• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nyquistfan14

Marchenko

Rate this topic

I've been very impressed with the way marchenko has played since being up, he rarely makes mistakes, has a great first pass, and is very intelligent in the offensive zone even if it doesn't result in points. This kid looks very good and needs to be here all season IMO

im more comfortable with him than i am with smith or kindl. in the beginning of the season he wasnt doing anything offensively not even pinching in. now hes getting more comfortable and taking shots pinching in to keep the play alive and making smart plays so the offense might come. very impressive

I'm not counting on him for offence, but his breakout passes and defensive play is great. Definitely a good NHLer at this point and he should stay in the lineup. He'll be a good replacement for Q and he's cheap with a lot of upside. With more experience we could see him get more physical. You could see he reads the play well and will step and break up a lot of plays in the neutral zone.

Edited by joesuffP

I like Marchenko and he's played great so far but I wouldn't say he has "a lot of upside", and I certainly wouldn't lable him as a future top 4. He's very smart with and without the puck, which is great to see from a young guy, with just 30 games played in the NHL. But I personally don't see him becoming anything more than a reliable bottom pairing shutdown defensman. I do agree though, he is more than earning his spot in the lineup. Will be interesting to see who gets scratched for tomorrow's game with Kindl coming back in.

<eats some chips>

Dude can play.

<pause>

<eats some chips>

What, you want me to say more? A russian defenseman who played some games.

Point being for a new D-man we gonna have to wait until the end of the season for the report cards, Tricky those defenders.

Marchenko can be a top 4 one day.. depends if the coach wants a shut down guy playing the top 4 or if we have more offensive guys at that point. Defensemen have been able to develop an offensive game later in their careers so who knows. He's only played 30 something games

Smith and Kindl need a partner who can help make up for their brain farts. Marchenko does a decent job there, but at this point KFQ is better. He's moat likely going to be a solid but unspectacular 3rd pair guy who you can plug into the top 4 if there's an injury but you don't want there full time. XO is probably going to end up about the same, with a little more offense and upside.

Move on from Quincey, Smith, and Kindl in the off season, go with those two, Kronwall, Green, Dekeyser, and Ericsson with a cheap vet #7 unless you can make a trade to bring in an upgrade and move Ericsson to the 3rd pair.

Smith and Kindl need a partner who can help make up for their brain farts. Marchenko does a decent job there, but at this point KFQ is better. He's moat likely going to be a solid but unspectacular 3rd pair guy who you can plug into the top 4 if there's an injury but you don't want there full time. XO is probably going to end up about the same, with a little more offense and upside.

Move on from Quincey, Smith, and Kindl in the off season, go with those two, Kronwall, Green, Dekeyser, and Ericsson with a cheap vet #7 unless you can make a trade to bring in an upgrade and move Ericsson to the 3rd pair.

So when Q comes back, would you go with Q-Smith/Kindl or Q-Marchenko?

I do think that Marchenko has earned his spot, but due to having too many D we would likely need a trade to keep him. Otherwise we would have to waive Smith or Kindl who both have a year left on their contracts. That would likely lead to a buyout. The problem with that is that neither Kindl or Smith have vastly outplayed the other so who do we waive?

I agree about next year with XO and Marchenko, but there's no need to sign a vet #7. We also have Jensen and Sproul who will be out of options. Also, If it's just between Kindl/Smith and some "cheap vet" I'd likely want to keep one of our guys.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

So when Q comes back, would you go with Q-Smith/Kindl or Q-Marchenko?

I do think that Marchenko has earned his spot, but due to having too many D we would likely need a trade to keep him. Otherwise we would have to waive Smith or Kindl who both have a year left on their contracts. That would likely lead to a buyout. The problem with that is that neither Kindl or Smith have vastly outplayed the other so who do we waive?

Q-Marchenko without question IMO.

Problem our team has is that the gm is an idiot. Our logjam at D is absurd. Remember Lashoff? Buried.

The only thing I remember about Lashoff is how underwhelming he is. Rightfully buried.

But let me figure out your logic. We have too many good young players, so our GM is an idiot. If Holland trades any of them away LGW would have a meltdown. Moral of the story? People cannot be pleased.

The only thing I remember about Lashoff is how underwhelming he is. Rightfully buried.

But let me figure out your logic. We have too many good young players, so our GM is an idiot. If Holland trades any of them away LGW would have a meltdown. Moral of the story? People cannot be pleased.

Bill is a troll, no one should feed him.

If we traded Mantha, Kindl, and a 1st for Byfuglien under the condition he'd sign for 5 years/30 mil, Id have no issue.

If we traded Mantha, Kindl, and a 1st for Byfuglien under the condition he'd sign for 5 years/30 mil, Id have no issue.

I've seen people mention this in discussion. Is it even possible to make such a condition? I don't think so. We can't talk to a player under contract for another team. Can they talk to the player on our behalf? I doubt it. Otherwise, Why didn't the islander do that for the Vanek trade?

I've seen people mention this in discussion. Is it even possible to make such a condition? I don't think so. We can't talk to a player under contract for another team. Can they talk to the player on our behalf? I doubt it. Otherwise, Why didn't the islander do that for the Vanek trade?

I think we can talk to Winnipeg and if the trade talks are progressing enough to where a deal could happen, im pretty sure they can give us permission to talk to him/his agent for contract discussion purposes.

I'm not 100% on that, but I think that's how it works.