• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/25 GDT : Boston Bruins at Red Wings, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

I like JoesuffP's line suggestions, but doubt Abby would be put on the 4th, as you wrote in another thread. I hope he does get going again soon as well so don't think it would be smart to take him off the scoring lines yet.

Maybe this:

Ny-Z-Lark

Abby-Dat-Tat

Rich-Helm-Pulk (or Richards and Helm switch)

Mill-Glen-Shea (wouldn't mind giving Andersson a game-he was pretty good when last in)

Edit: Thinking about Zombo's comment, we have just got some chemistry going finally in the last few game, maybe we shouldn't completely change the lines. Maybe just switch Sheahan and Helm for now. Helm's been good and Sheahan not so much.

I would eventually like the lines switched, though.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Well, if you think its bad, you could be Yakupov and Edmonton. A stupid linesman grabbed his collar to keep from falling and jerked Yakupov backwards. His knee got caught up in the whole thing, and I suspect its torn. That linesman needs to be Fired tonight. He cannot be causing injuries out there.

Our best goal scorers shouldn't both be on the third line. I understand getting scoring depth, but we're not getting it. Against LA and St. Louis we should have been up by a few if we had some lethal finishers and the game isn't tight down the stretch, same with tonight. Getting that extra goal makes those wins waaaaay easier and we avoid these losses. I understand keeping Abby in the top six but no way should Pulkinnen be forcing both our best goal scorers on a third line where they aren't able to spread out their scoring and where their play style doesn't suit each other, it's lose lose all for the sake of utilizing a one dimensional rookie

Wings played "let's just try and kill the clock" the last few minutes, and I feel like that's what killed them. They were doing great with the puck possession up until that point and I didn't really see any need to change the strategy really.

Do you want to lose games? Because that's how you lose games.

A well played game for the most part. An undeserved loss, I think. Boston really had no business being in this game. Mrazek needs to make the "key" save at the end there that everyone complains Howard doesn't make. But, moreso, they've got to get the puck into the net more than that. It was Gustavsson in net and you dominated possession - score more than 2 goals.

It happens to a lot of goalies. There were many a nights that Ozzy gave up the goal in the last minute.

Well, if you think its bad, you could be Yakupov and Edmonton. A stupid linesman grabbed his collar to keep from falling and jerked Yakupov backwards. His knee got caught up in the whole thing, and I suspect its torn. That linesman needs to be Fired tonight. He cannot be causing injuries out there.

Like he did it on purpose smh

This loss is the most frustrating. Especially against a division rival that's right behind us. It's not like they ramped up the pressure at all during the entire game either. Not finishing their chances and 1 bad goal by mrazek and we give up two points.... There's a lot to be positive about but theirs no reason for our goals for average to be so low compared to other teams that are getting way more scorin than us

You realize they lost right?

I don't get your comment. I'm agreeing with you that the "let's just try and kill the clock" attitude is what ends up losing games, whilst quoting Archer... I knew I should have gone with another quote, maybe something about Kenny Loggins

Edited by NerveDamage

Wings dominated this game, I don't see much to complain about. Boston stole it, Mrazek couldn't make some key saves. These things will happen even to the best teams.

They happen once or twice a season to the best of teams. Once or twice a month to the Red Wings. It's a problem.

They happen once or twice a season to the best of teams. Once or twice a month to the Red Wings. It's a problem.

Lol no. I'd be willing to bet that teams lose after dominating games much more often than that. Hell, I watched the Wings do that in their powerhouse years. Anyway, as I was saying. The Wings have been projecting upwards and continue to play better. They're obviously not going to win them all, but I'm just happy to see them play well and lose as opposed to those abysmal losses where they're horribly outplayed.