team in the East. Same spot we were in last year.

Most of this has to do-IMHO, with the belief that we are not getting better. We are stuck in the same spot we have been for the past 4 years. Good enough to make the PO's-maybe, but not good enough to get out of the 1st round.

Just for reference, we are 25th in goals scored and 20th on the PP.