joesuffP

All Purpose Grand Rapids Griffins Thread

Rate this topic

What Is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome?

Thoracic outlet syndrome refers to a group of conditions that develop when the blood vessels or nerves in the thoracic outlet become compressed. The thoracic outlet is the narrow space between your collarbone and first rib. Blood vessels, nerves, and muscles that extend from the back to the arms pass through this area. If the space in the thoracic outlet is too narrow, these structures can become compressed. The increased pressure on the blood vessels and nerves may cause pain in your shoulders, neck, and arms. It can also cause numbness or tingling in your hands.

The cause of thoracic outlet syndrome isn’t always known. However, it may be triggered by physical trauma from a car accident, repetitive movements, or certain structural abnormalities.

Treatment for thoracic outlet syndrome typically consists of physical therapy and medication. Surgery may be needed if symptoms don’t improve after initial treatment.

42 minutes ago, amato said:

How’d it go? 

Griffins outplayed them for two and a half periods in the first game and lost. Did the same in the second game and the score reflected it. I fully expect this series to end in 4 games.

I watched both games and I intend on watch every game in the playoffs, but it's just not the same as past years. The team is being carried by vets. There's not much to get excited about in the way of Red Wings prospects. Svechnikov has been decent, he scored a goal yesterday and could have had another couple, but overall not as impressive as we would hope from a top prospect. The same goes for Hronek and Hicketts. Both have looked decent, but not great. Street, Tangradi, Puempel, Ford, Elson, etc. have been leading the way. Hopefully Svechnikov, Hronek and Hicketts can get going a little offensively.

6 minutes ago, amato said:

Haha 1-1 then?

Yes. Back to Grand Rapids Wednesday for game 3.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Griffins outplayed them for two and a half periods in the first game and lost. Did the same in the second game and the score reflected it. I fully expect this series to end in 4 games.

I watched both games and I intend on watch every game in the playoffs, but it's just not the same as past years. The team is being carried by vets. There's not much to get excited about in the way of Red Wings prospects. Svechnikov has been decent, he scored a goal yesterday and could have had another couple, but overall not as impressive as we would hope from a top prospect. The same goes for Hronek and Hicketts. Both have looked decent, but not great. Street, Tangradi, Puempel, Ford, Elson, etc. have been leading the way. Hopefully Svechnikov, Hronek and Hicketts can get going a little offensively.

Yes. Back to Grand Rapids Wednesday for game 3.

Thanks. Yeah the team has felt a lot more vet dependent than past years; which obviously any wings fan could agree is less exciting. Hopefully they start to get away from that again starting next year. 

On 2018-04-26 at 1:17 PM, BinMucker94 said:

Anyone watch the game last night? How’d Cholowski look out there? I was working the Amerks vs Crunch game and Cal Foote looked pretty damn awesome. Wish the Wings could find a way to pry him away from Tampa.

Cholowski looked good for his 2nd ever pro game, first ever pro playoff game. The thing that always impresses me with this kid, is his poise with the puck, he never seems to get rattled under pressure. He got some power-play time at the end of the game, and looked good out there. The thing I didn't like, was he seemed reluctant to shoot the puck, always deferring, even with a grade A opportunity. I hope that's just nerves, and he becomes more willing to throw pucks at the net. He did make a couple untimely pinches at the blueline. One that caused the Moose' 4th (game winning) goal. Overall, I think he played a good game, and although I doubt he'll play game 5, he'll likely get another look next round, if they win Monday night.

I agree on Foote. He looks like he's going to be a good one for sure. I'd give up quite a bit to get him in Detroit.

Wonder if someone the Lightning like starts falling toward us at the vegas pick if they’d trade Foote for it? Seems like it probably wouldn’t be enough if he’s really doing as well as it sounds, but could be a starting point at least? 

1 hour ago, amato said:

Wonder if someone the Lightning like starts falling toward us at the vegas pick if they’d trade Foote for it? Seems like it probably wouldn’t be enough if he’s really doing as well as it sounds, but could be a starting point at least? 

They are not going to trade Foote to move up a few spots late in the first round...

5 hours ago, marcaractac said:

They are not going to trade Foote to move up a few spots late in the first round...

I think amato meant Foote for Vegas' 1st, not swapping Vegas 1st for Tampa's 1st and Foote. Still, it wouldn't be anywhere near enough. It may be a starting point, but we'd have to add a lot more than just the Vegas pick. Unfortunately, I think it would take a lot more than I'd be willing to part with to get Foote. 

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think amato meant Foote for Vegas' 1st, not swapping Vegas 1st for Tampa's 1st and Foote. Still, it wouldn't be anywhere near enough. It may be a starting point, but we'd have to add a lot more than just the Vegas pick. Unfortunately, I think it would take a lot more than I'd be willing to part with to get Foote. 

Oh I know that's what was meant, and it would still never happen. 

Yeah we’d definitely have to add to it. I was just saying maybe someone they really like starting to fall could get talks started. 

Also factoring into my thought is that they don’t have a first round pick this year. It was traded to NYR in the McDonagh trade. How much more do you guys think it would take? I agree it’d probably be more than I’d be comfortable with in the end too but I like talking about this kind of stuff. 

4 hours ago, amato said:

Yeah we’d definitely have to add to it. I was just saying maybe someone they really like starting to fall could get talks started. 

Also factoring into my thought is that they don’t have a first round pick this year. It was traded to NYR in the McDonagh trade. How much more do you guys think it would take? I agree it’d probably be more than I’d be comfortable with in the end too but I like talking about this kind of stuff. 

Trading for Foote, starting with the Vegas pick, I think we'd have to include Cholowski, which is where I'd draw the line. Take your pick of any other defense prospect, or any forward prospect outside of Rasmussen, and I'd pull the trigger.

Yzerman has a Cup calibre team and the cupboard is stocked with high end prospects. You'd think he'd just do his old buddy Kenny a favor and toss him a bone... :tounge:

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Trading for Foote, starting with the Vegas pick, I think we'd have to include Cholowski, which is where I'd draw the line. Take your pick of any other defense prospect, or any forward prospect outside of Rasmussen, and I'd pull the trigger.

Yzerman has a Cup calibre team and the cupboard is stocked with high end prospects. You'd think he'd just do his old buddy Kenny a favor and toss him a bone... :tounge:

Right?! Cmon Stevie, quit being selfish :P 

Think the Vegas pick and AA would get it done in the extremely hypothetical scenario where it’s because a player they like in the draft fell to the Vegas pick? Would you do that if that’s what Tampa wanted? I’d be pretty on the fence, I think. 

I agree with your prospect assessment. Pretty excited to see where Cholowski and Rasmussen are come preseason.  

7 minutes ago, amato said:

Right?! Cmon Stevie, quit being selfish :P 

Think the Vegas pick and AA would get it done in the extremely hypothetical scenario where it’s because a player they like in the draft fell to the Vegas pick? Would you do that if that’s what Tampa wanted? I’d be pretty on the fence, I think. 

I agree with your prospect assessment. Pretty excited to see where Cholowski and Rasmussen are come preseason.  

I'd have no problem giving up Athanasiou for a Foote calibre defenseman, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to give up Athanasiou AND a 1st round pick. Maybe? But if it were a draft day trade and they wanted to make it because a player they really like dropped, it would depend who it was that dropped. Maybe it's a player we're really high on as well. In which case, I probably wouldn't make the trade.

I'm also not sure if Tampa would have much interest in Athanasiou. They're loaded with top 9 wingers, and more knocking on the door.

If we're looking to acquire a high end defense prospect, Carolina would probably be a better fit.