• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Wings Need on D and Glaring Inconsistencies

Rate this topic

Once Q is healthy, I don't think we should wait until the offseason to move Kindl and/or Smith) A lot more flexibility, this year. In my mind if we trade both, bringing up another prospect doesn't substantially hurt our D-corps.

Kronwall - Green

DeKeyser - Quincey

Ericsson/Marchenko/XO

(Just as an example)

If a trade isn't possible, I agree kr, wouldn't mind seeing any of those aforementioned prospects up for a short stint with the team swapping in for Marchenko if any other injuries come up.

I don't think Ericsson has been that bad. Like somebody before said, watch other teams defence play, these things happen. He's actually been one of the better dmen at getting shots through on the point (resulted in Abby's goal) and he seems in control in his own zone most of the time. Having said that, I think moving E would be ideal, even if it means retaining a bit of salary. Then resign Q or try our luck with Buff

Ericsson just gets a bad rap because of his salary. If he was making a million dollars less, nobody would be complaining. Except for people who think he needs to be more physical. Which I think he's stepped up this year.

Hypothetically, would you guys be willing to swap bad contracts in a Phaneuf for Ericsson deal? He will most likely be dealt this year and he fills a lot of our needs. He's actually had a pretty good start to the season

Edited by joesuffP

I agree with kip - the D have been good. And they look that way without Q, who will be an upgrade over anyone on the 3rd pair at least.

E is fine. He's not an ideal fit in our top 4, but I think he's been playing better since being taken off the top pair and has DK with him. He had that one 'head in the clouds' moment for the one goal last night, but that hasn't been the norm for him.

I thought every Dman played well in their role last night. E is finally shooting the puck again, Smith is being smart, and Marchenko is looking like a solid sturdy 3rd pairing guy. Kronwall and Green are supposed to provide offense and they do. Ok liking what I see from our backend for the first time in a long time.

Hypothetically, would you guys be willing to swap bad contracts in a Phaneuf for Ericsson deal? He will most likely be dealt this year and he fills a lot of our needs. He's actually had a pretty good start to the season

Phanuef's contract is a whole other level of bad though. But yeah, he's a better D man than Ericsson IMO

Phanuef's contract is a whole other level of bad though. But yeah, he's a better D man than Ericsson IMO

...but I don't think a Phanuef deal gets done with Ericsson and off-setting bad contracts as the cornerstone pieces.

That and also because -

@6ixRy: Zetterberg when we asked him if he wants Phaneuf: " I think we will pass" as he laughs with us.

Doesn't look like the captain wanted him in the locker room lol. I don't blame him. Phaneuf seems to have a s***ty attitude at least from the games I've watched.

Edited by kickazz

We won't be acquiring any top end D in FA don't have the cap and E isn't going anywhere.

Yes we do. We can add about 11 million in long term deals. Be it a F or a D or 1 of each. We have plenty of space if we choose to make moves. During the season we are a little tighter on paper. But if guys like Kindl, Smith Helm etc... are heading out, we can still do it.

Dekeseyer already signed his bridge deal and will be entering his prime, I think he gets a big pay day.

Mrazek will probably go to arbitration. It's hard to determine exactly what he's worth because his potential is very high but he's still unproven. He's probably a #1 goalie already but he hasn't been one in the NHL. Arbitration is the safest move but I'm sure other teams would throw huge money at him

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/wpg151214.html

Byfuglien asking for 8 yrs.$55M is not too bad actually.... $6.8M cap hit sounds good...

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/columnists/bernstein/db151209.html

The Kings acquire D Dustin Byfuglien from the Winnipeg Jets for LW Kyle Clifford, prospect LW Adrian Kempe and a 3rd round pick

This is a trade that the writers would like to see. Who on our team, is equal to the likes of Kyle Clifford and Adrain Kempe. I am pretty sure we could better that deal, then give him 7 yrs. $7M per.

I will be pissed if we give up any assets to bring Byfuglien over in a trade. I will riot if we signed him to that ludicrous contract... F*** Byfuglien! He may be worth it this year and maybe next, but he's going to free fall very soon. The guy is in terrible shape and will be 31 in a few months. Please Kenny, stay far away from any Byfuglien trade talk...