• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/3 GDT : Arizona Coyotes at Red Wings, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

If they can start just as good as last night, then keep it up and manage the third period, effectively locking it down would go a long way for me to consider this team a solid playoff team.

Here's hoping for that, LGRW!

Really starting to get pissed with how Jurco is being mishandled here...

The only thing that makes sense to me is the kid simply isn't giving it his all in practice (and he certainly didn't look like he was playing with a lot of passion in his one game back). I don't think it's likely to be a "mishandle" when both Babcock and now Blashill (who used him liberally in the AHL) refuse to play him. That's two individual coaches over two separate seasons exercising their right to scratch him. And it's unlikely to be due to an injury because he had no problem at all lighting up the AHL, unless he aggravated something in his one game back, but given Jurco's NHL history, all signs seem to point to him not giving enough in the coaches' eyes. And from a fan's viewpoint of just seeing him in games, I personally haven't been impressed with what he's been brining, rust or not. He was straddling that area between non-factor and liability in his last game.

What baffles me is that Pulkkinen, at least from how I'm seeing things, should be in the same boat. He's a turnover machine. If the puck isn't in the back of the net after Pulkkinen touches it, it's on the tape of the opposition's stick. But maybe he's working harder in practice. I dunno. Frankly I think they should both be benched, but we only have one Drew Miller to put into the lineup.

I think blashill is using a very stupid choice of lines. Pulks is way too soft and has not earned playing with pav. Richards on the 4th line? Nyquist and tatar on the 3rd line? Helm playing with pav?!what a waste of pav and his talent. I think blash needs to re do the lines.

Z-dats-Larkin this would just be such a nice line

Abby-richards-tatar

Jurco-shehahn-Nyquist

4th line

Those lines are so much better than blashills

Dats playing with Pulk and Helm. Another game of Datsyuk being forced into irrelevance

I think blashill is using a very stupid choice of lines. Pulks is way too soft and has not earned playing with pav. Richards on the 4th line? Nyquist and tatar on the 3rd line? Helm playing with pav?!what a waste of pav and his talent. I think blash needs to re do the lines.

Z-dats-Larkin this would just be such a nice line

Abby-richards-tatar

Jurco-shehahn-Nyquist

4th line

Those lines are so much better than blashills

Am I missing something? both the GDT and the link say Pulkkinen on the 4th line and Richards on Pav's wing. Maybe Richard's was on the 4th line last game?

I don't like the current lines either. I do like Helm with Dats since he wants a piano puller, but they need a finisher and Richards has the snakebite on him. Those 2 with Tatar were great last year. I like that line reunited. Or more broad changes:

N-Z-A (long lost member of Wu Tang)

Lark-Dats-Helm

Jurco/Rich-Shea-Tat

I get that Blashill wants Goose and Tatar to carry a line by themselves, but I think that's a bad plan. Spread them out and let them carry (or at least contribute to) 2 lines. They're broadly the same ingredient and I have never seen much chemistry between the 2.

Edit: predictions: Wings win 4 to less than 4 (Green, Helm, Tatar, Z)

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk