• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rick zombo

Jurco on Conditioning Assignment in GRs

Rate this topic

It's true. Jurco still counts against the 23 man roster even though he's in GRs.

I imagine Andersson gets waived before Jurco if/when Quincey returns. Also, Marchenko is waiver exempt so he could always be sent to GRs.

I was never talking about "losing" Jurco, only questioning how he's going to crack the line-up. To do that, barring injuries, he has to outplay one of Sheahan, Richards, Pulkinnen, Nyquist, or Tatar. Can't see it.

When Q comes back that will give us 8 on the backend, so I imagine they'll try to move someone from the D. Most likely it'll be a typical KH conservative move, so most likely Marchenko will be sent down.

Personally, I'd rather see them shop Kindl and keep Marchy, but we'll see what happens.

I agree with Krsmith regarding Miller too. He just has seemed to have lost a slight edge this season, not sure why, but just seems noticeable. I'd put Jurco in for him if Jurco continues to tear it up, see what he can do with some more confidence.

There are 3 lies. Lies, damn lies, and stats. Even fancy stats don't tell the whole story.

As far as Jurco goes, I remember Blashill says nh Jurco needs to skate harder, not be able to skate harder. That implies an unwillingness to put forth necessary effort.

Not necessarily. If your boss said you needed to work harder, does that automatically mean you're unwilling to work harder? No it just means he expects more out of you, now you have to show him what you can do. He's just lighting a fire. Most players when in a slump or something like that will openly admit they need to work harder, it's not some public shaming.

Can NOT play this guy in place of Miller. He's not ready to be a role player lile Miller.

. <------- the point. ---------------------> you

Jurco should be a forward on a scoring line, not in a grinding, primarily defensive role on the fourth line as has been explained nearly ad infinitum. :)

Here's hoping Jurco keeps tearing it up and comes back to the Wings with renewed confidence and a healthy back and starts to tear it up in Detroit. Blood on him for doing so well in his conditioning stint.

. <------- the point. ---------------------> you

Jurco should be a forward on a scoring line, not in a grinding, primarily defensive role on the fourth line as has been explained nearly ad infinitum. :)

Here's hoping Jurco keeps tearing it up and comes back to the Wings with renewed confidence and a healthy back and starts to tear it up in Detroit. Blood on him for doing so well in his conditioning stint.

Yah, im hoping he replaces Larkin instead of Miller.

This is how I'd insert a rejuvenated Jurco

Larkin-Z-Nyquist

Tatar-Dats-Richards (This line is guaranteed to produce with Tatar turning it on lately)

Jurco-Helm-Pulkinnen

Abby-Glen-Sheahan (I bet this line would suck, which is bizarre because we added two great defensive guys who we expect to score-that's strange, wonder why we struggle to score when we count on these guys. Your fourth line shouldn't get worse as you start adding players from the top 9)

This is how I'd insert a rejuvenated Jurco

Larkin-Z-Nyquist

Tatar-Dats-Richards (This line is guaranteed to produce with Tatar turning it on lately)

Jurco-Helm-Pulkinnen

Abby-Glen-Sheahan (I bet this line would suck, which is bizarre because we added two great defensive guys who we expect to score-that's strange, wonder why we struggle to score when we count on these guys. Your fourth line shouldn't get worse as you start adding players from the top 9)

I like it. Not like our 4th line doesnt completely suck right now anyways.

4-0 Griffins in the second. 2 goals for Jurco so far... Another hatty?

He wasn't even close to a hat-trick. Based on that, it seems like he'd fit into our 4th line, grinding, in the corners.

Joking of course. He's actually looking good. Hope it translates to the big league.

Edited by Jacksoni

the A is a complete different monster. Everytime Pulk went down last season it seemed like he scored 100 goals, then up here he had a hard time bringing that with him. Jurco will be the same. Right now he is too good for the A, and scoring at will, but when he comes back, even with Larkin type minutes, it just won't translate...i hope I'm wrong though.

the A is a complete different monster. Everytime Pulk went down last season it seemed like he scored 100 goals, then up here he had a hard time bringing that with him. Jurco will be the same. Right now he is too good for the A, and scoring at will, but when he comes back, even with Larkin type minutes, it just won't translate...i hope I'm wrong though.

If he replaces Miller, it will translate. If he has to play with Miller, it wont.

