• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

12/08 GDT : Red Wings at Washington Capitals, 7:30 ET

Rate this topic

Horribly officiated game

Refs continuously gave the caps a chance to get back in the game

I do feel like mrazek would've gave us a better chance to get another point in the shootout but it Shouldn't have even gone to a shoot out had a pp in ot that should've ended it. Not like either our guys scored in the shootout anyway.

Nonetheless the wings got outplayed most the game. They could've stole it if the refs weren't so lopsided. Just really annoying how one sided the refs were.

I totally disagree with this. Washington was nothing special last night.

I was at the game and was thrilled with the way we looked. We owned them at even strength. Obviously being shorthanded all game against one of the leagues best teams isn't going to lead to much success. And shootouts aren't Howards thing, but otherwise we looked great.

I absolutely don't fear the Caps in a playoff series. We are a MUCH better team than them. Our passing and speed screw them up. It was a game we shouldn't have lost but did, oh well, still happy with the effort. I'd be happy if all our losses came in OT anyway.

Washington clearly has a better roster than us. Our forwards can much up against them pretty evenly but their defense is miles ahead of us. Their tough with size and a lot of skill. They might not score as much as Nashville but I think they have an elite blue line in the NHL, along with Rangers, Blues and Preds

As I was watching the OT and Detroit's PP started, I wanted Blash to pull Howard, have a 5-3 and end it then and there. At the moment I didn't think it would be thaaaat crazy....right? ...no? haha, But, then again, the PP didn't do much and ended up giving up a penalty. But still, I'd rather see them lose like that over the embarrasing SO. No need to put Howard through that...

As I was watching the OT and Detroit's PP started, I wanted Blash to pull Howard, have a 5-3 and end it then and there. At the moment I didn't think it would be thaaaat crazy....right? ...no? haha, But, then again, the PP didn't do much and ended up giving up a penalty. But still, I'd rather see them lose like that over the embarrasing SO. No need to put Howard through that...

I think there might be a rule where if they scored on the empty net we would forfeit our overtime point and get no points even though it was an OT loss. Can someone confirm/deny? I'm not 100%

I think there might be a rule where if they scored on the empty net we would forfeit our overtime point and get no points even though it was an OT loss. Can someone confirm/deny? I'm not 100%

"Clubs who pull their goaltender for an extra attacker during the overtime period (other than on a delayed penalty) will be subject to the potential forfeiture of their one (1) point earned for the tie at the end of regulation in the event the opposing team scores into the empty net."

Per 2015 rule changes for 3 on 3 - Board of Governors approval.

"Clubs who pull their goaltender for an extra attacker during the overtime period (other than on a delayed penalty) will be subject to the potential forfeiture of their one (1) point earned for the tie at the end of regulation in the event the opposing team scores into the empty net."

Per 2015 rule changes for 3 on 3 - Board of Governors approval.

So they really thought that through...Thanks for the info guys! Now I know...