• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

What are the chances Larkin wins the Calder ?

Rate this topic

I'm asking cause I just seen my local sports lottery added the Calder trophy winner and I find the odds they've given Larkin are high(which is good if you wanna take him)

Panarin 1.75

Domi 3

Eichel 6

Bennett 10

Parayko 15

Larkin 15

Lindberg 20

Ehlers 25

Any other 7

With mcdavid out , might be biased but I think Larkin has a really great shot at winning the trophy , he plays with hank/pavel , great 2 way player and will get tons of ice time

I think he beats panarin even if he ends up with more points(as long as it's close enough) due to the fact that he's 19 and panarin is 24 already

I think he's better player overall than domi, and I can see him slowing down a bit since Arizona should likely miss the playoffs ... Only one that worries me a bit is eichel if he just steps into high gear , but if Larkin ends up close enough and is +30 for example and eichel is -30 I'm guessing it would go to larkin

Anyways enough of my rambling , I just wanna see who most of you guys think will win? Top 3?

I'd say 1 Larkin 2 eichel 3 domi (I'd of considered parayko if he kept up his play all year but I heard he got hurt?)

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

way to early to know. The key will be which of these young guys handles the last 30 games of the season the best. There is a good chance that Larkin will hit a wall-he has never played that many games in a season before. The guy that adjusts the best will win the calder. No idea on who that will be....

way to early to know. The key will be which of these young guys handles the last 30 games of the season the best. There is a good chance that Larkin will hit a wall-he has never played that many games in a season before. The guy that adjusts the best will win the calder. No idea on who that will be....

Good point ... I Think Larkin playing with zetterberg/datsyuk will help him as well as his 2 way play

He absolutely SHOULD be a favorite, but then again, this IS the NHL we are talking about.

As of now, Larkin has 13 pts and +13....Eichel has 9 pts and -7...so our guy should be in the lead, right? Oh, its the NHL...

Edited by LeftWinger

He should definitely be in the conversation.

Duclair is a guy that I think has been very good and is still apparently a rookie. Hasn't put up as many points as Domi so that likely hurts him but I think he is a far better player than Domi.

Panarin is tough to ignore because he's been very good and has already put up a lot of points so I agree with him being the favorite and he's been very good in all areas of the ice.

My rankings of best rookie players:

1. Panarin

2. Duclair

3. Larkin

Who cares, look at the past few years in who one this thing and did they really do anything after that??? Yzerman didn't win it, Zetterberg didn't win it and look where they're at compared to who won it those years.

Are you saying if Steve or hank had won they would have fizzled out? I know that's not what you're saying but it's not like Larkin is gonna be some fly by night kid he has all the tools to be an all star for a long time. Many great players HAVE won it. But I doubt he gets it, wings players never get the same respect as the big hype players

I hope Janmark wins it, because it would be hilarious.

nyquististhefuture would have an aneurysm.

If McDavid returns in the 2nd half of the season and kicks ass, it'll be his trophy. The NHL elite love him like they loved Crosby.

And Crosby himself didn't even win it.

nyquististhefuture would have an aneurysm.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one who'd have an aneurysm here if he won the Calder and we gave him away for free lol

Speaking of Janmark. 3+4 in 21 games.

He sort of cooled off a whole lot didn't he?

Still, he's doing better than Jarnkrok's 4+1 in 18.

:lol:

Pretty sure he's playing with scraps? Not 100% sure ... 3rd liner? Not sure cause I recall seeing nichushkin in the 3rd or 4th line as well once?(no idea what's happening with nichushkin )

Pretty sure he's playing with scraps? Not 100% sure ... 3rd liner? Not sure cause I recall seeing nichushkin in the 3rd or 4th line as well once?(no idea what's happening with nichushkin )

Think Nill would ever consider trading Nichushkin to his old buddy Holland?

Edited by rick zombo