• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Richards to return Friday; Athanasiou sent to GR

Rate this topic

I'm OK with him going down, but I'd love him to stay and play wing on the third line too. I like the idea of suddenly having some size on the wings with him, sheahan, and Abby all playing there.

Yup. Miller, Nyauist, Tatar, and Pulks add up to 2 normal hockey players.

This is really not surprising at all. AA has waiver exemption and while his game has been energizing and fun to watch, he's not setting the world on fire with his play. Of course, if we had the room for another young guy with plenty of scoring upside, I'd prefer for him to stay up. ...but until we shed some excess forwards it's back to GR.

We got the kid in our hands. Relax. Let him improve down there.

Focus on Richards. Dude is old. But can play. As in play, for real. Let's see if that happens. Or we gonna put him a dumpster while wrapped up in cellofane. Need to see him play in order to decide that.

Edited by Jacksoni

It is sad this team is going to have to lean heavy on Richards if they want to make the playoffs and I think we all know that is not happening. Im resigned to the fact that we are not making the playoffs but at least we should be able to get a decent pick maybe.

Hmm. I have some issues with two things here:

1. Richards looked old and seriously out of place his first stint here. I know, adjusting to a new system etc etc, and then he got hurt. Obviously I want to see him succeed and do well, but at the same time, I can't see how we're better off with him in the lineup. I really thought Athanasiou actually brought a few things this team didn't have enough of, the most obvious thing was a certain energy level and tenacity on the forecheck.

2. Pulkkinen. Really isn't doing it for me. I know he has 5 goals so far. But there are just so many instances and times out there where he just doesn't look good enough for this level. And he's so poorly utilised on the PP. Kindl should be feeding him one timer after one timer and doing exactly what Ovechkin was doing last week - just peppering it on net. He needs to step it up.

Hmm. I have some issues with two things here:

1. Richards looked old and seriously out of place his first stint here. I know, adjusting to a new system etc etc, and then he got hurt. Obviously I want to see him succeed and do well, but at the same time, I can't see how we're better off with him in the lineup. I really thought Athanasiou actually brought a few things this team didn't have enough of, the most obvious thing was a certain energy level and tenacity on the forecheck.

2. Pulkkinen. Really isn't doing it for me. I know he has 5 goals so far. But there are just so many instances and times out there where he just doesn't look good enough for this level. And he's so poorly utilised on the PP. Kindl should be feeding him one timer after one timer and doing exactly what Ovechkin was doing last week - just peppering it on net. He needs to step it up.

He is a shooter. But someone has to feed him the puck for him to shoot.

He is a shooter. But someone has to feed him the puck for him to shoot.

And, he really has 6 goals. He just got cheated out of 1.

However, I agree that he has significant room for improvement.

On topic... For myself, I am wiping the slate clean for Richards and giving him the benefit of the doubt to start over and be of value.

Edited by barabbas16

On topic... For myself, I am wiping the slate clean for Richards and giving him the benefit of the doubt to start over and be of value.

Agreed. Take 2. Let's hope he still got game. Has the talent for sure, but injuries can make anyone drop fast. Have to see it to believe it.

It is sad this team is going to have to lean heavy on Richards if they want to make the playoffs and I think we all know that is not happening. Im resigned to the fact that we are not making the playoffs but at least we should be able to get a decent pick maybe.

I don't see this at all. I think he was brought here as a secondary player. I think his main purpose was to cover us while Datsyuk was out. Obviously, that didn't go so well since he was injured too, but Larkin was probably not expected to make the team and gave us a boost while Datsyuk was out.

I honestly think Richards Is an extra and looking for a spot now that Datsyuk's back and Larkin is on the team. I hope proves effective on the wing because I'd rather have that than Sheahan on the wing. Maybe someone wants to trade a Dman for him+a couple of our Dmen.

I thought Richards was one of our better forwards. He has the ability to make plays in tight, something we need more of

Blash's lines make no sense to me. All our grit is on the 4th line except Abby and Helm>Abby right now. I bet inserting him up the lineup would make a big difference in our energy

I thought Richards was one of our better forwards. He has the ability to make plays in tight, something we need more of

Blash's lines make no sense to me. All our grit is on the 4th line except Abby and Helm>Abby right now. I bet inserting him up the lineup would make a big difference in our energy

What bothered me was when dylark went to the dressing room, he plugged Glendenning into his spot, when he could've moved helm up.

The only reasoning I could think for this would be if he were worried about helm getting hurt, but even then it doesn't make much sense.

But richards seemed to play well enough for just coming back from the injury..

I wish he'd start putting up some more ppoints though.

What bothered me was when dylark went to the dressing room, he plugged Glendenning into his spot, when he could've moved helm up.

The only reasoning I could think for this would be if he were worried about helm getting hurt, but even then it doesn't make much sense.

But richards seemed to play well enough for just coming back from the injury..

I wish he'd start putting up some more ppoints though.

The points for Richards will come. I though he looked good for playing his first game in a while and he'll look better when he gets going again. I'm not too worried about that.

I'm guessing that the logic behind putting Glendening with that line is that Glendening is a little better defensively and we were trying to hold the lead. I'm with you and I think it should have been Helm, or Nyquist, but I'm guessing that was the logic behind the move.

I am sure Jurco will get a few chances to prove something after his conditioning stint, but it will have to be really something to bump Pulk out of the lineup. I know Pulk is erratic, but I think Blash likes playing him...heck he was on th 2nd line last night with Dats.

That's why I said "I'd like to see", not "I think we'll see"... I'm a bigger Pulkkinen fan than most here, but I'd still rather see Jurco in over him. I'd also be okay with bumping Richards down to the third line center, Sheahan down to the forth line center or wing, and Miller out, inserting Pulkkinen in the top 9 somewhere...