LeftWinger, I don't think you're wrong at all. Jurco is too good for the AHL, but he just hasn't quite figured out the NHL yet. But he's not going to do that by watching games up in the press box, and certainly not by only playing a game or two every five or ten. He needs to be a regular, and I hope he can bring enough to justify being in the lineup, in the top 9 every night. Jurco's potential far exceeds anything Pulkkinen has, hell I even still believe that Jurco's ceiling is higher than Tatar's, but he needs to show that can be a fixture in the top 9 first. The production will come, I'm not worried about that.

Pulkinnen is putting up decent numbers in the NHL but he's not a top six forward yet. Both him and Jurco should be able to produce on the third line. Now if only we had two proven goal scoring wingers to put in the top six

I wouldn't be opposed to a reunion of Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco. They had clicked pretty well earlier. Keep Hank-Abs-Larkin together, Pavel-Richards-Nyquist as the top two lines. Helm is going to be a beast on the fourth line. Let Pulkks sit for a couple of games.

Except score. I also think Abby has been healthier? Has he ever missed an extended amount of time? Honest question.

Yeah not really. Missed a bit of time at the end of the season last year. Abby scores garbage goals and that's fine but it's not like he has a knack around the net, it's just hard work and being on a line that consistently produces. I think everyone can recognize Helm is making things happen every time he's on the ice, he should be given a chance

Xym, I agree with everything except I'd switch Larkin and Nyquist. I know people don't want to break up that top line, but I honestly don't think it's really that Zetterberg and Larkin have this great chemistry together, they're just that good. Zetterberg and Nyquist do have great chemistry together, and it seems like Nyquist is always at his best on Hank's line. And really, how can you go wrong with Pav and Larkin on the same line?... I completely agree with that third line of Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco, it was money in the past, no reason to think it wouldn't be again. I'm not in love with Pulkkinen, but there's no denying that he has been producing, so it is tough taking him out. But I don't know how he stays in unless he remains on that second line, you bump Richards down in Sheahan's spot and have a forth line of Sheahan - Helm - Glendening... Either way, a ton of depth, not the worst problem to have...

Helm does create a ton of opportunities for himself which is awesome, but what's the good when he rarely capitalizes on all these chances? Abdelkader had at least 5 breakaway opportunities last season and scored on all of them. For a while there it looked like he couldn't miss... There's no question in my mind that Abby is a better finisher, whether that be on a shot or banging in rebounds. I'm a huge fan of Helm, but I think he should remain in the bottom 6 for now, 4th line if it were up to me...

Xym, I agree with everything except I'd switch Larkin and Nyquist. I know people don't want to break up that top line, but I honestly don't think it's really that Zetterberg and Larkin have this great chemistry together, they're just that good. Zetterberg and Nyquist do have great chemistry together, and it seems like Nyquist is always at his best on Hank's line. And really, how can you go wrong with Pav and Larkin on the same line?... I completely agree with that third line of Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco, it was money in the past, no reason to think it wouldn't be again. I'm not in love with Pulkkinen, but there's no denying that he has been producing, so it is tough taking him out. But I don't know how he stays in unless he remains on that second line, you bump Richards down in Sheahan's spot and have a forth line of Sheahan - Helm - Glendening... Either way, a ton of depth, not the worst problem to have...

Helm does create a ton of opportunities for himself which is awesome, but what's the good when he rarely capitalizes on all these chances? Abdelkader had at least 5 breakaway opportunities last season and scored on all of them. For a while there it looked like he couldn't miss... There's no question in my mind that Abby is a better finisher, whether that be on a shot or banging in rebounds. I'm a huge fan of Helm, but I think he should remain in the bottom 6 for now, 4th line if it were up to me...

You make a very compelling case for the Larkin/Nyquist switch. I'm on board with it. I think you work Pulk back in after a couple of games when he is chomping at the bit. Helm is definitely 4th line at this point, IMHO. I'm OK with sitting Miller from the fourth line (as Bill jumps with glee. :) ), as long as his replacement is suited for the fourth line like your option listed for keeping Pulks in. I honestly feel that one of the worst things you can do to a player, especially younger ones, is play them in a role that their game isn't suited for. Jurco on the 4th line under Babcock provides some empirical evidence.

I really feel like power forward takes the longest to develop out of any player besides maybe d-man. I agree with those who say he was brought up too early, but I feel like there is still a dynamo in there.

My what the hell lines lol:

Richards-Larkin-Nyquist

Tatar-Zetterberg-Helm

Jurco-Datsyuk-Pulkinen

Sheahan-Glendenning-Abdelkader

Edited by StayClassy