• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bill Berzeench

When does Larkin get the C?

Rate this topic

I dont feel like Hank is the heart and soul of our team anymore. I'm thinking next year, you sew that C on Larkin's sweater and give the A's to Hank and Sheahan. It's early, but Larkin appears to be what we have all been waiting for - our next Stevie Y.

Let's, for a minute, just say that this isn't a dumb idea. Let's say it is very intelligent. It still would never happen. Because: Red Wings.

Too young. Z is the man until out. You wanna strip him of his badge while he's still on the team? Your logic reminds me of me. At age 10.

I would presume Larkin will get to wear an "A" as one opens up. When he's ready in a few years, he'll get the badge.

No, no, no. I have a source within the organization that tells me their sleeper pick for next years draft is a sperm cell inside the ******** of a Canadian lumberjack named Gretzyzermiex. They know he might be a little young to handle the responsibilities of being captain, but he's big, has soft tail, and he's definitely the fastest swimmer of his generation.

Now you're just trolling.

Why is it so preposterous for me to think that Larkin is our best player and COULD be the next player to get the Wings' C at a very young age. The C isnt a locker stall thats in a better spot in the dressing room. It's usually worn by the player that inspires his team the most with his great play and his vocal abilities. I see Larkin being this VERY soon, if not already. If there's some customary rule where letters are only passed on after retirements, then I'm way wrong. For me, Lidstrom and Yzerman wore them until their retirements because they were the linch pins of the team the whole entire time they played, and were the best at doing what I outlined above the whole entire time they played. I dont know if I feel that way about Hank over Larkin at this particular moment. If Im not allowed to have this opinion, then oh well - call me names. Pretty immature to just throw out "troll" when someone just wants to discuss a topic.

Way way way to early. Z is the C until he retires. he has what, 5 more years on his contract? Also, just because a guy is a good player that does not mean he is a good leader. Not saying Larkin is one way or the other, but that is something the players will decide within the locker room. We didn't take the C away from Stevie even though federoz was out performing him the last few years he played. Things don't work that way.

Now in time, somehwere down the road yes Larkin could get the C. I think him and Dekeyser are the future leaders of this team. Dekeyser will get the A when Datsyuk leaves. Maybe Abby.

Larkin WILL get the C when Z retires. We have 6 more years of Z (if not a few more 1 yr deals) and by then Larkin will be perfectly groomed to take over. Not a minute sooner IMO.

Larkin is a born leader, as a matter of fact that was mentioned by the brass when they drafted him, so indeed he is molded to become C one day, but again, until Z is ready to hand it to him, I don't see him wearing it until Z retires....on a different note, I could see Larkin getting a C when it comes to Team USA play.

Edited by LeftWinger

That would be the best way to heap way to much pressure on an already immature kid. You can see out there that he still has quite a few things to learn in the nhl. He just needs to focus on becoming the best player he can and leave the leadership to our vets. I can't imagine how s***ty it would feel for larkin to be named the captain and have Z still on the team but just demoted - would be against everything this organization stands for.

Why did they do it for Yzerman, then? Im not trying to insult Hank or Dats at all. I just think Laekin is THAT good, and I think Sheahan has good leadership qualities (plays every game, is big, and communicates well).

From my understanding because the former captain Danny Gare had left the team.

I cant see a 19 year old Larkin becoming "the leader" of a team that still has players like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Kronwall on it. Not to mention, do you actually think he would want that? I couldn't imagine just walking into a locker room and taking the captaincy from someone who has been there as long as Z. Typically young guys are given the C, when the entire team around them is young or new to the organization. You dont strip an established vet of the C to give to a 19 year old.

Also, how is being big a good leadership quality?