• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

luvmnger

musicians that are red wing fans?

Rate this topic

1. so i just found out that my favorite band lead guitarist is a massive wings nut!
    30 seconds to mars ..tomo milicevic
    also, massive animal lover, gun enthusiast, and addicted to cinemax Banshee.
    does anyone else know who's into the wings?
    (besides kid rock...we all know that one.)

.This is gonna be my stock #LGRW photo... @DetroitRedWings

CVAefydU8AAO_1P.jpg
    190 retweets541 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. #LARKIN 1f6a8.png1f6a8.png1f6a8.png1f6a8.png1f6a8.png

CU3UG4YUAAAxxvs.jpg
    161 retweets525 likes
    Retweet
    More
  3. LETS DO THIS!!! @detroitredwings #lgrw #whycantiflipmyphoto

CU2_BRvUYAEjOvM.jpg
    162 retweets453 likes
    Retweet
    More

585a2a4f4bc516994a73a6e231110548.jpg

Rapper legend that was a Wings "fan". Tupac. RIP.

MikePosner-DetroitRedWings-11272013.jpg

Mike Posner ofcourse. (Datsyuk was on him for a good few months on his twitter)

81406570.jpg

Chad Kroeger of Nickelback

Emma-Andersson-Facebook.jpg

And ofcourse the one and only. Emma frickin Andersson. (Am I allowed to post this pic?)

Edited by kickazz

The guitarist and pianist for Chiodos, and one of the drummers for the sound of animals fighting are/were red wings fans.

Also the bassist in the blood brothers wore a red wings jersey at a show at the magic stick a few years back.

And come on kickazz.

Hanks wife doesn't count, but the eye candy never hurts.

Also, calling anyone from nickelback a "musician" is being very liberal with the word.

:lol:

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Jack black looks like a live action version of a Tim Burton character.

I second removing Chad Kroeger (aka spaghetti-mop, although i think his hair looks more like ramen noodles) from the list of recognized red wings fans.

You think Kroeger is bad, Justin Beiber is apparently a RWs fan. There are photos of him with many Red Wings hats, but I won't mess up the board with that.

Here's Patti Smith: She was married to Sonic Smith from the MC5 and I think she lived in Detroit for a while.

post-19296-0-97898900-1449335096_thumb.jpg

It'd be cool if Tupac was a fan, but he wasn't. That just happened to be the jersey that best matched his sneakers and bandana on that particular day.

Much like throwback basketball jerseys were one of the fashions of choice for rappers in the early 2000's, hockey jerseys were one of the fashions of rappers in the early-mid 90's.

Nah Tupac wasn't a fan but that pic is pretty dam famous/brought a lot of attention. Especially since Wings were know for their brawling back then.

And yeah Sleepwalker you're right. Tons of rappers wore hockey jerseys back then, especially jerseys of well known teams.

Bandwagoning I guess. But hey, I don't mind!

the drummer for Blue Light Special ...oh wait, that was me.

Legend has it that there is an enduro rider terrorizing the trails in the North Cascades they call The Single Track Slayer. He only rides Gas Gas and usually seen in Red Wings practice jersey. They say he climbs like a mountain goat, comes up behind you on night rides like something out of the Book of Revelations, and wheeelies the entire Washington Backcountry Discovery Route.

post-13298-0-47701800-1449340367_thumb.jpg

post-13298-0-95849300-1449341270_thumb.jpg

the drummer for Blue Light Special ...oh wait, that was me.

Legend has it that there is an enduro rider terrorizing the trails in the North Cascades they call The Single Track Slayer. He only rides Gas Gas and usually seen in Red Wings practice jersey. They say he climbs like a mountain goat, comes up behind you on night rides like something out of the Book of Revelations, and wheeelies the entire Washington Backcountry Discovery Route.

Cool! yet the only thing he seems to be lacking is a GoPro

Edited by NerveDamage

I'm not so much sure that Tupac was an actual Red Wings fans, but rather just sported the gear.

Can we please remove the fact that Spaghetti-Mop is a Red Wings fan? Ewww.

I could be wrong but was he not rumored to be involved with the bloods?

basically every rapper back in the day was rumored to be a part of the bloods/crips but pac wore a lot of blue, and if he was in the bloods he wouldn't be rockin the colors if their rival gang.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was in one of the gangs, but It doesn't seem true.

No gang affiliations for pac, he was your typical mainstream boy. Just came off like he was because he had zero filter on his mouth and rapped about violence and eventually about world problems and corruption etc.

Also is Eminem legit a Wings fan? I mean I get that he's a Detroiter - I've just never seen him rep the team.

You can probably find musicians sporting the gear of several different sporting teams as a lot would wear gear from the local team in cities where they perform.

Cheap applause that way. My gigs are in baby Pens and Baby Sens territory but I still rep the Wings fairly often. :)

And my humblest thanks for the mention earlier in the thread.