• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rick zombo

Jurco on Conditioning Assignment in GRs

Rate this topic

If Kindl is going in, then it should be Smith who sits; Marchenko was real good the last two games, especially against Boston. Pulks has a half dozen goals and needs to build some confidence as he can be a sniper in the future for us if we allow him to develop instead of jerking him around in/out/in/out of the lineup. That's something Torts would do, and he's an ass. If anyone needs to sit it's Richards; he's done nothing this year and has trouble keeping up with the play. He's not physical, doesn't backcheck, and so far has been inefective on the PP too. Jurco could be a real good player for us for years to come and Richards... well he should just retire.

Well he couldn't have gotten better linemates that's for sure.

He should complement them well, on paper. Although there's a risk he'll become a grinder if they dump it in. But if there any 2 on the the team that won't have to do that it's Datsyuk and Richards.

Ugh, Jurco out again, eh?

This kid just isn't going to pan out in Detroit I don't think. May as well add him to the list of replacable assets who can be traded and or waived before the next season.

In no particular order: Helm, Jurco, Andersson, Smith, Kindl, Quincey, Ericsson and Howard to a lessor extent once Mrazek re-signs his deal and takes the #1 outright. If this team was less these players next season, I think we'd have a bright(er) future with what will be coming either in a trade or UFA and from GR next year.

Sucks too, I was and still am pulling for Jurco to make his claim on a roster spot, but he jsut doesn't seem to want to or have the NHL tools to do so...

Ugh, Jurco out again, eh?

This kid just isn't going to pan out in Detroit I don't think. May as well add him to the list of replacable assets who can be traded and or waived before the next season.

In no particular order: Helm, Jurco, Andersson, Smith, Kindl, Quincey, Ericsson and Howard to a lessor extent once Mrazek re-signs his deal and takes the #1 outright. If this team was less these players next season, I think we'd have a bright(er) future with what will be coming either in a trade or UFA and from GR next year.

Sucks too, I was and still am pulling for Jurco to make his claim on a roster spot, but he jsut doesn't seem to want to or have the NHL tools to do so...

You are down on Jurco, Smith, Kindl, and Quincey? Wings fans are spoiled.

I hope he is rotating them, and many posters including myself have already posted why he's playing Tats and Nyquist on the third, there are even articles out there that explain it. I like the idea of it and I really like his system

I don't have a problem with Jurco and Pulks getting rotated in and out ala Smith/Kindl, but it still doesn't make sense to put Pulkkinen to the fourth line with Miller and Glendening. He's just not capable of grinding it out with those two.

If you want to rotate them, this is how I see it:

Rotation A:

Pulkkinen/Jurco with Richards and Datsyuk

Jurco/Pulkkinen with Glendening and Helm

Miller sits

Rotation B:

Jurco with RIchards and Datsyuk

Miller - Glendening - Helm

Pulkkinen sits

Rotation C:

Pulkkinen with Richards and Datsyuk

Jurco sits

Rotation Why The Hell Not (aka Andy needs some love too)

Helm with Richards and Datsyuk

Pulkkinen - Andersson - Jurco

Miller/Glendening sit

I don't have a problem with Jurco and Pulks getting rotated in and out ala Smith/Kindl, but it still doesn't make sense to put Pulkkinen to the fourth line with Miller and Glendening. He's just not capable of grinding it out with those two.

If you want to rotate them, this is how I see it:

Rotation A:

Pulkkinen/Jurco with Richards and Datsyuk

Jurco/Pulkkinen with Glendening and Helm

Miller sits

Rotation B:

Jurco with RIchards and Datsyuk

Pulkkinen sits

Rotation C:

Pulkkinen with Richards and Datsyuk

Jurco sits

Rotation Why The Hell Not (aka Andy needs some love too)

Helm with Richards and Datsyuk

Pulkkinen - Andersson - Jurco

Miller/Glendening sit

Miller Sit? Oyyyy.

Miller Sit? Oyyyy.

I will re-iterate as I have on many occasions: I have no issue with sitting Miller if he's not doing his job.

In my above rotations, he sits in two situations, but otherwise, if we're going with a defensive-minded/shotblocking/"grinder" line for the fourth. He's in.

My main complaint is that I want like to see Blash play Jurco and Pulkkinen to their strengths, not languishing in a fourth line role that they're not suited for.

Don't do this Babcock bulls*** where you try to fit a round peg into a square slot, then get frustrated when it doesn't fit, and just toss the perfectly good round peg into a pile.

So? What happens to this kid now? For some reason I don't believe Blashill when he says he has a long term plan for Jurco.

Im not convinced Blashill is 100% comfortable with Holland yet. Seems way too pc with the players right now instead of doinf what's best for the team.